Storm Brand

"Fixed a bug which caused skills with damaging effects that were disconnected from the initial skill use (such as Molten Strike, Fire Storm, Wild Strike, and a number of others) which were supported by effects that triggered multiple successive uses of the skill (Multistrike, Greater Spell Echo and Unleash) to not apply the support gem's damage penalty or enhancement to those delayed effects, or even to the successive skill uses. This resulted in less damage being dealt by several skills when supported by Multistrike than they were intended to deal, and more damage by skills supported by Greater Spell Echo and Unleash."

Not sure if Storm Brand is the “initial skill”, but actually I want to ask the Greater Spell Echo (support gem on Pledge of Hands) will affect the Storm brand 's damage?
Love this power, shame only 1 skin please make a Celestial Storm Brand ! :)
I'm debating whether or not to use Chain support, but I don't know how +1 Chain interacts with Storm Brand. Does Storm Brand shoot up to 3 beams with 0 chain (like Static Strike), or shoot out 1 beam that chains 3 times (like Arc)?

This mechanic is hard to visually test because the lightning is hard to see, and the circular range of Stormbrand is relatively small.
Does Intensify work with Storm Brand?
IGN: Dmillz
I'm a big Storm Brand Enthusiast, and it's so volatile over the patches, but right now it feels nuked, aspecially with the archmage change. Every type of build i'm trying with it feels subpar - Inquisitor power charge stacking, cold conversion Occultist, energy blade Trickster, Ravenous Passion Rage stacking berserker. The base stats on the gem itself are the problem, it has horrible effectiveness of added damage, and a serious lack of sources of Chaining to make the map clearing feel good (Chain support is just not worth the dps loss which is already really low) and the Indecision version doesn't cut it either.

My suggestion:
- Buff the dmg effectiveness
- Add either a built in +1 Chain to the gem or replace one of the underused Brand Mastery passives with +1 Chain to brands.
Last edited by PrettyCasual on Apr 11, 2024, 3:11:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info