Purity

"
Whoaness wrote:
Anyone know what's the max resist at level 24?
3% res from lv 22 and above, based on reports.
max buff boost totals is 1+ 0.78 [aura effect] + 0.24 [buff effect on self] = 2.02 multiplier. so...
6.06% +max res... sadly people using RF can't use that 24% portion, so... 5.34% +max res
Is there a bug with Purity? My Scion has the two reduced mana reservation nodes and the sovereignty node over in the top left corner of the passive tree which amounts to a 16% reduction in mana reservation (4%+4%+8%).

When I use purity it is only reducing the cost by 8%. On my other aura, Wrath, it is doing the full 16% reduction (and more with a reduced mana support gem). Is there a hidden cap to the amount you can reduce the reservation costs by?
Unlimited Blade Works - Illya (Animate Weapon Ranger)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1063521
It's not a substraction, but a multiplier. 1 - 0.16 = 0.84, so multiply the base Reservation (40%) by 0.84 to get the new Reservation.
40 * 0.84 = 33.6%
For Wrath:
60 * 0.84 = 50.4%

The Reduced Mana support gem applies multiplicatively.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:
max buff boost totals is 1+ 0.78 [aura effect] + 0.24 [buff effect on self] = 2.02 multiplier. so...
6.06% +max res... sadly people using RF can't use that 24% portion, so... 5.34% +max res

Man, purity is quite garbage then. Really surprised when the wiki finally updated and saw how nerfed it was.

3% going to 5% with 70% increased buff aura is pointless. I might as well cap resists through equipment and run another aura.
"
Whoaness wrote:
Man, purity is quite garbage then. Really surprised when the wiki finally updated and saw how nerfed it was.

3% going to 5% with 70% increased buff aura is pointless. I might as well cap resists through equipment and run another aura.
i don't know... if i was RF, i'd still use purity even with just 42% aura boost or similar because it'll also affect vitality so its "almost" double dipping when it comes to calculating rf maintainability.

otherwise yes, i don't think i'd use purity. however, its pretty funny to remove merciless' res penalty via the normal part of purity via the aura effect nodes =p, gives massive freedom with armor mods. but i suppose similar could be done with the res nodes on grid itself...
So now that this aura has been split into three different auras, can we have a vendor recepe to trade in the old "purity of elements" aura for one of the new ones, while retaining the same level?

IE:

Level X Purity of Elements + Any Strength Support Gem = Level X Purity of Fire

Thoughts?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:

Shouldn't there were 2 steps in calculation?

1) Someone cast aura with increased effect, which gives buff to everyone in its radius

2) If someone under aura effect have inner force, then aura effect is increased again

Why this is important?
Because of possible rounding (up or down) at step 1.

4max resist from lvl 20 aura

with 38 increased aura effect (influence cluster + sovereignty node):
4*1.38 = 5.52

Will aura in this case grant 5% to max resist, 5.52% or 6%?

And after IF calculation (buff*1.21): 6 (if resist values are rounded down), 6.6792 (if resist value can be float) or 7 (if resist values are rounded to nearest integer)
Last edited by alt0172 on Nov 28, 2013, 9:35:15 AM
i've been back and forth on that, that i just settled for the lesser benefit for mathing builds out. it might actually be separate like you say because of order of things happening.
IF has always rounded down; I doubt Increased Effect works different from that.
They're additive btw. Both apply to the Buff applied by the Aura (the effect if you will :P ), not the Aura itself.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 28, 2013, 6:24:08 PM
Pretty sure resist values cannot float and round down!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info