[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

Looking to swap my basic ED build to this.

How important are the triple purity?

I only have 5ex and have the core items with the exception of the watcher's eye.

Contemplating on whether or not to get the watcher's eye and have some rare equips to make up for resists.

Or running triple purity and buying leveled up enlighten support.

Also not sure whether it's worth crafting the t1 of faster recharge on rings since it's an ex per ring. It's possible to hit 100% faster recharge with 17% from each ring and 35% watcher's eye.

I guess it wouldn't be much to think about if I had the currency to spare hehehe.

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Sojournerx wrote:
Hi Cyrix!
First of all, thanks for this in-depth guide, very usefull information.
Can I ask you to add some lvling tips - i know that's a noob question, but it's difficult to play ES right from the start (only 1.1k ES on lvl 47).

Well, leveling is kinda always the same for casters?

<snap>

Blah. Wall of text. ^^'

Thanks for the in-depth answer. Was going to ask many of the questions you answered there!

Are gems in your first post final/optimal or is there a way to optimise them?

I'm trying out your build - wanted to play occultist, stumbled upon Queen of Chaos, but was mighty confused by the description and found your take in the comments.. so long story short, I settled upon your build (if nothing else, the description alone is coherent and is a seller!) But that's pretty much my first character(s) (leveling a couple simultaniously). I'm at level 30 and kinda struggling. Is it reasonable to try and 'train' correct play with contagion/ED right now or because some gems are higher level, it won't work?
"
MVALLES wrote:
Looking to swap my basic ED build to this.

How important are the triple purity?

I only have 5ex and have the core items with the exception of the watcher's eye.

Contemplating on whether or not to get the watcher's eye and have some rare equips to make up for resists.

Or running triple purity and buying leveled up enlighten support.

Also not sure whether it's worth crafting the t1 of faster recharge on rings since it's an ex per ring. It's possible to hit 100% faster recharge with 17% from each ring and 35% watcher's eye.

I guess it wouldn't be much to think about if I had the currency to spare hehehe.

Hey!

First off: You do not need lv4 enlightens to run the Puritys. Lv3 ones are totally fine.

Tripple Purity is not all that important? You can run Arctic Armor, Purity of Elements and a Spider Aspect instead if you prefer. I personally found that in the EndGame survivability is more important then a bit more damage - and the purities are really really good in delves and stuff.

Comes down to personal preference I guess.
Absolutely interesting thread and well explained, however, it is difficult do this build as League starter, I have 2 ex and 49 chaos and my equip is a little bit sad, can you help me the transition from League Starter to LL, thanks.

and other question:
1) looking at your vids, seems like you use blight a lot, probably i do not understand why, but why? Isn't it low damage?

2) Why you are not using the wither + spell totem to increased your damage?

3) Can be good follow your build/Equip for the CI and when i have the Shav change to LL?

4) i found a 2 ex Shav 5 link, can be good for start a LL even without empower support?

5) Do i need to follow the pob link or the guide? Because some gems are diffent so idk, probably i prefer the pob, but wanna ask before do something wrong

"After using poe wiki and pob, i probably understand why you do not use wither + spell totem, is it because the new talent Withering Presence help us of do not use that skill?"

Probably these are noob question, but i need help to understand the build sorry

Thanks in advance,
Sorry for bothered you.

Equip

Edit: added the third,fourth and fifth question
Edit(2): added the "..." paragraph
Last edited by Degerinma on Dec 18, 2018, 12:35:48 PM
"
Degerinma wrote:
Absolutely interesting thread and well explained, however, it is difficult do this build as League starter, I have 2 ex and 49 chaos and my equip is a little bit sad, can you help me the transition from League Starter to LL, thanks.

and other question:
1) looking at your vids, seems like you use blight a lot, probably i do not understand why, but why? Isn't it low damage?

2) Why you are not using the wither + spell totem to increased your damage?

3) Can be good follow your build/Equip for the CI and when i have the Shav change to LL?

4) i found a 2 ex Shav 5 link, can be good for start a LL even without empower support?

5) Do i need to follow the pob link or the guide? Because some gems are diffent so idk, probably i prefer the pob, but wanna ask before do something wrong

"After using poe wiki and pob, i probably understand why you do not use wither + spell totem, is it because the new talent Withering Presence help us of do not use that skill?"

Probably these are noob question, but i need help to understand the build sorry

Thanks in advance,
Sorry for bothered you.

Equip

Edit: added the third,fourth and fifth question
Edit(2): added the "..." paragraph

1. First off: Blight deals a lot of damage. If you look in PoB it does not seem like it does - but it can stack up to 20 times(!) on a mob. With our castspeed we get about 15 stacks of it up. The ShaperDot DPS of Blight *per Stack* is 20223.6 (according to PoB). Multiply that by 15 and you get roughly 300k ShaperDot DPS from it.

Second thing: Everytime we debuff someone with Blight they take 50% more chaos damage from all sources - this includes blight itself, contagion and essence drain.

2. We get wither from our Asendancy automatically without needing to do anything on all mobs on the screen. Its super-duper neat.

3. Sure you can play it CI first? If your next question is how to do that and how to level I just gonna nope out though. ^^' There are like a bazillion levelguides out there, especially for ED+Contagion. Its a really old-school skill and I said what I had to said about leveling a few post prior already.

4. Yeah, 5 link is fine to start out with. You can do run shaper and stuff with it - but ultimatly you really would want that 6 link.

5. Which gems are different? There are non differnt afaik. But in general you should always follow the PoB.

Last but not least: If you are new to the game this is no build for you, honestly. Play something else? This is not beginner friendly. It is expensive and requires knowledge of the game.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Dec 18, 2018, 12:49:19 PM
Cyrix1337 sorry for the double post but I think you might have missed my post. How important is the double duration on the chest? Without it the dps goes down by 100k?
"
ZekeAsakura wrote:
Cyrix1337 sorry for the double post but I think you might have missed my post. How important is the double duration on the chest? Without it the dps goes down by 100k?

Oh! My bad! I really did miss you.

It helps! But it isn't superneeded. ED in general is more a control/deliberate playstyle. Damage is not all that important for us. Having it is still nice though, obviously!

Just for comparisons sake: An ED build before the 3.5 changes that could deal more then 150k Shaper DPS was one with Mirror Gear.

Now after the buffs and without a corrupted shavs you easily get 300k Shaper DPS. So it is very much viable without any sort of corruption.
Added another Video to the Guide:

Its a deathless UberElder:

Tier 17++: UberElder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7gIpBgM4Aw

Deathless UElder. Does not really need any other comment.
Lol at that last minute dodge in the video. Alright, thanks for your reply. I think I will go ahead with this build :).
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
Added another Video to the Guide:

Its a deathless UberElder:

Tier 17++: UberElder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7gIpBgM4Aw

Deathless UElder. Does not really need any other comment.

Wow, well done! Definitely going to try this at some point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info