[3.5][HCSSF] Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky, mobile, beginner friendly, and fun

What flasks do you run with this build?

Thanks for all the info.
Flasks I use are two divine life flasks with either seething or bubbling prefixes, for emergency life situations. I then tend to run any survivability flask with bleed removal, and two quicksilvers. While leveling, a mana flask will help.
Thanks for posting this - I fancied trying brands and the detail and care you put into this helped me have some fun/get over the initial hump they have when you start out.

It took me until maybe mid-Act-3 to get the whole 'cast-kill-move-recall-kill-move" thing going well but you DO get there.

I did start-out with a sort-of Roleplay idea of being a Templay wielding a staff - called down doom on unbelivers (so maybe even Arma Brand) - is the Sceptre requirement purely for the Shield Dash thing or are there other things hidden in the tree (I'm only upto the 40pt Passive Tree right now)

Thanks again
There’s two sets of shield nodes you’d need to replace if you go for a staff. Other than that, it should be fine I think. There’s a staff block area to the bottom left you could grab!
Thanks for that

Also - do you have a more complete Passive Tree (the Level 100 one and PoB only have 83 nodes?)

Thanks again!
If that’s the case, something fucked up. I’ll check in a few hours!
"
ohnpeat wrote:
Also - do you have a more complete Passive Tree (the Level 100 one and PoB only have 83 nodes?)

Can you double check? The level 100 link shows 123 points as expected, and PoB has five trees. It autoselects level 60, which is 83 points, you can switch tree in the bottom left.
AHA! That's me not understanding PoB properly - all good now!

I notice you avoided the 'right side' nodes - esp Runesmith which is a common choice for 'Brand' users?

I must admit, I'm not sure you NEED 6 Brands now I have them - it might make chaining them whilst waiting for Recall a BIT easier (faster runs in maps perhaps) but it feels like 1-too-many?

Also - I note you're playing HC so you're aiming defensively more than someone like me who's a SC cheeser ;0
It's a tradeoff for defenses, as you pointed out. Going from 5 to 6 brands is not a huge improvement, and while the nodes do give nice damage, I'm instead opting to go down towards the scion life wheel. You can certainly go over there if you want to, but it comes with sacrifices elsewhere in the tree.
Added some unique options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info