Dread Banner

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 14, 2020, 11:59:05 AM
Enjoying its use so far. Doing a Champion Summoner. My main issues with this and War Banner is the placement. I feel like it could be improved as taking into consideration where your cursor is on-screen as right now Banners will place only in front of where your character is facing.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I've been playing a hybrid Spectre/Skeleton Necromancer with Eldritch Battery MoM for defense this league (level 95 as of this post) and using Dread Banner linked up with Generosity.

Any chance of allowing this gem in the future to gain stacks from minion attacks? Would be a nice quality of life change for summoner builds. So far I've found the only way for me to really gain stacks of Dread Banner is with Shield Charge (my movement ability) and that requires me to unlink Generosity.

Another nice QoL change would be some sort of visual buff so that you know your minions are being affected by it.
Similar to the post I made in the War Banner thread...
Not sure if this is intended or a bug but the buffs granted from placing the banners (War and Dread) will not buff the casting player if they are wearing the Ichimonji sword. I could see this going either way as Ichimonji states: "Allies aura buffs do not affect you". If we're considering a placed banner an ally with an aura buff then it makes sense that it doesn't affect me. What I would have expected would be my placed banner wouldn't buff anyone but me since I'm the "source" of the banner.

For Dread Banner it would be nice to see some enemy VFX indicating they're currently impaled. I do like the banner concept and impale is a neat status ailment to help push physical damage.

Also I think the text of the skill could be cleaned up so it's clear what bonuses you have while carrying the banner and what additional bonuses you received when it's placed. For example Dread Banner's skill text:
"(1)Nearby Enemies have (15-21)% less Accuracy Rating
(2)You and nearby Allies have 20% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks
(3)When placed, 8% increased Area of Effect per Stage
(4)When placed, 1% increased Aura effect per Stage
(5)+1 second to Base Placed Banner Duration per Stage
(6)Gain Fortify for 0.05 seconds per Stage on Placing the Banner
(7)2% increased Fortify effect per Stage
(8)Gain 1 Stage when you Impale an Enemy while carrying the Banner, up to 5 per second
(9)You and nearby Allies have (0-19)% increased Impale Effect"

I read this as skill effect 1 & 2 as on when you're carrying the banner. Skill effects 3, 4, 5, and 6 all state on placing the banner so we're clear there. Skill effect 7 doesn't indicate this only applies during placement (testing indicates it does). Skill effects 8 & 9 are similarly ambiguous. Granted it's obvious from context you don't gain stacks while the banner is placed but it might not be clear to everyone. The increased impale effect is more ambiguous. Do we get that bonus while holding the banner, when it's placed, or both?
I would really like to see answeres of the aformentioned Part 7.

Sadly I cannot test this myself, as PVP seems broken right now in Betray.

Also: If we get 100% increased Fortify Effect with 50 Stages (and places, lets just assume) - Would that effect be subject to increased Aura Effect from tree?

Cause I can easliy get +250% increased Aura Effect on the Banner with my Aurabot and Generosity.
I find the Idea of a 400% Effect Fortiy quite ridiculouse, not to mention the wording would indicate that it also applies to Allies.

Please clarify, I cant test it myself without PVP -.-
it works great to boost physical minion damage like purity, agony, zombies and phys golems. The fortify i think should lasts at least 5 sec at max stages.

Doing a lancing steel minion hybrid build and dread banner adds a lot of damage, especially if you build your phys minions with attack speed in mind.

Hybrid minion builds, which is my favourite gamestyle, are getting more viable with every league, thank you.
Last edited by kittywoofmeow on Dec 25, 2018, 11:45:25 PM
"
Karunga wrote:
I would really like to see answeres of the aformentioned Part 7.

Sadly I cannot test this myself, as PVP seems broken right now in Betray.

Also: If we get 100% increased Fortify Effect with 50 Stages (and places, lets just assume) - Would that effect be subject to increased Aura Effect from tree?

Cause I can easliy get +250% increased Aura Effect on the Banner with my Aurabot and Generosity.
I find the Idea of a 400% Effect Fortiy quite ridiculouse, not to mention the wording would indicate that it also applies to Allies.

Please clarify, I cant test it myself without PVP -.-

Push, clarification needed please.
As a traditional summoner aka skeles/zombies, I was really disappointed that minions don't build stacks. It would be more interesting to actually be able to use it rather it being a click-and-forget aura.
"
As a traditional summoner aka skeles/zombies, I was really disappointed that minions don't build stacks. It would be more interesting to actually be able to use it rather it being a click-and-forget aura.

Agree, had the same feedback. I guess these skills require that you be fighting alongside your minions, kind of limited niche.
Could you guys PLEASE create a micro transaction that replaces the banners on the back for something small that doesnt makes our wings/back atachment look weird??
i paid a lot for having cool wings but that ugly banner takes all the beauty away
i just hate it! its ugly! take it off! xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info