Winter Orb

I love this skill but please consider adding some duration to it, as it stands now its kind of monotonous to stop after every pack of monsters to get it going again. Not to mention it has very little mobility against a boss, where I prefer to be as mobile as possible! The 4 second duration is gone in the blink of an eye!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Oct 6, 2019, 8:04:04 PM
Hello,
i used a build guide and have winter orb in a 4link with following gem orders:

winter orb , increased duration, combustion , infused channeling.
all in a frostferno helmet.

now when i stack 10 orbs, the last 5 seconds, tooltip shows skill duration 1.96 , when i take out inc duration, those 10 stacks last 5 seconds.

tooltip goes down to 1.2

whats defunct here ?

thanks
The base duration is 1.2s

This means at 10 stacks you have 250% increased duration which is 1.2*3.5 = 4.2 seconds

I think this is what is going on (probably not exactly but close):

The icon on top left always shows the integer ceiling of your current time so if you have a 4.2 second duration it will displays 5 for 0.2 seconds before going down to 4

slotting in your increased duration support will make your 250% increased duration at 10 stacks 313% increased duration which is 1.2*4.13 = 4.956

so it will still display 5 seconds at max stacks. The duration is increased though.

The tooltip just showed you 1.2 *1.63 which is 1.96. it does not multiply base duration, just skill effect duration and like all increased operator, are additive
thanks for that detailed answer.
The description is wrong. It says:

"
25% increased Duration per Stage

It behaves:

"
25% increased Stage Duration per Stage

I have tested this only with Decay Support and Arcane Surge though. POB got this wrong too.
Last edited by Visca on Dec 10, 2019, 1:16:31 PM
3.7 nerf was justified and well executed. The skill was brokenly overpowered, now it's inline with other spells but still has some issues.

Target acquisition range vs a static target is fine.
Because of the reduced "cast rate while moving" the range feels too low.

Stage counter starts decrementing instantly after you stop channeling and this feels terribly disappointing, for me this is the main skill problem - you always under the pressure of degrating stage counter. For example Blade Vortex has no such issue, you can "wind up" the skill and jump into action like nothing else matters.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
3.7 nerf was justified and well executed. The skill was brokenly overpowered, now it's inline with other spells but still has some issues.

Target acquisition range vs a static target is fine.
Because of the reduced "cast rate while moving" the range feels too low.

Stage counter starts decrementing instantly after you stop channeling and this feels terribly disappointing, for me this is the main skill problem - you always under the pressure of degrating stage counter. For example Blade Vortex has no such issue, you can "wind up" the skill and jump into action like nothing else matters.

i agree but i think just increaing the duration a bit would be fine. Its currently to clunky of a skill to use.
IGN Suck
bump....
IGN Suck
can you bring back Winterorb, more damage, longer duration and bigger Area of Effect?

but changing it so it does not self target (while Channelling), more like a aim and shoot at the target while channelling, and after that a lower range but self Targetting Enemys. :)

Thankyou
A
I tried to use this spell as a league starter and was not satisfied with it. Clearing with it felt great but when it came to doing any content that did not die instantly it fell terribly short. Eventually I just gave up on it. This spell seems to require too much investment for so little gain. Comparing it to other skills such as storm brand is not even a contest, which is a shame because I loved this spell so much in Synthesis league.
Last edited by Lochaven on Apr 13, 2020, 10:07:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info