How the Betrayal Launch Went

Fantastic new content, keep the quality coming GGG
I thank you GGG for another no real life anymore time. thank you that amazing expansion.
The work on the expansion? Yes, that was good hard work, and it showed.

The launch itself? You're alienating a lot of your players when you pat yourself on the back with self-congratulatory statements.

3.5.0 is pretty easily the most broken release the game has ever seen: Numerous core features, from crafting benches, the quests, to much of the elements the new Masters system rely upon, and even tabs, are showing signs of being broken to the point where the game is in an unplayable state for many players.

We get no direct update from those in charge on this, but instead "hey guys we're doing great!" as you pat yourself on the back.

In spite of a lot of work being done by talented individuals to produce new content for this game at breakneck speed, GGG has horrible testing of their code, resulting in catastrophes like this. The truth is... This wasn't a launch to be proud of. Any OTHER company would be entirely EMBARASSED, and rushing to apologize.

Whoever has been deciding that the level of "in-house-only" testing is sufficient has reached the breaking point: whoever was in charge of deciding what was sufficient testing should step down. You do NOT simply run an automated consistency check and decide that's simply enough bugtesting. Every other major F2P vendor knows this, and guess what? None of them are plagued with such embarrassing launch gaffes. Whoever it is, is doing a MASSIVE disservice to the rest of the company that's doing a FAR better job at their part; this is a clear case of a "weakest link."

And yeah, inB4 the army of white knights come to defend their "fair maiden's" (GGG's) honour.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
A mere 28% more multiplier double dippingly crashed your server and you are thinking about Christmas. Christ Chris
Shaky start, but it all turned out great. Thank you GGG for providing the game most of us fans love to play for so long. Happy Holidays.
Shout to to GGG for best dungeon crawler and for having it be free to play. Please support the dev team by buying their cool ass cosmetics.
Thank you all for your hard work on the game. Have a lovely time on your holiday guys :)
ty guys for this wonderfull game, keep on rolling and we will support you as long as you respect the community, this is what i love with you. diablo lives :D
I haven't played in a loooong time and I still have the same gaming PC I've had 7 years ago, but it's running OK on everything at minimum settings, reverb OFF, and low quality sound.

It still works pretty great.

I'm having fun so far, if my computer can handle large mob density and doesn't chug to a halt, I'll be throwing money your way for some more stash space.
We love you Chris - ty for the great legue.
SC legues V

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info