0.9.7c Patch Notes

Chris,

You had talked about possibly lowering the damage of yellow mobs to 66% while giving them a 33% increase in attack speed to counter the high burst damage that they currently have with more consistent damage - making it easier for players to manage their health pools.

Is this still an idea that may be implemented? and if so, would it be a 0.9.7 patch?
"
Xapti wrote:
I hope critical chance wasn't reduced though, because it was already pretty low (like 35% max or something?). So now accuracy in one weapon doesn't affect the other if dual-wielding? kinda nerfs dual wielding a bit, but I'm sure that's either not a big deal, or could be balanced out with some other buff to it.

Critical wasn't touched actually. Implicit accuracy (on swords) was nerfed a little. Dual wielding weapons never affected each other anyway.

"
Xapti wrote:
How about reducing the effectiveness of "increased damage" modifier though? Ever since it went local the numbers didn't need to be as high as they are now. The values just seem overpowered compared to other mods (which is at least mitigated a bit compared to some mods now)

Maybe, but there are implications. For a start, players would complain they can't generate "good" items any more :P

"
Xapti wrote:
Also, any ETA on when increased charge duration, and "gain power charge on minion death"/"gain power charge on melee critical" passives will return? Those really weren't part of the problem with charges.

The charge duration will be in 0.9.7d. We don't yet have a firm plan to return the conditional charge passives you mention.

"
Elynole wrote:
Chris,

You had talked about possibly lowering the damage of yellow mobs to 66% while giving them a 33% increase in attack speed to counter the high burst damage that they currently have with more consistent damage - making it easier for players to manage their health pools.

Is this still an idea that may be implemented? and if so, would it be a 0.9.7 patch?

It will be implemented. It is on our whiteboard. I don't know which patch it will make it into, but it's on my "very short term" timeline.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Mar 20, 2012, 10:58:38 PM
212.35 MB.

Chris, what's in this patch? What makes it so big?
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
212.35 MB.

Chris, what's in this patch? What makes it so big?

A lot of art upgrades. I'm trying to get 0.9.8 out faster which means keeping the 0.9.7 series as close to our office copy as I can.

Edit: for example, have a look in the new special (purpose not yet disclosed) room in the Warden's Quarters level. It has paper strewn everywhere now. That's the type of thing that previously would have made it into the next major patch. In the interests of getting patches out fast, I'm merging changes like that into Beta earlier.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Mar 20, 2012, 11:00:25 PM
"Seeing the amount of paperwork he still had left to do made Brutus go into a frothing rage, killing everybody around him. And that is why he was locked away - paper kills.

SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT - GREENPEACE 2012"

edit: Important thing - I usually download the patch at around 500kb/s which is pretty good. However, it's just dropped down to 50kb/s. It ALWAYS does this when it nears the end but it's only at 65% right now. Any reason it slows down, or is it just me?
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Mar 20, 2012, 11:04:06 PM
"
Chris wrote:

It will be implemented. It is on our whiteboard. I don't know which patch it will make it into, but it's on my "very short term" timeline.

Thanks Chris! You guys are awesome :)
"
Chris wrote:
  • Added taunts back to goatmen.

What exactly do these taunts accomplish for the monsters? I see them stop and perform the animation, but the only taunt I ever noticed a result was for the ape chieftain.

Do the other monster taunts provide hidden boosts to damage, or call other nearby monsters to reinforce?

*Thanks for the answer, makes sense!
Last edited by Lo4f on Mar 20, 2012, 11:24:26 PM
"
Dreggon wrote:
edit: Important thing - I usually download the patch at around 500kb/s which is pretty good. However, it's just dropped down to 50kb/s. It ALWAYS does this when it nears the end but it's only at 65% right now. Any reason it slows down, or is it just me?

There is a technical reason - we download ten files at once, so if all of them are finished then the remaining might be slower.
"
Lo4f wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
  • Added taunts back to goatmen.

What exactly do these taunts accomplish for the monsters? I see them stop and perform the animation, but the only taunt I ever noticed a result was for the ape chieftain.

Do the other monster taunts provide hidden boosts to damage, or call other nearby monsters to reinforce?

To keep things in sync, we have monsters stop and do nothing briefly every few seconds. This allows them to get back into the correct place if they're out of sync. We've replaced the "do nothing" with "taunt occasionally", which has the same sync benefits but looks nicer!
Another nice minor fixes !

Any upcoming update regarding showing a more accurate 'accuracy' ratio for weapon specific accurate nodes, f.e 12% inc accuracy for two-handed weapons, but these kinda nodes are not viably shown in character screen, so the outcome total would be very likely not so accurate.

And any updated info regarding to show more accurate DR for incoming damages overall ? Most importantly when should we expect a mechanism that calculates the last monster we deal with, like D2 did it, is it too far to be implemented ?

Thanks and cheerz !
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info