Since GGG forced lab down our throats, how about some protection from lab carries that quit or die?

Each of these attempts costs the player their time and an offering which is typically 3-4c last time I checked, I mean it's not the end of the world but it's most certainly not the player's fault for having a build that can't do lab in a game where GGG has forcibly required every single player to do content they may have no desire to do, and then when they attempt to pay a "carry" they either get scammed or the carry isn't capable of fulfilling the job they were contracted to do and the player gets no protection from this.

What about this GGG? You forced this content onto the players, the vast majority of which would love for lab to not be a thing, and we have no way of protecting ourselves from these scams.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 29, 2018, 9:06:05 PM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2019, 2:02:58 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
for having a build that can't do lab

Let's stop the BS right there :
there is NO correct build ( = something not like CI + BM, something that any good player can build without trouble ) that cannot do lab.

If you can't do lab, it's completely on you.
And if you can't be bothered to put in some effort and want to pay a carry instead, it's a risk you take, period.

PS : stop pulling random numbers out of your butt @"vast majority would love for lab to not be a thing"
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 29, 2018, 9:12:06 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Each of these attempts costs the player their time and an offering which is typically 3-4c last time I checked, I mean it's not the end of the world but it's most certainly not the player's fault for having a build that can't do lab in a game where GGG has forcibly required every single player to do content they may have no desire to do, and then when they attempt to pay a "carry" they either get scammed or the carry isn't capable of fulfilling the job they were contracted to do and the player gets no protection from this.

What about this GGG? You forced this content onto the players, the vast majority of which would love for lab to not be a thing, and we have no way of protecting ourselves from these scams.

This discussion comes up a lot. Just last week there was a thread on scams. Scams exist, and GGG does not care. The consensus is that if you get scammed it's your fault.

Don't pay until you get into the chest room. Otherwise its your fault and GGG doesn't give a flying monkey turd about you.

It's just the way it is.
I probably bought like 50 carries easily. Only uber, and only because I don't like it at all (I can stomach the rooms once in a while) and got scammed exactly zero times. Stop focusing on the negative. Sure there will always be that rotten apple, but most lab boosts are good folks who don't want to steal your offering.
The noobery is strong here.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
for having a build that can't do lab

Let's stop the BS right there :
there is NO correct build ( = something not like CI + BM, something that any good player can build without trouble ) that cannot do lab.

If you can't do lab, it's completely on you.
And if you can't be bothered to put in some effort and want to pay a carry instead, it's a risk you take, period.

PS : stop pulling random numbers out of your butt @"vast majority would love for lab to not be a thing"

Excuse yourself sir, that's a lot of really ignorant comments.

This isn't a "random number out of my butt", the evidence is overwhelming. You are simply ignorant and/or lying. Educate yourself please.
Facts:
1. lab complaint thread single largest thread in POE history
2. strawpolls have been done numerous times by several people including you yourself showing people overwhelmingly do not want to do lab, which means you are simply lying most likely

Also fact: not every build is able to do every content, if you aren't capable of understanding this simple fact then you clearly either don't play the game, you're very bad at it, or you're lying.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 29, 2018, 9:41:58 PM
You have no actual useful evidence, get real.
About the same handful of people being the majority of messages in a huge circle jerking crap thread merely means that there is something wrong with them, nothing more.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Also fact: not every build is able to do every content, if you aren't capable of understanding this simple fact then you clearly either don't play the game, you're very bad at it, or you're lying.

/rofl
You realize how I didn't mention "every content" but just lab ? Do you realize why ? lol!
What you said is about as smart and relevant as saying "not everybuild is able to kill a10 Kitava", just so that you know ... ( in the context of the labyrinth, obviously ).
Now feel free to think about how very bad you are at the game or not if your build can't kill a10 Kitava, and apply this to the lab.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

2. strawpolls have been done numerous times by several people including you yourself showing people overwhelmingly do not want to do lab, which means you are simply lying most likely

WHAT?
I made a strawpoll about lab ? what kind of new fallacy is that ? Can you show me lol ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 29, 2018, 9:57:11 PM
this is insane.

the level of self-entitlement that players have now. just... wtf.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Fruz wrote:
About the same handful of people being the majority of messages in a huge circle jerking crap thread merely means that there is something wrong with them, nothing more.

/rofl
You realize how I didn't mention "every content" but just lab ? Do you realize why ? lol!
What you said is about as smart and relevant as saying "not everybuild is able to kill a10 Kitava", just so that you know ... ( in the context of the labyrinth, obviously ).
Now feel free to think about how very bad you are at the game or not if your build can't kill a10 Kitava, and apply this to the lab.

WHAT?
I made a strawpoll about lab ? what kind of new fallacy is that ? Can you show me lol ?

1. How is the single largest thread in POE history "no actual evidence"? I don't think you understand what the word evidence means.
2. So you admit that not every build can do "every content", but then change your mind and say that every single build in POE is capable of doing uber izaro on HC. I really don't know why you're still allowed to post here with this kind of logical process
3. Yes, you did make a strawpoll, after complaining about the first strawpoll because you didn't believe people didn't like lab, then made your own strawpoll which had the same results as the first one. No, I'm not going to go look through millions of posts for it, because we both know it's there.

I really dislike your deliberate lying, sir.

"
robmafia wrote:
this is insane.

the level of self-entitlement that players have now. just... wtf.

User protections from scams = entitlement

the actual fuck is wrong with you guy
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 29, 2018, 10:06:35 PM
WOW LOL

Did you even read what I wrote ?
Did your brain conveniently hid everything that was not convenient to your agenda or something ?
lol
just lol

Everything I need to answer your silly post is in the things that you just quoted, like wtf seriously.

"
Fruz wrote:

/rofl

WHAT?

Of course you can't show it.
By the way, if you have any strawpoll with a significant-enough number of people in it so that it can have any actual meaning, by any means, show it.

But you just can't, so ...
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 29, 2018, 10:10:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info