0.9.7b Patch Notes

"
Greenmind wrote:
I'm not sure you understand how software testing works.

I'm not sure you do.

The original "complaint" was that a bad spec gets oneshot in Chaos and is basically unplayable. That person has helpfully tested a bad spec in Chaos, and the result of that test is that it's really bad, don't do that.

I submit that is a valid thing to test and provides valuable feedback. We now all know that you must take care in your builds and gear if you hope to survive in Chaos.
"
superf1y wrote:
I feel that is worthwhile to test the culmination of the build, not the process to get there. The ability to respec will speed up the process, I think starting from square one every time becomes burdensome on the testers themselves. The grinding and leveling will come with experience. Any one who has played any kind of action-RPG can make these kind of growth decisions without having to test them fully.

Chaos is very hard to test final builds but it is our only milestone. I have seen that people say it will be gone and we should not use that to test characters but that is our only method at this point. I intend to spend far more time end game than getting to end game.

Everyone is free to test whatever portion of the game appeals to them the most, whether that be endgame or progressing through the difficulties to get there. To suggest leveling up is burdensome makes me think you forget you're here by invite. Have a look at the General Discussion forum - there are craploads of people wanting to get into the beta. I for one repay GGG for giving me a key in the first place by playing as much of the game as I can, even if that means repeating old content.

Enough changed in 0.9.7 to make another playthrough worthwhile anyway. I want to see the new skills mobs got, new music, and to see how the difficulty ramps up. Once I gib my ranger in Chaos tonight, I'll start fresh.
i can feel bit balance now from 0.9.7. not ranger was getting stronger coz mur and witch were balanced to be bit weaker than before.
Default Leagure: FuryLan
Note:
1, Exalted = 2Divine = 8GCP
2, GCP = 3.5Chaos = 12Fusing
3, Chaos = 3.5Fusing = 2Alch/Scouring = 10Jeweler/Chromatic = 20Alternation
"
superf1y wrote:

I feel that is worthwhile to test the culmination of the build, not the process to get there. The ability to respec will speed up the process, I think starting from square one every time becomes burdensome on the testers themselves. The grinding and leveling will come with experience. Any one who has played any kind of action-RPG can make these kind of growth decisions without having to test them fully.

Chaos is very hard to test final builds but it is our only milestone. I have seen that people say it will be gone and we should not use that to test characters but that is our only method at this point. I intend to spend far more time end game than getting to end game.

I kinda see where you are coming from, but it sounds more like you just want a way to quickly test every build possibility to find the best cutter for the cookie, and this is not the purpose of a beta test.
Let's keep the discussion here related to the patch notes. If you want to continue this discussion then feel free to join one of the existing threads on the topic or start your own.
Forum Sheriff
Also, regarding people who have complained that they want another respec - it's likely that 0.9.7d (not c) will contain tree changes that refund the tree again.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
unsmith wrote:
"
Greenmind wrote:
I'm not sure you understand how software testing works.

I'm not sure you do.

The original "complaint" was that a bad spec gets oneshot in Chaos and is basically unplayable. That person has helpfully tested a bad spec in Chaos, and the result of that test is that it's really bad, don't do that.

I submit that is a valid thing to test and provides valuable feedback. We now all know that you must take care in your builds and gear if you hope to survive in Chaos.

We've known that you have to plan your gear and spec for months. That's not something that needs to be tested repeatedly. It's a fact, time to move on.

The purpose of testing in a beta is to try as many possible builds/gear/etc as possible. We're here to test it for the developers, not ourselves. Who cares what we learn as players? That's not why we're here. I don't think GGG wants us to play this game because they want us to figure out how to be better players when it's finally released. They let us into beta to find bugs, figure out what is too weak, too strong, and well balanced.

My point was that in the given method of testing you basically have one chance to get your spec right. If I spec my Marauder into an experimental spec and it stinks so bad it doesn't function, then that character is pretty much disabled and unable to test anything else in the game. It's a dead end until the next reset.

My only options are to grind through the difficulties with a second character, and try and figure out what to do... I've done this once and don't care to do it again. A respec on call or at least optional weekly respec would remove this. Or orbs of regret can be made more common...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info