[3.6] [ELE] THE SPHERE OF SPEARS - Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear [1H] [Uber Atziri/Uber Elder down]

"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Had some gloves drop with the suffix "increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies". Was at 36%. I wonder if this would be beneficial or not for us? PoB doesnt seem to have this, it's an incursion suffix.

yes, it works (make sure to check "is the enemy chilled?" in the config tab of pob).
to give you some numbers, if i add this to my setup it will give me 5% total dps, which is a nice boost.

"
Would this build be viable as an assassin and if so, do I need to make any changes to the tree/items? Thank you :)

NiobMordodrukow pretty much answered already
i'll add that as an assassin you could drop the diamond flask and take a wise oak, but you will also need to drop one of the buff that reserve our mana (or one of the supports on those).

"
BrNe wrote:
Hey mate, great build I've used a lot of your thoughts and tweaked it on my Inquisitor!

Just wondering if you've throught about running glacial cascade instead of ice spear? Apart from the downside from not maximising the benefits of all the projectile bonuses we have...it does seem to have a higher clear speed (from what I can tell at least) keen to hear your thoughts!

yes i've tried to theorycraft that in pob (since GC is my favourite spell in poe), but wasn't satisfied with the result :/

the problem is that GC needs a lot of “phys damage converted in elemental damage / phys damage gained as extra elmental damage" stuff in order to shine, and need more crit chance investment.
also you want absolutely to use Hatred.

however i was trying to fit it in for single target, because while clearing is Winter Orb that does the heavy lifitng.

-

btw, i've added a video of the first Uber Atziri run of the build :)
Last edited by tufferugli on Dec 29, 2018, 11:39:28 AM
What about Pantheon stuff, didn't find those in the post.
Made an Occultist CI version since i hadn't played CI in ages. Managed to take down uber elder today ^^
This version is more tanky but probably has less dmg (10k ES and 1.1m shaper DPS, on a 5L though).
Having the ES on hit watchers eye helps a ton in facetanking as well.
Spoiler

Also: i started using Freezing pulse instead of ice spear for map clearing, since its more reliable against syndicate members teleporting in your face all the time.
For bosses, the extra range and better shotgun of ice spear is better though ^^
IGN - Kanamesan, Saitousan, Hatsusan (standard). Send me a PM in game or on forums if i win an auction
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/232130 (standard).
Last edited by kanamesan on Dec 29, 2018, 7:19:18 PM
"
Lunafreak wrote:
What about Pantheon stuff, didn't find those in the post.

i'm using solaris/lunaris and shakari, but i didn't put much thought on those.
probably brine king is better for endgame bosses.

i'll add some info, but in which section you think it weill best fit?
or maybe the pantheon needs a section for itself?

"
kanamesan wrote:
Made an Occultist CI version since i hadn't played CI in ages. Managed to take down uber elder today ^^
This version is more tanky but probably has less dmg (10k ES and 1.1m shaper DPS, on a 5L though).
Having the ES on hit watchers eye helps a ton in facetanking as well.
Spoiler

Also: i started using Freezing pulse instead of ice spear for map clearing, since its more reliable against syndicate members teleporting in your face all the time.
For bosses, the extra range and better shotgun of ice spear is better though ^^

i've tried freezing pulse for clearing but i didn't like it :/

---

i've added a video with the fight against Red Elder and Elder Guardians.
Last edited by tufferugli on Dec 29, 2018, 11:34:01 PM
Hey fun build so far, still leveling. I'm guessing purity of elements is the way to go with my 4L HoI until resists are Elemental Weakness capped, then switch to arctic armor? Thanks in advance!
"
nicky2tymes wrote:
Hey fun build so far, still leveling. I'm guessing purity of elements is the way to go with my 4L HoI until resists are Elemental Weakness capped, then switch to arctic armor? Thanks in advance!

i honestly never worry too much about capping for ele weakness.

i feel like the "mandatory" buffs are hoi and arctic armour and for the third one you can pretty much choose what you want.

herald of thunder, purities, aspect of the spiders are all very good options.

for now i'm sitting with purity of ice since i'm working my way to uber elder and i think that it will be a good defense option.

ps
i'm glad that you found the build enjoyable :)
Last edited by tufferugli on Dec 30, 2018, 10:05:17 AM
Hello Exiles,

i want to share my experience with u.
First of all i want to thank tufferugli, he inspired me to use winter orb + ice spear.

I play a crit winter orb build with OC ES CI Version based on Gazzy's winter orb build and improved by tufferugli's build.
The lack of single dps with winter orb, made me to check some profiles for alternatives, play winter orb with bladevortex, ice nova, ice spear etc.

But in my opinion for BV u have to stand near the enemy and the 6 link with BV don't support all gems, like GMP. The dmg output is too low.

Best possible dps outpout is to use winter orb with ice spear.

For dps im using 2x Void Batteries and Inya's Epiphany boots for best dps output with 9 power charges. And im using an ELDER Malachai's Artifice ring (to use it with Mark of the Shaper) with flame golem to proc Elemental Equilibrium on bosses. To use Warlords Mark i linked Herald of Ice with COH.

This pushes me to 1,9 million dps, not more than your build tufferugli (2,3 millon dps) but i think without Elementalist Ascendancy it is hard to push dps. For OC it is enough dps for fast t16 mapping with high survivability 9k+ ES. I have easily killed shaper without dying.

Gear:
Spoiler

My plan is to improve my gloves and helmet to drop discipline and use frostbite/blasphemy. Any suggestions?

For everyone who's interested to play a crit CI version u can use my POB.

POB link: https://pastebin.com/nbbFvG6R
"
ThreeFinger wrote:
Hello Exiles,

i want to share my experience with u.
First of all i want to thank tufferugli, he inspired me to use winter orb + ice spear.

I play a crit winter orb build with OC ES CI Version based on Gazzy's winter orb build and improved by tufferugli's build.
The lack of single dps with winter orb, made me to check some profiles for alternatives, play winter orb with bladevortex, ice nova, ice spear etc.

But in my opinion for BV u have to stand near the enemy and the 6 link with BV don't support all gems, like GMP. The dmg output is too low.

Best possible dps outpout is to use winter orb with ice spear.

For dps im using 2x Void Batteries and Inya's Epiphany boots for best dps output with 9 power charges. And im using an ELDER Malachai's Artifice ring (to use it with Mark of the Shaper) with flame golem to proc Elemental Equilibrium on bosses. To use Warlords Mark i linked Herald of Ice with COH.

This pushes me to 1,9 million dps, not more than your build tufferugli (2,3 millon dps) but i think without Elementalist Ascendancy it is hard to push dps. For OC it is enough dps for fast t16 mapping with high survivability 9k+ ES. I have easily killed shaper without dying.

Gear:
Spoiler

My plan is to improve my gloves and helmet to drop discipline and use frostbite/blasphemy. Any suggestions?

For everyone who's interested to play a crit CI version u can use my POB.

POB link: https://pastebin.com/nbbFvG6R

i'm happy to hear that this guide helped improving your build :)

i don't like bv at all... too meleey for my tastes :D

for your questions, if you drop the aoe nodes and you do some rerouting you could push 2,1m dps and have around 9.5k es (using a second energy from within).

you will lose 3 aoe radius for wo, but honestly i don't think that that will make a big impact when clearing.

other than that two easy things that will push your dps a lot are a +1 ice spear proj enchant and a lvl 21 ice spear, but they are a bit expensive (enchant start from around 100c on a es base, and 21/20 ice spears gems are on the 2ex range).

aspect of the spider could be more difficult to implement in the build, but it's a big boost.

but... what about going double tulfalls?
you are already using inya's which i think should maintain your charges up very well, so why don't give them a try?

here's a pastebin with the things i've modified which contains also the tree for the tulfall variant (make sure to equip them and to activate frenzy charges).

https://pastebin.com/juxJXtVM

i hope you'll find this helpful
Last edited by tufferugli on Dec 30, 2018, 1:22:14 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
nicky2tymes wrote:

i honestly never worry too much about capping for ele weakness.

i feel like the "mandatory" buffs are hoi and arctic armour and for the third one you can pretty much choose what you want.

herald of thunder, purities, aspect of the spiders are all very good options.

for now i'm sitting with purity of ice since i'm working my way to uber elder and i think that it will be a good defense option.

ps
i'm glad that you found the build enjoyable :)

Ah I get you. With 25% reduced heralds, you can run 2 and another 25% - 35% reservation skill. I guess I'll level Arctic armor and another herald in weapon swap, I'm guessing I should keep rolling purity until I'm resistant capped?
"
nicky2tymes wrote:
Ah I get you. With 25% reduced heralds, you can run 2 and another 25% - 35% reservation skill. I guess I'll level Arctic armor and another herald in weapon swap, I'm guessing I should keep rolling purity until I'm resistant capped?

yep :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info