[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

"
Omikurita wrote:
"
Freredacier wrote:
@Omikurita

You should follow the author pastebin.
For instance, you took 5 crit chance crit/damage nodes (top right) but you use elemental overload (=no crit multi) : you just wasted 5 skill points.
You should respec these and some other nodes (the jewel socket, top left, 4 skill points) and go for phase acrobatics : huge defensive boost !
Get Quick Recovery and Inspiration.
Here is the author skill tree @lvl 82.

Stuff :
- Your chest has controlled destruction twice, get a concentrated effect instead. An 80% res loreweave would be better.
- Get 70+ life on every piece of gear, cap your res but don't overcap too much (you have 120 extra fire res and 145 extra lightning res : pointless). I would change weapon > boots (more life) (> amulet (%leech)) as soon as possible. The boots you linked previously are fine !
- extra mana on gear is a bonus

Appreciate the feedback Freredacier..
i went back and checked on every point you mentioned. it has been night and day and i have been non-stop playing. I may be running into a bit of a wall now that i reached Pit of Chimera Map getting spanked by the end boss.

Spoiler

thank you again for your feedback

With your current stuff, endgame shouldn't be a problem. You can swap Ice Bite for Added cold against bosses. You just need to learn fights !
Got pretty lucky yesterday and double corrupted my gloves with elemental weakness on hit, saving me two gem slots (-Curse on Hit and -Elem Weakness):

But now I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use those extra gem slots gained in my boots. I think my best options are:

1) 4-link Shield Charge
2) 3-link Herald of Thunder (without increasing mana reservation)
3) Run a 2nd CWDT gem with Molten Armour/Golem/or any other spell

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Last edited by LegendaryMewtwo on Jan 21, 2019, 8:32:36 AM
"
karlsk7 wrote:

This is unoptimized gear? Yikes, your gear looks about as good as the person who made the guide

Ha, I guess it isn't too bad really! The belt, helm and gloves crafts were fairly lucky, so doesn't feel like I've put that much into it. I guess I am looking at some marginal return on investment for any upgrades, apart from the amulet maybe.

Hey playing your build kinda brought me back to the game.
However, I cannot get my head around the shield charge setup with multiple totems, could someone elaborate how this is intended to work, im feeling very stupid already.
Thx in advance

Build is a charm ♪♫
Multiple totem is just here to support decoy totem (boots mod). It doesn't even has to be linked with anything to work actually.

how far can you guys push stormbrand dps wise? pob giving me 200k dps......is this for one brand?
Why are we using Shield charge and flame dash? Do we have to? Or?
Flame dash is great to go through doors/fences/cliffs.
Last edited by Freredacier on Jan 21, 2019, 4:16:31 PM
"
Freredacier wrote:
Flame dash is great to go through doors/fences/cliffs.

Ah, gotcha. Ty.

And what about Arcane Surge and Brand Recall? On this guide, it says nothing about what level they should be. BUT in PoB, Brand recall is set to lvl 7 and Arcane Surge is set to lvl 4?

Which one to follow?
You want your brand recall to be as high as possible.

Our shield + empower lvl 3 gives us +6 to brand recall. The gem max lvl is 7 (6 regular, +1 with corruption).
So we have a lvl 7+6 brand recall, mana cost is 29 (22 + 1.25 multiplier from empower).

Arcane surge can't be too high lvl because it increases the mana required.
We have +2 arcane surge aswell. Your arcane surge gem should be lvl 4 because a level 4+2 arcane surge requires 26 mana spent to be enabled (lvl 5+2 requires 30).

With this setup, everytime you use brand recall (29 mana spent), you get the arcane surge buff !
Last edited by Freredacier on Jan 21, 2019, 7:29:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info