Betrayal league ( My Review)

"
metfansc wrote:
Overall for me this is my favorite league, but oddly enough one of my least favorite league mechanics. I really dislike the implementation of the Syndicate itself, but I love the veiled mods, I love everything else that went standard this league and I am having a ton of fun this league.

My problems with the syndicate are:

1. My biggest problem is simply that it is auto-engaged. Intervention, Transportation even Fort are all automatically engaged. Research you go down into a separate zone but it has its own problems. They really should be triggered by hitting something so you can do them when not surrounded by all the other various things.

2. The mobs should 100% despawn once you kill the masters, having to clean up no XP/no loot mobs for 5 minutes so I can actually talk to the people is annoying and a waste of time. Should work like the old Elreon missions automatically despawn when the timer runs out.

3. The research encounters are great at lower levels, but at higher levels where you have to keep 5 of 6 research alive is just simply impossible when you have more than a member or two in the research, once they spawn their AoEs will knock out a could research things during your fight unless you insta-gib them (which my build comes close to doing and still I can only succeed 50% of the 3 or 4 member missions)

I hope like beastiary this gets some rework when it gets integrated into standard. However, I do LOVE veiled mods they are a great addition and a really fun mechanic. Scarabs are pretty meh but the veiled mods are awesome.

Wrt #2 I've died plenty to engaging the mechanic before the adds have been taken care of. At this point I'm well trained to just clear out the adds before talking to the syndicate.

Wrt #3 You do hit a wall at higher levels but this is just like Incursion where you need to be fast. I've gotten used to just rushing to the final room which usually works.
I believe all of your complaints are valid I still overall love Betrayal and will continue to play it.

I also believe autoengaging kinda stinks and would never do this on hardcore im lvl I think 92 and I stop caring about lvling up I will lvl up rest of the way after the league. Right now im just messing around and doing the betrayal part.
"
themightypuck wrote:

Wrt #2 I've died plenty to engaging the mechanic before the adds have been taken care of. At this point I'm well trained to just clear out the adds before talking to the syndicate.

Wrt #3 You do hit a wall at higher levels but this is just like Incursion where you need to be fast. I've gotten used to just rushing to the final room which usually works.

#2 I know and I do as well, but it is an annoying mechanic to have to clear piles of mobs that give no xp/loot after the engagement is over and slows everything down. Of coruse with the B patch this is largely gone and much less annoying

#3 it isn't about being fast, I am plenty fast, it is that if you have to be perfect and you have 4 syndicate members that can kill the things with a one shot aoe, there isn't a fast enough. The T14-16 Researches are far too hard to complete if your research is full especially if they are leveled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info