Zana Shaped Mod not progressing atlas

shaped mod doesnt upgrade map tier. just sometimes.
"
Zana Shaped Mod not progressing atlas

This was a side effect of fixing an exploit where using the Zana Shaped mod on a map would not remove the Shaper/Elder influence. The new behaviour is that if a map has a different tier than that on your Atlas, it will not have influence (and hence won't progress Shaper/Elder influence).

For example, If you have a Shaped Shore on your Atlas that is Shaper influenced, running a normal Shore map or an Elder Shore map will not have Shaper influence, only a Shaped Shore will.

I understand that this change may have had unintended consequences. I'll bring it up with the team to verify whether this is intended or not.
Last edited by AndrewE_GGG on Jan 2, 2019, 10:16:14 PM
Posting in here so I can find it again.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
New behavior is indeed intended. Sorry this wasn't effectively communicated to players at the time of the change.
This removes the ability for players to get memory fragments using the strategy of vendoring 3 shaped maps for one of then next tier and running it under elder influence. This means that it is incredibly difficult to progress your atlas and complete Zana's questline as a solo self found character. This is really unfortunate..
As someone who started the league later than most, not being able to get memory fragments from shaped maps is making it SIGNIFICANTLY harder to finish the Zana questline. This is making it incredibly tedious and time consuming just because I didn't start the league earlier.
"
AndrewE_GGG wrote:
New behavior is indeed intended. Sorry this wasn't effectively communicated to players at the time of the change.

I gotta say this makes spreading influence a bit less enjoyable. I wanted to run the map at tier 10, not tier 5, but I'm forced to run the lower tier even though I could pay for it to be improved... or I run the maps as influence is dictating and suddenly I'm locked out of using 1/3rd of the Zana mod options. Also it means if Elder influence has been spreading around out in the outer ring I have to run a bunch of maps at low tiers just to clear it out so that I can hope it re-spawns on red maps.

edit: also it reduced the value of Shaped and Elder maps that are different from the ones you specifically chose to upgrade from the Elder questline.
Last edited by robodrew on Jan 2, 2019, 10:28:13 PM
+1 This really blows.
IGN: Chumbah (Warbands)
Throwing my hat into saying that this change is pretty crappy. I know the game isn't balanced around SSF, but damn does this hurt the SSF Atlas a lot.
This really hurts SSF shaping strategies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info