[3.5] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Truly Excessive CWDT

You can level with winter orb + cold to fire setup, it works really fine, i made a mix between this build and ziz winter orb and its working fine so far, died once but so far its really strong lvling
Build works great, but one thing I'm wondering is. Having the Eye of Innocence equip, I will die almost instantly from the 100 dmg taken when enemies are ignited. Still trying to figure out why I keep dying almost instantly once the fire starts hitting an enemy. I also have the two rings equipped as well.

Last edited by sinner_ on Dec 30, 2018, 5:36:31 PM
You probably don't have enough Fire Resistance. The Rat Cage gives -50% Fire Resistance and 20% increased Fire damage taken.
Hey so 2 things. For leveling I just did a 6l tabula rasa with firestorm. Once you equip both rings you basically can't die. Once you get CWDT you can start using the whispering ice setup, and once you get cruel lab you can use both heralds + enfeeble. Big suggestion atleast until you get "damage taken gained as mana" is to run a sanctified mana flask (the 1050 mana flask) as it restores mana very slowly so you can spam firestorm without completely hitting max mana and the flask effect stopping.

As for the second thing, in the more "expensive" version of the build what do you think about abberath's? I used them during the vaal molten shell only build and figured they would be good for this build. I haven't tried it yet but what do you think?

It gives us that extra ignite chance you were seeking and extra fire damage.

Edit: if you were to take abberath's what would you link in it?
Last edited by TuckingFypoツ on Dec 30, 2018, 10:47:59 PM
Using Abberath's Hooves and self-casting Firestorm are mutually exclusive. If you're walking around to trigger the footstep explosions, you're not casting Firestorms, which is going to result in fewer ignites per second, and therefore less damage and healing. If I were to run Abberath's Hooves (and somehow my life and resists are high enough despite the waste of a slot), I would still put the same gems in it, because the footsteps don't do enough damage to rationalize a support gem vs. sticking my CWDT Firestorm setup in it.
Would be great if you can mention about BANDITS & PANTHEON.
Ye please add a Bandit & Pantheon tab.
Thanks.
According to POB if I just do Shaper of Desolation so I can grab Paragon of Calamity and get a 5% ignite jewel I would be at 96% ignite. Think that would be good enough?
I haven't seen anyone mention the life issue...

PoB shows ~4600 life. This will get you 1-shot by a ton of mechanics in this game... especially syndicate. Many of these mechanics aren't avoidable (syndicate).

I've got an ES build with 8200 and I get gibbed by stuff pretty frequently and it has nothing to do with how much I can leech. 1-shot is a 1-shot.

Again, not trying to say this build can't/doesn't work but really not understanding how 4600 can survive?
IGN: SoulCinder
Thanks for posting this uber build. Converted an SSF toon just to try it out. Couldn't afford a six-link so running 5 in chest and staff. Since I couldn't run Conc in the staff, I am running CWDT, Inc Dur, Ball Lightning, spark, and BV. In the chest: Hoa, Hoi, Blasph, enfeeble (want to add blind because trying to get the suggested colors has left me with too few chromes). Going to experiment with a hungry loop ring and add all of the supports to run Vaal Molten Shell in it. Have another incinerate CWDT toon and have been able to sustain health with hungry-loop (which frees up the helmet slot). Might try 'paragon of calamity' with shaper/elder life-leech boots (instead of Beacon of Ruin) if health is a problem. No math here so please forgive my fiddling around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info