0.9.7b Patch Notes

Version 0.9.7b
Balance:
  • Elemental skeletons and caster skeletons now resist their appropriate elements.
  • Lightning arrow now explodes when hitting terrain as well as monsters.
  • Cleave now averages the attack speed of your two weapons if you are dual wielding.
  • Removed the 1% pierce chance from Puncture.
  • Reduced the mana cost of level 1 Cleave.
  • Increased the damage of level 1 Freezing Pulse.
  • Increased the damage of Fireball at higher levels.

Bug Fixes:
  • Enhanced blocking on shields will now modify the shield's value properly (and make it blue).
  • Fixed the Fairgraves quest so that you don't have to fetch the Allflame again if you've already given it to him.
  • Set Maelstrom of Chaos areas to have the correct levels again (all 60).
  • Increased projectile speed now affects arrows properly.
  • Tempest Shield's mana reservation now works properly.
  • Fixed a client crash related to the Blood Magic support gem.
  • Fixed a bug where Necromantic Aegis was not working properly in 0.9.7a.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Way to go, GGG!
Joined the ship at Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 1:15 PM.

Exiled on Wraeclast since Friday, October 28, 2011 at 6:06 AM.

Quoted from PoE - About: "Path of Exile immerses the player in a gritty and realistic art style that goes against the current industry trend of cartoony RPGs. ". NUFF SAID.
Lightning casting is pretty weak
"
Chris wrote:

Cleave now averages the attack speed of your two weapons if you are dual wielding.

One of my favorite parts of 097 to be honest! For instance, using an increased attack speed weapon and a slow increased physical damage weapon with cleave BEFORE was straight broken; way too powerful. This is much more logical. Great job with the updates GGG
Feedback from glancing at the tree:

My crit multiplier fire witch was nerfed heavily, and the only survivability gain is 10% hp. How exactly is it supposed to be easier to build for survivability now? None of the primary defense nodes around Arcane Focus were buffed or made easier to access. The energy shield delay nodes are still far away.

I also fail to see how I can improve my rangers defense with her same basic build, but she took a few minor nerfs to crit damage as well, although with her low intrinsic crit rate they were barely worth it to begin with.
Did you forget to remove the +5% wand damage per power charge passive ?
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
I'll stop playing the beta because you make such huge changes from patch to patch, it isnt fun to play. today a character is OP, a day after it is nerfed to the dead.

I'll take a look at poe if it is released, hopefully there will be more fun than yet.

░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
"
bersi23 wrote:
I'll stop playing the beta because you make such huge changes from patch to patch, it isnt fun to play. today a character is OP, a day after it is nerfed to the dead.

I'll take a look at poe if it is released, hopefully there will be more fun than yet.

Don't do it bro, It's beta just work on the build and get new stuff with sick % es, armor adapt to changes man game is lot better now. It's harder But why you only want to play chaos runs with 5 leechs anyway -_- Get real pls this needed a fix game was too easy.
"
Increased projectile speed now affects arrows properly.

Yes!
Feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xorjt
GGG_FanBoy_101
Some additional respecs would be nice, given these severe changes. If I screw up or find my build doesn't really work, there's no way I'm going to go through the level 1-75 grind or wait for another full respec again.

It's difficult to test this because a bad spec basically makes your character unplayable, more so now that chaos is 1 hit death to almost any class.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info