[3.5] Wretched Orb (Insane duration Winter orb) Shaper, Uber elder, end game

Thanks again for the build. Was a real joy to run it. I went all the way up to lvl100 and at the very end decided to glass cannon a bit with dual void batteries. I think more deeps can be reached if you use conversion to chaos but I didn't try. Here's my final gear at lvl100

"
_Eddd wrote:
"
_Eddd wrote:
UNDERRATED BUILD AND CREATOR

Guys, no joke, I really don't know how this genius came up with this build but it's insane. Just killed Uber Elder and all PoE content with it. Indeed, you gotta invest a little and have some brains. I've put ~10 ex into it and it rocks! Just give it a try before it gets nerfed. Linked items below, I personalised the tree because I had no good jewels/too trash or too overpriced to buy.

Big props to @DreamScythe for this magnificent build.

Also PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/cnGZh5px

P.S: I would like to hear some tips for improvements for wands.

Updated items:

POB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/LBLpx6SS

I've been playing this build all the league. I'm 100% sure it will get nerfed.

After some math because of the WO nerf, it's like we lost +3 levels of the gem (Fine tuned gear). Not bad, still very strong.
Last edited by _Eddd on Mar 9, 2019, 10:14:41 PM
Thoughts about finding a way to get the new Chest into the build?

Opens the boot slot and gives another 50% more multiplier on top of crit "immunity".

Edit: Nevermind, has curse immunity :D
Last edited by cybertier on Mar 8, 2019, 2:59:36 AM
hi, thank you for sharing your build. i'm really interested in playing this in 3.6. However your passive tree pastebins seem to be broken. Can you please update them? Tysm!
Hope this gets updated for 3.6, looks fun to play. also is it viable to go CI instead of life due to the updates with energy shield leeching.
how much dps is blade vortex w/o any links? wonder if its worth it
prob not worth to run bv by itself
tbh only reason i'm running it is to proc the curse on hit effect, but i'm thinking of swapping with another skill since you have to be in real close range sometimes to proc the curse
i really need the watcher's eye because the vulnerability is literally killing me

on another note, can someone explain why malachai's ring is used here?
Last edited by poe_shniggies on Mar 12, 2019, 7:31:38 AM
Thanks for the guide, I'm trying this

My early thoughts @lvl 72. NOTE I'm broke, and low level
It's been a bit of a pain without key items?

Pro:
+ cool idea. cool synergy mechanics, try something unique
+ winter orb hits hard, can clear fast

Con:
- mediocre league starter: key items belt/watcher eye and helm with enchant costs a couple ex
- slow mover... until you get costly belt/watcher eye or helm to make phase run efficient to sustain. Even then, you won't be moving as fast as many other builds
- not straight forward, TriHard play style. Easier with key items, but still... 4 abilities or more to handle
Keep Winter Orb max charge
Keep active Phase Run and Blade Vortex/temp chain
Sometimes Vaal Rf and make sure you don't die doing it
- fragile: low HP, evasion/armour, no MoM.
Made even worse when you have to run close to enemies to apply Temp Chain via Blade Vortex. Can get 1 shot while trying to do that
Last edited by Zephrix on Mar 13, 2019, 4:10:04 AM
Is there gonna be update for 3.6 or everything is still viable and same ?
Totally Works! I'm excited man! Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info