[3.5 HC | Video Guide] Stormbrand Inquisitor | high clearspeed/damage | Shock & Shatter


First of all i would like to mention that i want to avoid text of walls in this guide, so let's start.
English isn't my native language.

Video Guide:
[Video Guide] Stormbrand Inquisitor | Shock & Shatter | massive Damage
feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvement

PoB: https://pastebin.com/TfPQPkMT


The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[Video Guide] Stormbrand Inquisitor | Shock & Shatter | massive Damage

Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.



Current gear:


Gear in general:
Spoiler

A rare Sceptre is the way to go. it doesn’t have to be Shaper version. Look for Crit Chance, Cast speed, Crit Multi, Spell damage and every kind of flat elemental damage for spells! Since Betrayal you can also Master Craft Non Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Dmg which is really powerful too.

It is impossible to get every single stat.
So i recommend you taking the time to compare and simulate different weapons in pob to figure out your biggest damage increases.

Shield is Cast speed, Life and resistances. If you have the possibility to craft extra chaos damage, do it! Big boys go also for Spell Crit.

Helmet is Tempest’s binding which provides us with life and all res. but most importantly makes our 4 - link setup into a 6 link setup.
Innervate gives additional flat lightning damage and an increased chance to shock and Icebite provides us Frenzy Charges on Kill and a bunch of Flat Cold damage.

As i’ve already mentioned in the beginning, this unique is extremely overlooked in my opinion.
Alternatives are a 6 link Loreweave or a rare helmet crafted with essence of horror. Both alternatives give comparable damage but are waaayy more expensive than Tempest’s Binding.

Kaom’s heart is our HP giver number 1 and highly recommended. If you don’t have the money at beginning look for any rare chest with highest life roll you can get. Links doesn’t matter!

On rings I decided to go for a rare elder crafted ring with warlords mark on hit, which gives you life, mana leech and endurance charges on kill. The second one is a mark of the shaper.

On rest of your gear aim for Life, Res and maybe Chaos Res. and crit multi on Amulet. You can also craft really cool stuff with newly introduced working bench, so take a look.
For example you are now able to craft movement speed combined with Onslaught or Cannot Chilled on boots. This way you can save a lot of currency!

For jewels go for Crit Multi, life and Cast speed.



6 link in Tempest's Binding
Storm Brand - Conc Effect - Controlled Destruction - Increased Crit

3 Link
Decoy Totem - Multiple Totem - Minion and Totem Ele Resistances

3 Link
Brand Recall - Arcane Surge - Flame Dash

2 Link
Cwdt - Immortal call

3 Link
Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Brand Recall

single
Herald of Ice Herald of Thunder, Vitality (or Wrath instead of HoT and Vitality for more DMG)


For leveling i used Frost bomb and Freezing Pulse. At level 12 i switched to Storm Brand. Grab also Brand recall at 16 and you’ll be flying over leveling progress. Storm brand has approved to be the best leveling and racing ability nowadays. It has replaced arc mines.

It doesn’t make sense to go for crit before you have Inevitable Judgement on your ascendancy, so level as non crit and take elemental overload on passive tree…
I usually transition into crit in high 60’s in Blood aqueduct and have access to my crit gear.

Because apparently many new players are watching my videos i’ve also added leveling trees in my POB link, at the bottom left you can swap between the different skill trees for level progression, so i hope that helps you out.

Ascendancy
Beside it's one of the best league starter classes for storm brand, it also provides you tons of damage and defense. I mean, you can also do Scion Ascendant shenanigans, but that is super expensive and tedious in my opinion. You always need “they call it holy trinity which consists of 2 Might of the Meek and one Unnatural Jewel” But that’s just a side node. Let’s get back into our ascendancy order for inquisitor.

Ascendancy order:
Spoiler

Instruments of Virtue which is really nice for leveling, and also map clear. Great pick for Normal Lab!

Righteous Providence isn’t that appealing before you go full crit but we have to pick it because...
It frees the way up to inevitable Judgement

And last but not least Augury of Penitence provides great offense and also defense!

All in all i think inquisitor is greatly un appreciated ascendancy class nowadays… it’s a great choice especially with the new introduced storm brand.
You also don’t have to bother with enemies Resistances, so you can easily combine different elements with your attack.

But also Elementalist is a great ascendancy for it, so if you don’t like templars overall, this might be the class for you then.
Here you take Pendulum of Destruction - Mastermind - Shaper of Desolation and Beacon of Ruin.


Pantheons
Pantheons i chose Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Gruthkul. Especially upgrade provides us with a mini temporal chains which is really nice in my opinion.


Bandits: help ALIRA
Last edited by Shaarq on Jan 7, 2019, 4:11:45 PM
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2019, 9:28:59 AM
How is the single target damage with inquisitor? I played elementalist in the beginning and found single target to be a little lacking in t11+ maps
"
Soosiz wrote:
How is the single target damage with inquisitor? I played elementalist in the beginning and found single target to be a little lacking in t11+ maps


it is really good.
you do such high lightning damage hits that you can even shock shaper. In the beginning of the video you see also red elder (t14) kill.
This build is underrated actually. Killed T13 Elder at level 75 with it. Interesting approach!
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
This build is underrated actually. Killed T13 Elder at level 75 with it. Interesting approach!


it seems people don't give it that credit it deserves, yeah. ;-)
Hey, wanna play a storm brand Temp but since im still kinda noob this guide aint givin me much to go on. How do i use pob? I wanna check skill tree and have 0 clue, im a HC player even if i shouldnt in poe but once you start HC u cant go back :P. I have ripped 6 chars on lvl
80+ now so my budget is kinda meh but still got nice lvling gear so if you could give some more insight on lvlnig aswell it would be awesome!
thanks
hey dude, great build, doing it now. Had a question about storm brand links, would swaping hypothermia for controlled destruction make sense to increase crit chance while only losing around 4% more deeps?
"
Acer99 wrote:
hey dude, great build, doing it now. Had a question about storm brand links, would swaping hypothermia for controlled destruction make sense to increase crit chance while only losing around 4% more deeps?


i don't get it... controlled destruction decreases your crit chance, so no, i'd always stick to hypo
"
Shaarq wrote:
"
Acer99 wrote:
hey dude, great build, doing it now. Had a question about storm brand links, would swaping hypothermia for controlled destruction make sense to increase crit chance while only losing around 4% more deeps?


i don't get it... controlled destruction decreases your crit chance, so no, i'd always stick to hypo



What I mean is, in your links for storm brand you have controlled destruction. My question is if you've thought about using hypothermia instead?
"
Acer99 wrote:
"
Shaarq wrote:
"
Acer99 wrote:
hey dude, great build, doing it now. Had a question about storm brand links, would swaping hypothermia for controlled destruction make sense to increase crit chance while only losing around 4% more deeps?


i don't get it... controlled destruction decreases your crit chance, so no, i'd always stick to hypo



What I mean is, in your links for storm brand you have controlled destruction. My question is if you've thought about using hypothermia instead?


Ah sry, misunderstood. Sure you can also do that, but i don't see any point for doing that. For general mapping it dosn't matter, but for endgame bosses controlled destru would win.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info