[3.5][HCSSF] Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky, mobile, beginner friendly, and fun

Thanks for the build.
I'm lvl 32 so far and a total noob, first experience in PoE and pretty much first experience in ARPG's.
I'm constantly running out of Mana in longer fights probably because of Herald of Thunder and Mind over Matter.
Am I missing something?
Also, the guide suggests that single target is lacking, but isn't there a gem I can equip to do single target damage for bosses for example? I'm trying to do Labyrinth.
Last edited by PhunkieTown on Jan 6, 2019, 2:13:21 PM
Generally speaking, Mind over Matter will make you run out of mana pretty quick if you get hit by a lot of things. As a new player, I'd suggest delaying that until a bit later than the 30's. The key advice is don't get hit, but as a new player that's hard to do as you don't have the experience to know what things will hit you and so on. A mana potion will be good to use up to late levels, to help solve that mana issue.

At lower levels, the herald should net you enough single target damage. Lightning Spire Trap is our solution to higher single target damage, it's great for bursting bosses down.
Thanks for your answer.
Maybe I should focus more on casting brands and running around avoiding taking damage. Also maybe I should just cast just brands and avoid using ARC at all, which I occasionally do. I might be underusing the brands. I'm 40 by the time I'm typing this reply.
Arc is a nice addition in the 12-30 bracket somewhere, but becomes a bit obsolete after that. I'd recommend moving towards Lightning Spire Trap, though I personally just use Brands until level 60ish.

Casting brands more often and recalling less often can be good for survivability, especially when you're newer to the game and you're less comfortable knowing what you can run into and what you can't.

When combining arc and brands, you want to make sure that your brands are attached to your target, and then arc until the brands expire.
Armor seemed to fix my problem. On my 81, I think I had all ES-based gear. I'm at like 20% damage reduction and feels like very little can stop me in t1-t6.
When attaining Arcane Blessing, we seem to free up 2x gem slots in our gear that have no suitable replacement, even though we have the easiest time to proc arcane surge through flame dash and brand recall, is it really neccesary to get Arcane Blessing?
Would it be more beneficial to get Conviction of power instead, which will get us power and endurance charge generation, as well as reduced elemental damage taken AND damage penetration?

Please correct me if I am wrong, I have 3 labs to find still, so hopefully I have the correct decision ready to go.
Just died at level 89 in the mastermind area. Was at like 10x% all resists and 74% chaos resists, and about 80% rarity; 25% spell block, 34%ish physical block; 21% physical reduction. still died.
What about jewels?
"
Zeypha wrote:
When attaining Arcane Blessing, we seem to free up 2x gem slots in our gear that have no suitable replacement, even though we have the easiest time to proc arcane surge through flame dash and brand recall, is it really neccesary to get Arcane Blessing?
Would it be more beneficial to get Conviction of power instead, which will get us power and endurance charge generation, as well as reduced elemental damage taken AND damage penetration?

Please correct me if I am wrong, I have 3 labs to find still, so hopefully I have the correct decision ready to go.

Arcane blessing really only frees up Arcane Surge. I find it really nice, because it allows us to have arcane surge without requiring constant brand recall spam. Even with it, I tend to fill up my sockets. On top of that, ailment immunity is pretty great.

That said, if you don't feel the need for it, Conviction of Power is a viable alternative.
Quick question, sorry if it's already been answered somewhere. In the gems section you use Efficacy in the 6th socket, but in the leveling section you have Faster Casting in there instead. Is this an error or at what point do you swap in Efficacy? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info