[3.5] Crit Winter Orb Assassin [All Contents][Uber Elder Deathless]

"
phocas99 wrote:
"
bvgftr wrote:
"
phocas99 wrote:
Stupid question I am sure, but if we can't find a +2 loreweave, a Shadowstitch +2 is (much?) better?

The value of +2 loreweave is much higher & expensive.

Awesome info!

What +2 (or +1) works with our setup? "Projectile gems" and what others?

AoE or Duration or Projectile

Awesome! Sitting on some currency, now i need to research how to change sockets on corrupted chest in 3.5.

Appreciate your guide!
I think it's a little bizarre you still don't mention dying sun in this build guide at all- it is the #1 flask for this build- the two projectiles that it adds alone are literally a 40% damage multiplier- as you're going from 5 to 7 projectiles. Not including +2 winter orb stage as well is a little misleading- 30% projectile frequency is nothing to balk at when it comes to dps- the upgrade is well worth it so long as you have the funds. Saying "it's not cost effective" is completely contextual- sure it may not be worth it to spend 5+ ex on a helm for someone who has bigger upgrades they could make for less currency, but for some players that helm enchant may actually be the most cost effecitve way for them to squeeze more dps out of the build.

In short, I think the best build guides out there include multiple gearing options slots and options for multiple budgets- at the end of the day each gearing choice is about opportunity cost- what do I gain vs. what do I lose by making once choice vs. another. For example- there are many viable choices when it comes to chest- carcass jack for damage/aoe, shadowstich/tabula for a budget +2, loreweave/belly of the beast for defenses, you get the point.

What you've presented here is a good start- and a lot of things are done correctly, but it bothers me when people don't flesh out a build guide and the guide actually ends up misleading newer players.
Question for you mcnealstash.

Have you done uber elder and how do you experience that with lower dps than the build guide? Curious since the build in itself is quite squishy and I would like to push 100 t his league. How is the surv of your current setup? Saw from pob that you got around 1k more hp.

Last edited by ledbanger on Dec 26, 2018, 6:46:22 PM
Can anyone explain a little bit more about leveling to a complete noob? I came over from D3 and tried the Electric Trap build which was actually a breeze to level, but I grew tired of the playstyle.

I'm now leveling this build using Freeing Pulse, and I am having much more trouble than I did with my trap build. Is that normal early on in this build? What other skills should I be using?

I appreciate any and all advice :)
Has anyone tried farrul's fur yet? seems that charging up during the cast speed increase buff, and then running through mobs with increased crit chance, phasing, and 15% chance to nullify damage would be pretty good.
NEWB QUESTION:

What is it about the Shadowswitch which makes it so good?

Is it the life/ED gain on Kills (for mapping? Surely it isn't great vs bossing)

Is it just because its a cheaper alternative with some life?

- - -

Because we have other options with +2 and more life/stats/res its just to get that life gain on kill part.
hallo one dumb question from me

Phase Run - Arcane Surge - Increased Duration

must bee GBR or is RGB ok to ??
"
ledbanger wrote:
Question for you mcnealstash.

Have you done uber elder and how do you experience that with lower dps than the build guide? Curious since the build in itself is quite squishy and I would like to push 100 t his league. How is the surv of your current setup? Saw from pob that you got around 1k more hp.

Yes- I've done all content on the build- it is more than doable. That being said- my gear is pretty close and maybe more DPS compared to to OP's because of dying sun and +2 helm- I also have really good jewels for the most part- most are at least t2 life, crit multi, and t1 flat cold. These jewels were originally pretty cheap when I got them but are getting much more expensive as the build becomes more popular. Expect to pay at least an exalt for something similar now.

This league is all about having high dps and survivability- I'm delving into the 300s now where the mobs can really hit hard, and T16 syndicate can be really sketchy still with bad map modifiers (I got 1 shot yesterday from 6k hp and 700 ES yesterday). +2 chest is only about a 20% dps upgrade for me- so I'm just going to keep using the loreweave and corrupt mine if I get a t3 corruption chamber. Having some defensive layering built into your character is really key this league- lorewave's 80% res, high life total, solid regen and a little leech are helping me gain levels quite quickly on this character and avoid deaths for the most part. I'm already halfway through level 94 and have been on this toon for about a week now.

Another option would be to go occultist for a high ES build- I think 10k + ES is feasible and occultist is a pretty solid class to push the damage of winter orb.
Last edited by mcnealstash on Dec 27, 2018, 11:11:27 AM
Feel like i lack some dmg, can you check out my gear? my hideout tooltip dps is only 11.7k
IGN: madssvin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info