[3.9] Cospri's CoC Discharge Ascendant (RETIRED)

So I made the CI ascendant of your build...

Levelling was a pain, not sure what would have been a good leveling build to respec - I did a zombie necro build which worked, but was still painful. Any tips for the next guy on how to level?

So for the CI build - what do you recommend for anointing?

And the golem and ancestral warchief pretty much just die instantly. Do you just use them briefly when bossing? or should I only use of them e.g. golem and remove ancestral warchief and add a link to the golem so he actually lives and can be useful?

I'm buying items and its quite hard to fit in all the dex and str, as well as resistances and +energy shield/+% energy shield. In particular mark of the shaper is very hard to use, as rings can come with a lot of resistances (rather than gloves/belt/helm for example) due to the implicits. Maybe I just need to spend a lot more ex than work on a budget lol.

I have also found single target to be lacking so far, bosses can take a while and even with max res and ~4.8k so far, things hurt. I actually died to a beastiary craft!

Also, the PoB for CI ascendant looks like a L100 build, if I finish at say L90 or L93-94, which nodes should I be leaving until last?

So far pretty cool build, the big pops are nice!
Last edited by Armisal on Nov 23, 2019, 10:16:54 AM
Another question:

How do you not die from stun?

Quite often, I cyclone into a big mob and I can't move - I presume its stun or freeze and I'm pretty much dead.
"
Levelling was a pain, not sure what would have been a good leveling build to respec - I did a zombie necro build which worked, but was still painful. Any tips for the next guy on how to level?

Honestly I have no idea. I levelled as Ele hit but it was a complete respecc so I don't recommend that. Honestly, look at other scion guides and see how they level. I've never levelled a discharge scion before, sorry.

"

Tranquility, Void Barrier, Soul of Steel.

"
And the golem and ancestral warchief pretty much just die instantly. Do you just use them briefly when bossing? or should I only use of them e.g. golem and remove ancestral warchief and add a link to the golem so he actually lives and can be useful?

I use protector not warchief. Only for bosses. The golem does die often and you can link it to something to make it stay alive longer but I don't want to waste a gem socket on that. It's upto you.

"
I'm buying items and its quite hard to fit in all the dex and str, as well as resistances and +energy shield/+% energy shield. In particular mark of the shaper is very hard to use, as rings can come with a lot of resistances (rather than gloves/belt/helm for example) due to the implicits. Maybe I just need to spend a lot more ex than work on a budget lol.

You can always use fat res rings till you have enough money to use fit res elsewhere and use endgame rings.

"
I have also found single target to be lacking so far, bosses can take a while and even with max res and ~4.8k so far, things hurt. I actually died to a beastiary craft!

I agree that the single target is not that great. Let me know how it feels after you're done gearing. Ancestral protector would also help with single target. Big reason why you're dying more often is probably because you don't have a leech ring. Get it.

"
Also, the PoB for CI ascendant looks like a L100 build, if I finish at say L90 or L93-94, which nodes should I be leaving until last?

Drop the 4 ES nodes leading upto path of the savant. Drop 'Spell damage per power charge'.

"

Quite often, I cyclone into a big mob and I can't move - I presume its stun or freeze and I'm pretty much dead.

It's freeze. You're stun immune while cycloning. Manage flasks better and try to stand on consecrated ground when spinning.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
What is the maximum amount of attacks you can hit before hitting the CoC cap(and gimping your damage)?
Do we need cooldown recovery on belt to get more procs?
"
"

Honestly I have no idea. I levelled as Ele hit but it was a complete respecc so I don't recommend that. Honestly, look at other scion guides and see how they level. I've never levelled a discharge scion before, sorry.

"

Tranquility, Void Barrier, Soul of Steel.

"

I use protector not warchief. Only for bosses. The golem does die often and you can link it to something to make it stay alive longer but I don't want to waste a gem socket on that. It's upto you.

"

You can always use fat res rings till you have enough money to use fit res elsewhere and use endgame rings.

"

I agree that the single target is not that great. Let me know how it feels after you're done gearing. Ancestral protector would also help with single target. Big reason why you're dying more often is probably because you don't have a leech ring. Get it.

"

Drop the 4 ES nodes leading upto path of the savant. Drop 'Spell damage per power charge'.

"

It's freeze. You're stun immune while cycloning. Manage flasks better and try to stand on consecrated ground when spinning.

Yes a heat flask makes it a world of difference.

League ended so it's on standard, and I'm on the new league so probably won't return to it.

my items ended up being:

The high(er) energy shield on your PoB isn't possible anymore with all the modifier nerfs or if you get godly gear (exxxxx) so getting 7.1k energy shield and maintaining all the dps isn't feasible without a big budget in my opinion.

I'm done gearing and ended up with 6.3k energy shield and 1 life (CI). It kills fine but it is very squishy. Indeed bosses are hard as you kinda need all the flasks up to keep you alive/damaging properly. It's better suited to clearing than boss killing. I tried uber elder with it and it was hard - gave up after 4 deaths and brought in my necro which clears it with no deaths consistently.

I ended up using a low CWDT+Ic+enfeeble for the survivability and a high CWDT+ice golem+meat shield to keep the golem up.

I ended up dropping a jewel and the area of effect nodes (blast radius) as I really needed the energy shield to make it over 6k energy shield and damage isn't really an issue. I'm thinking going CI might not be the best thing as you can gain another 1.3k life or so making it more respectible but yes, you need to manage your life too.

Last edited by Armisal on Dec 27, 2019, 8:17:34 AM
As you can't go past 7.5 aps without gimping your damage, i took the liberty to fix your build
https://pastebin.com/iZSGmSui
took assassin instead of berserker, took away blood rage, ancestral protector, shield charge and changed Brutal Restraint's position and some gear changes too to ensure i have almost 100% crit chance at all times
the result is way better than before, now the discharges are more frequent than with your version (too much APS was skipping casts)
probs a dumb question and covered in the thread already but i wasn't really bothered reading all 6 pages sorry.

How did you spec some points in the middle and then go from the top without connecting in the middle for example

As a suggestion would be quite helpful if you could add an incremental paste for skill points unless i've missed something it just has the maxish lvl for it. Thanks for this :)
"
What is the maximum amount of attacks you can hit before hitting the CoC cap(and gimping your damage)?
Do we need cooldown recovery on belt to get more procs?

Depends on how much cdr, crit chance, accuracy you have. Assuming 100% crit and accuracy, for 0 cdr, you want your ats to be in multiples of 6.06. For 14% you want it to be in multiples of 7.57.

Yes the cooldown recovery mod allows you to get more frequent procs, provided you can scale your attack speed accordingly as well.

"
The high(er) energy shield on your PoB isn't possible anymore with all the modifier nerfs or if you get godly gear (exxxxx) so getting 7.1k energy shield and maintaining all the dps isn't feasible without a big budget in my opinion.

The ES pob was, as I wrote, an experimental thing; a template for those who want to explore that route. It wasn't a guide. Even my character isn't ES based. I liked the Second Sight + Lycosidae combo and stuck with it. It's possible the ES version is outdated, since I haven't looked at it since.

"
I'm done gearing and ended up with 6.3k energy shield and 1 life (CI). It kills fine but it is very squishy. Indeed bosses are hard as you kinda need all the flasks up to keep you alive/damaging properly. It's better suited to clearing than boss killing. I tried uber elder with it and it was hard - gave up after 4 deaths and brought in my necro which clears it with no deaths consistently.

Bosses are hard with this yes. I should have wrote that in the pros and cons mb, and yes necro is busted if you just want to afk a fight and let your minions do everything.

"
As you can't go past 7.5 aps without gimping your damage, i took the liberty to fix your build
https://pastebin.com/iZSGmSui
took assassin instead of berserker, took away blood rage, ancestral protector, shield charge and changed Brutal Restraint's position and some gear changes too to ensure i have almost 100% crit chance at all times
the result is way better than before, now the discharges are more frequent than with your version (too much APS was skipping casts)

You CAN go past 7.5 with 14% cdr, provided you can reach 7.57*2 = 15.14, which I can. Awakened coc gets you that cdr. The only thing you need to get 100% crit is bottled faith. It's the easiest way to get full crit. Berserker is essential for the attack speed to break the cap. Also generic 15% more dmg is not bad. I might be changing conc to inspiration.

"
How did you spec some points in the middle and then go from the top without connecting

Path of the templar from Ascendant let's you start from the templar starting position on the tree. My tree therefore, can start from the ascendant start or templar start.

"
As a suggestion would be quite helpful if you could add an incremental paste for skill points unless i've missed something it just has the maxish lvl for it. Thanks for this :)

I'm sorry I had levelling trees earlier but it's really annoying to update 60 trees every three months. (~6 levelling trees x 10 guides). I realize this build in particular is tricky to path with, and I'm sorry for that. In general you want to fill up the tree, focusing on life and spell nodes (assuming you're levelling with spells). Start from the scion start and path towards the templar area, grabbing life nodes, then to right side through witch, grabbing all the dmg nodes on the way. Leave gem sockets for post 90.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
"
You CAN go past 7.5 with 14% cdr, provided you can reach 7.57*2 = 15.14, which I can. Awakened coc gets you that cdr. The only thing you need to get 100% crit is bottled faith. It's the easiest way to get full crit. Berserker is essential for the attack speed to break the cap. Also generic 15% more dmg is not bad. I might be changing conc to inspiration.

Even if awakened CoC can go past 7.5aps (10.10 aps with 52% cdr) the 165ms trigger in Cospri still exists, and the 15 aps thing is when you dual wield cospris, as you only hit with one of them each time so you have to double 7.5 to achieve maximum efficiency in triggers
and 15 aps with a single CoC is for double spells-double cospris, which you don't use so staying in 7.5 and maximizing your crit chance is the most viable option

read this guide to learn CoC trigger mechanics
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/
Last edited by KekuLiao on Jan 3, 2020, 8:24:09 PM
Not too far in, only did the first ascendancy, but how do you get to beserker as the final ascendancy points if you only get 8 points but it takes 6 to get to path of templar?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info