[3.5]Garf's Low Life Vortex/Cold Snap guide - 1MIL DPS - 11K ES - U-Elder deathless - Delve 600

Hello Exiles,

I will add more specific details for the gear this week.
Adding new gear this evening

Delve Update: reached lvl 600

As I saw some guides regarding Vortex and Cold Snap and it was mostly CI, I wanted to try a low life variant of it.

So here is my attempt, enjoy!

About the build:
Pros
+ Tanky – thanks to Occultist and curses
+ Nice DPS with Vortex and Cold Snap DOT close to 1MIL
+ 10k+ ES as Low life so don’t worry about one hits
+ Good clearspeed
+ Can start on a decent budget

cons
- Flame Dash as movement as I don’t find it that bad, but a lot of poeple don’t like it
- Not that cheap to min-max with ES and dmg
- Can’t do Ele reflect
- Can’t do no regen
- Need some Str/Dex on your gear, but you also can take the big notes in the tree which is fine, as they are already connected to our skill tree

Mechanic
The playstyle is simple, as you run into the mob group (with or without phase run) drop your vortex or cast Cold Snap from distance.
For bossing cast Cold Snap and run around dropping your Vortex.
Important is the Weapon mod Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill, as this procs your dmg debuffs and you don't have to selfcast them, which is great for QOL.
You don't need such one:
as they are expensive, just use a normal Sceptre with cold/spell damage, cold dmg over time multiplier and the trigger mod.
For Tankiness we're Occultist and have Aspect of the spider, enfeeble and Temporal Chains as aura curse.

What you need to start

As we're low life, we need
This makes the build not league starter friendly. Still you can start out with CI and the a little adjusted skill tree which should be fine, as CI is only 2 skill points away and switch to low life as soon as you get a Shavs. I will add a CI skill tree also, when I'm done with recording.

Videos

POE Snapshot at lvl 96

POB Links

https://pastebin.com/eX5nVqwS
With 20/20 on gems lvl 21 Vortex DPS is 926440 (+76716 initial hit) + 172027 (+48251 initial hit) Cold Snap it's over 1 MIL DPS for dots only.

Gear & Gems

At the momemnt I try to min-max everything to get to the final version of the build.
You don't need that level of gear, so as already mentioned, I will add a budget version and alternatives of gear to this section.

Current gear

Jewels

These are just examples what you can look for:

Flasks

Gems

Vortex Setup

Cold Snap Setup

Curse Setup

Utility Setup
I put my
in a single socket

Aura Setup for low life

Weapon setup to proc EE and Frost bomb

Passive Tree - Ascendancy - Pantheon - Bandits

Passive Tree

Ascendancy
Occultist of course :)
In order of importance:
Wicked Ward
Vile Bastion
Void Beacon
Frigid Wake

Pantheon
Soul of Arakaali + Soul of Shakari

Bandits
Betray them and kill'em all :)

Leveling Section WIP

If you can get a weapon with Trigger mod, you can skill Elemental Equilibrium ealier as it adds a lot of dmg.
Skills
For leveling you mostly can use what you like regarding skills.
I started out with Freezing Pulse and switched to Storm Brand at level 12. You also can use blade Vortex, it is personal preference. You skill some cold damage at the start so using a cold skill is the most efficiant one like freezing pulse, Frostbolt or other cold spells.
If you have a tabula all spells should be fine as the dmg is enonugh till lvl 28 were we switch to Vortex and Cold Snap.
You can add a Cold Snap at lvl 16 to level it in your gear.

Gear
Gear which makes leveling really easy:

Karui Ward and Kaom's ring solves early str/dex needs
Timeclasp is good for some extra ES early on

Example leveling gear of FernQVist who posted it on page 2 which he used to do uber lab at lvl 60:
Fernqvist gear
"
Fernqvist wrote:
Just did uberlab at level 60 with this gear:

Was quite a smooth run aswell, Some dodging required but that is expected with this kind of gear for uberlab

Leveling trees

Transition to Low life
http://poeurl.com/cepI
Respec your life nodes and the hybrid ones near to Pain Attunment. You can switch to Lowlife earlier, as you feel confortable with your ES. This depends on the gear you already own.

MF Section

I tried some magic finding to fit into the build and I ended up with
8K ES and around 800k dps with Vortex and Cold Snap. This is the first attempt so it's maybe getting better also I will switch the ammy from a bisco's to a rare shaper with quant.

I also killed up to T16 Elder Guardians with it so the dmg and survivability is totally fine.

45% quant & 112% Rarity
MF Gear summary

I also had to adjust the tree a little bit and spec into the big dex nodes as I was missing dex.
Here the adjusted tree:
MF Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.1/AAAABAMAAQFvBx4NfA5IEFEQWBEPES8RUBGWFAkXLxdUGGobJRzcHRQd2SL0J6ko-ilPKwormiycLKY1uTeDOw08BT1fQ1RJUUqfS65MLUyzUlNSslMOU9RUR1XWVkhXyVgHXGtcil3yZOdmnmdxa9tsC20ZeC9713zlfll_xoCkgpuESIhCibyMNox2jYKPGo9Gj_qQ1pMnlS6XlZf0mK2boZ48nsSfAZ_foOahL6a-puunCKcrrJiu_6-btzC3MbiTvorAZsHFw23QH9DQ0eTYJNlb2t3bet-K4vfjVukC6-7siu987-vw1fRx98H31_rS

If you need service, here is my thread:
Service Thread

FAQ

Here I summed up some questions I got asked the last weeks:

Can I use a minion damage Sceptre?
Yes you can

Do I need a T1 roll on my Sceptre for Cold damage over time mutliplier?
No, you don't need it, as I cleared the endgame with a T3 roll.

Is Low life better than CI?
No, it's just another build, as you got more damage, but lower ES. In the end, both is good.

My life isn't enough for clarity and discipline on blood magic!
Check your blood magic gem lvl, it should be high, also check your tree for the 14% reduced aura reservation.

I hope you liked it.
Leave me a comment or feedback and I will try to answer it asap.

Changelog
30.12.2018 - added Shaper kill
31.12.2018 added leveling section which is still WIP, and chimera video
02.01.2019 added videos of 3 more guardians + T16 Elder guardians and an Uber Elder kill with 1 death
03.01.2019 hit 10k ES as low life and still some space at lvl 94
04.01.2019 added MF section
12.01.2019 Gear and POB update
20.01.2019 Flask update, Delve update to lvl 600 + Aul kill video at lvl 434, FAQ added
Last edited by Garfin on Jan 19, 2019, 10:33:02 PM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2019, 2:51:55 PM
Reserved
Looks cool! I just got ahold of a nicely rolled Shavs and I plan to level a character tomorrow to try the build out. Could you add a leveling section with your skill tree at various levels please? This would definitely help me out. Any other leveling tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
I just made a rare Abyssal scepter with 95% increased minion damage as its only modifier. Would you think it is feasible to multi-mod that with Cold damage over time, Damage over time, Cast speed, Trigger a socketed spell? And then use Spiritual Aid on the tree?
"
Looks cool! I just got ahold of a nicely rolled Shavs and I plan to level a character tomorrow to try the build out. Could you add a leveling section with your skill tree at various levels please? This would definitely help me out. Any other leveling tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Hi, sure maybe not today but I try my best to add an early lvling tree and some items and skills which helps.

Hope you like it :)
"
sotir1232 wrote:
I just made a rare Abyssal scepter with 95% increased minion damage as its only modifier. Would you think it is feasible to multi-mod that with Cold damage over time, Damage over time, Cast speed, Trigger a socketed spell? And then use Spiritual Aid on the tree?

Sure that should be fine.
The dmg of the minion mod is a bit lower regarding POB as the dmg over time multi, but totally viable at the end.
The build already has enough dmg.

hope you enjoy it!
arent sorcerer gloves with dense+bound fossils the best for this build? wondering if i should start crafting...
Hello i enjoy the biuld till now im 67 level . Before 62 it was nornal but i haved shitty items only tabula was good me resist was bad and still i didnt die on any boss in gane only from syndicate but part of reason was i got laggy sometimes me sugstion is find goid sceptre or wand and craft mode for casting skill fron weap whean you cast it want level 20 i did it at 59 and i get so much blast get 100. Times easier after 62 i get armor 6 link and boots since then i dont die syndicate are like white mobs for me .
Only problem for now is you need start budget and flame dash is not ne movent skill but i can live with that .
Videos added for all guardians, T16 Elder guardians and Uber Elder.
Kind of a newer player here.

Why the minion damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info