General Gem Discussion

Can we get some Shock Nova love? Currently Shock Nova feel super awkward and weak, compared to the many other spells which can do both aoe and single target really well.

I feel the Ring mechanic is a big hassle with very little reward. Again, compared to other spells which require less but does more.

I would also like to see a Support gem or Jewel, that would give Shock Nova an Unique interaction.
Last edited by Midgaard12 on Sep 24, 2018, 10:04:47 PM
"
Midgaard12 wrote:
"
PHRandom wrote:
What we have for Chaos Damage boost Aura? And what we have for Physical Damage boost Aura?
I know Herald of Agony and Herald of Purity does the job for Heralds, but how about for Auras that benefit other players too?

As for Chaos Damage Aura we got "Envy" but it is currently only found on Elder Amulets & the Unique 1h Sword "United in Dream".

I would like it to become a accessible Skill Gem too but I realise how strong it is and could cause balance issues.

Understood. At least i know i'm not alone on it.
I wish Frost Wall was consistent about what minions it blocks. Player summoned Golems are prevented from crossing but player Zombies and Skeletons can just walk through no matter what.
Last edited by Moerlin on Oct 8, 2018, 3:27:43 AM
"
Midgaard12 wrote:
Can we get some Shock Nova love? Currently Shock Nova feel super awkward and weak, compared to the many other spells which can do both aoe and single target really well.

I feel the Ring mechanic is a big hassle with very little reward. Again, compared to other spells which require less but does more.

I would also like to see a Support gem or Jewel, that would give Shock Nova an Unique interaction.

Agree, placement of a single target on the ring is very awkard.
I think it should be combined with the Spell cascade support to generate a wave of rings.
Or make dedicated Threshold jewels to add more rings.
Can you make Vaal Breach drop in Vaal areas like other Vaal gems?
Making some stupidly hipster Freezing Pulse-based build in Path of Building and I noticed that allocating Point Blank doesn't do anything, and the effect text sounds the exact same as Freezing Pulses mechanic.

Does FP have PB built in? And if it does...why isn't it noted in the skill's description?
FP isn't an attack.
PB affects attacks only
Since there is no Thread for Winter Orb yet I'll post my feedback here.

I have to say I am left unimpressed with this skill. It has a very low damage to make up for shotgunning, but I believe the target number that was shot for was way too low for it to work. The damage values are not enough for a quick and efficient map clear. The orb doesn't knows how to target, often attacking the enemy that matters the least and the boss killing potential seems to be pretty low as well despite the shotgunning potential.

After having tested it I just do not see a point in using this over freeze pulse because freeze pulse is a really fast cast, it moves really fast, hits really hard which is great for freezing and chilling and it clears really well and bosses really well. Let's add that unlike winter orb, freezing pulse doesn't needs a GMP to work at all since it has the threeshold jewels.

More over the moment you put it in totems the problems only increase. For starters the skill doesn't even behaves in a sensible way. If you look at skills like fire blast it just starts channeling and will keep on going even after hitting max stages until the totem expires. With winter orb it only channels if there are enemies within attack range. Worse yet, when put on a totem as soon as there is no nearby enemy the orb doesn't simply starts to decay overtime, it just goes away immediately, entirely bypassing one of it's supposed balancing mechanics.

All in all it's a terrible skill. It need a massive boost to damage to make it viable and it needs it's totem mechanics re-adjusted.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Winter Orb has an odd balancing. On its own, without any other supports, it is a god awful skill. It requires GMP to have decent scaling and decent clear. This is similar to storm burst and ice-spear. However, in a game balanced around link sparsity, loosing a link from the start does not fly.

The result is bad scaling compared to skills like Arc, which are designed to be good on their own, all you need is scale their damage.

Compared to BV, which is not channeling but has a similar stage mechanic, WO just loses in all comparisons. The damage scales less and the duration is very short, requiring you to get to high stacks to have a decent duration. BV in comparison has a duration independent of the number of stacks, it hits more often with 1 stack and adding stacks scales frequency better and of top of it, it scales damage.

It would have been nicer to balance WO in a way that it would have been good without gmp, and adding gmp would be a trade-off between clear and damage. I.e. lower base damage and add more projectiles to the base spell.
Hi!

There was no thread for Shattering Steel at the time so im posting here.

I think that Shattering steel should activate it's second form after a set duration rather than distance.

Incresed Projectile Speed have no effect on how far the projectiles of Shattering Steel travels, Faster Projectiles Support does link but only increases the damage and not the projectile distance, im not sure about the actual speed, but for consistency with other skills I think that projectile speed should increase the distance of both the primary and secondary projectiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info