[3.5][HCSSF] Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky, mobile, beginner friendly, and fun

I am fairly new to PoE and am looking to play my first build. I've looked through a few Templar builds and really like the look of yours, epsecially as the guide is so well laid out and detailed, which as a newbie is much appreciated - thank you so much.

Just one question, you mentioned in the original post that the tree links and PoB aren't fully updated yet, is that still the case and do you know when you'll be updating them? No pressure ;-)

Your twitch videos are also very useful as supporting tools, so will probably be taking a look at those in the next few days and weeks.
The passive trees are updated and mostly final (I think), I'll remove that disclaimer. Thanks for reminding me!

As a new player, I wouldn't really recommend HCSSF (hardcore solo self found). That said, it's how I learned, so it's doable for some, but for most it's better to go softcore.

I tried making the guide as accessible as possible, please do ask questions if you're confused about anything!

One note about my twitch videos: I'm dying a lot to unnecessary things, mostly because I'm rushing too much and trying to speedrun it all. Going slow and steady got my first character this league all the way to 80 without breaking a sweat.
Thanks for confirming Lily :)

I am playing softcore league at the moment until I get a better handle on what I am doing, and the twitch videos are still useful but understand what you are saying.

Good luck with the speed runs!
Best of luck getting into Path of Exile!
With those passives, I'd consider swapping Elemental Focus for Innervate. I'm not 100% sure it'll do more damage that way, but you're picking up Shock nodes that would certainly benefit.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
With those passives, I'd consider swapping Elemental Focus for Innervate. I'm not 100% sure it'll do more damage that way, but you're picking up Shock nodes that would certainly benefit.
that's my plan then sometime later getting a inpulsa.. when i get rich
Hello! I'm going to be trying your build tonight with some friends in HC Betrayal. The only real change I made was to move dump Molten Shell and Tempest Shield for Lightning Spire Trap for bosses. I moved Lightning Golem over to where Immortal Call is at. I'll let you know how it goes!
Definitely a good change, especially when you're playing with friends!
Updated gem section a bit and cleaned things up slightly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info