3.5 HoWA Occultist || All Content Down deathless - Delve 600 / All Bosses Complete

I've spent 10k alts, seen others spend that, hitting those two rolls is crazy man. Crazy
"
vileArchon wrote:
"
Talamoe wrote:
Is it worth getting +44 energy shield on hit from Watcher's Eye?

I wonder, if 46 life gained on hit from claw is being transformed to 46 discipline gained on hit thanks to Ghost Reaver?

doesnt work like that. energy shield on hit watchers eye is ok, but the bis is the %es when clarity is running.

Thanks for info. Yeah I was thinking about getting:

1) ES as % of mana while clarity is up + ES on hit from Disci [this would kill my entire budget in BSC]
2) ES as % of mana while clarity + Wrath mods + remaining EXs on gear improvements
3) ES on hit from Disci + Wrath mods + remaining EXs on gear improvements

Can't yet decide what should I do. For reference, my gear below:

Very nice gear. I think all three are solid options.
Maybe do a middle ground so you still have some cash to have fun in the league without worrying about going broke?
"
GGZII wrote:
Very nice gear. I think all three are solid options.
Maybe do a middle ground so you still have some cash to have fun in the league without worrying about going broke?

Thanks for tips, I did as you suggested and got myself the cheapest 18% of Max Mana as ES Whather's Eye, and invested the rest into -9% lightning res / +2 MS /55+ int Hubris Circlet.

I am quite happy with this approach and I think that overpaying for +30 ES on hit wouldn't be that good of a choice.

Cheers
Last edited by Talamoe on Jan 18, 2019, 5:11:52 AM
Hey, as this is the only active HoWA occultist thread on the forum, I'd like to ask about tips and possible upgrades that would help me in downing Uber Elder.

I have already burned 3 sets on this char and got him and shaper down to 1/3. I know that there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to my mechanical skill but I'd like to know if there is something in gear department that could help me. I feel like I'm lacking a bit of dps (problem with killing propagators while still having decent uptime on Elder).

Things that I have considered:
- Getting 3rd curse in ele weakness on gloves (how to rearrange tree to make it viable?)
- Getting int/str corruption on my Cyclopean Coil
- Getting ES when affected by Clarity Watcher's Eye (again how to rearrange tree to get mana for additional reservation?)

I know that there is one possible upgrade that I haven't listed - 2 MS Hubris Circlet, but with my budget of 7ex that is unfortunately out of reach.

As for pantheons I'm using on Uber, it is Brine King and Yugul.

My gear as well as PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/iBFTvHVR (Anc protector and golem is disabled as they barely stay alive anyway)

I made this character specifically for delving.The survivability is quite high and it does its job very well.If you want to go deep delving w/o randomly getting one shot and get frustrated this build is really nice for it.I've seen there's a jugg howa variant as well.

I simply couldn't justify the 90+ ex %/gain es watcher's eye and i decided to go for fenumus boots instead and get the same combo muuuuuch cheaper while still maintaing currently 13k es and get a nice boost for spider's aspect at the same time.

One big downside is the boss dps.It's simply atrocious when you get some nasty
moded delve bosses.Uber elder is not a problm though but it's still lacking for my taste.

Overall it's a fun build but it can get really expensive so unless you don't care about delving down there are much more cost-efficient ones out there.

Last edited by boonobosMike on Jan 19, 2019, 4:12:19 PM
Where is the pob paste bin or skill tree link ?
Am level 97 now, tankiest build ive played in PoE probably since 2012, it really can handle nearly everything the game can throw at you.

I bought atziri's reflec for 27ex, used it for 2 days, felt the added defence wasnt really necessary and was overkill. Ended up selling it for 30ex and gearing a bow build.

My only complaint is its map clear speed is a tad slow when compared to some zoom zoom bow builds. Ofc this build has far superior defences to compensate for the slower clear speed.

All in all 9/10 and next league I will very likely use this build again for its early league cost efficiency.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
Last edited by vileArchon on Jan 20, 2019, 6:34:05 PM
"
vileArchon wrote:
Am level 97 now, tankiest build ive played in PoE probably since 2012, it really can handle nearly everything the game can throw at you.

I bought atziri's reflec for 27ex, used it for 2 days, felt the added defence wasnt really necessary and was overkill. Ended up selling it for 30ex and gearing a bow build.

This build is mostly designed for deep delving or hardcore.I can see why many can't justify it.You don't really care about some deaths here and there in softcore but really it's a big defensive boost and quality of life.

You get over 1.3k es/curse effectiveness and above all that a truck load of resistances which makes gearing up so much easier w/o limiting yourself with resist jewels or purity auras.

Small Update - I tweaked my tree a bit if you want to look, I basically took all the mana Reservation / curse effect nodes as I have now sort of converted it into a full time Delver. This gives us more Curse power, could even fit clarity in if you want the watchers eye and allows use to have an aspect.

I use defensive pots now and a Freeze removal flask so i lost the ring. ES went from about 13k to 15k. Ignore aspect of the cat I don't use it, if anything crab would be nice for physical reduction, but for now it's just spider.

Spoiler

I've taken it to depth 500 and it seems fine and still managed to kill all the guardians deathless with the new setup so damage is still alright.

Over the past few days I have been trying to Kill "Aul, the Crystal King" for the first time. I have never watched any videos and did the whole thing blind, after about 5 hours I finally beat him. I made a sort of video where I show the progress and how I tackled the fight here.

Link to My first ever Aul Kill : https://youtu.be/hA7yzdBl2zE
Quick Tips / Aul Kill: ****

Also here are some tips I figured out whilst playing it.

Thanks for the support on the videos / Build.

- GGZii
Last edited by GGZII on Jan 21, 2019, 6:53:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info