[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
NarberalGamma wrote:

600+ es shaped vaal regalia with % increased intelligence
How many sockets do you recommend ? And which skillgems ?

Is it useful to keep Freezing Pulse at high levels ?
Last edited by Thezibaim on Dec 15, 2018, 7:22:07 AM
"
Thezibaim wrote:
"
NarberalGamma wrote:

probably 4 or 5 links for storm/armageddon brand curse on hit enfeeble/frostbite/both

we don't need freezing pulse since our main skill is icestorm
Thanks a lot ^^

And Frost Bomb + Arcane Surge is not useful anymore ?
"
Thezibaim wrote:
"
NarberalGamma wrote:

If we are talking about high end equip - then it's 5link with
[cast when damage taken - ball lightning (or any skill with good hit rate and aoe) - curse on hit - enfeeble - blind]
Previously we used combustion as 6th link, but now that we are cold version, it's not needed.

There can be variations with 2nd curse, if you go for it. Also, can link [cold snap - bone chill] that will boost our damage by 30%, but blind is way too good to throw it out.

"
Thezibaim wrote:
Thanks a lot ^^

And Frost Bomb + Arcane Surge is not useful anymore ?

Frost bomb is always usefull, arcane surge too. It will stay in the build forever, even at 100 lvl
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 15, 2018, 7:39:59 AM
Ok, i get it.

And which priority for auras between Discipline, Herald of Ice, Warlord's Mark (with Blasphemy) and Arctic Armour ?

By the way, do I need a minion with this build ?
So, I found thie very interesting talisman:

What do you think, is it worth it over Astramentis? And if yes, how much do we gain from it?

Without having tested it ingame (not playing WI this season) or in PoB, I'd assume that str might become an issue without Astramentis.

It might be totally worth it on very highend WI chars, but probably not on ones with mediocre gear/low level.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Dec 15, 2018, 8:09:26 AM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
So, I found thie very interesting talisman:

What do you think, is it worth it over Astramentis? And if yes, how much do we gain from it?

Without having tested it ingame (not playing WI this season) or in PoB, I'd assume that str might become an issue without Astramentis.

It might be totally worth it on very highend WI chars, but probably not on ones with mediocre gear/low level.

Nah, it's not worth it. Placed it in my PoB, it increased damage by 2% and ES by 600, but now i need additional 100 str and 90 dex to complete gear requirements. 190 stats are way overkill for such small profit.
The only things that i would change astramentis are probably good roll of unique talisman with double random thingy, or double shaper talisman with increased attributes and 1% damage for each 15 intellegence.
"
Thezibaim wrote:
Ok, i get it.

And which priority for auras between Discipline, Herald of Ice, Warlord's Mark (with Blasphemy) and Arctic Armour ?

By the way, do I need a minion with this build ?

We don't use blasphemy, because discipline, herald of ice and arctic armour waste all our mana already.
That build applying curses through cast when damage taken setup in chest armour. Also, before warlord's mark, it would probably be better to use enfeeble. Well, if you desperately need leech, WM is ok too.
"
Thezibaim wrote:
"
NarberalGamma wrote:

My current setup is Cast when damage lvl 1/ ball lightning lvl 4
followed by lvl 20/23 curse on hit/21/20 enfeeble and frostbite and lvl 20 blind

Yes i took the +1 curse on skill tree.. felt good at the moment.. melted shaper slowly but surely
"
aldaias wrote:
My current setup is Cast when damage lvl 1/ ball lightning lvl 4
followed by lvl 20/23 curse on hit/21/20 enfeeble and frostbite and lvl 20 blind

Yes i took the +1 curse on skill tree.. felt good at the moment.. melted shaper slowly but surely

If you are taking 2nd curse anyway, maybe there is a point in going into malediction route instead. Differences that instead of 20% res debuff and you will get 10% more damage. Not much difference, actually.
Then in malediction route we get increase in curse effect, free 2nd curse, 16% more damage in chaos, if we killed recently and absurd clear potential with profane bloom.
In frigid wake route we just get chill/freeze immunity, that we can get with just flask.

I actually think that malediction route is vastly better, but i just can't resist the temptation of full immunity of ailments. Moreover, it's new node, we just oblige to test it :)
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 15, 2018, 9:56:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info