[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

No one knows what happened to Kelvynn??????
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

I love Cyclone but Inquisitor is becoming less and less appealing because its not always you stay on Concecrated Ground, i mean, you could pop potion and spin in place while opening chest i guess, idk.

Cyclone may be better for clearing and a cooler "meta" choice also, but in the end when you'll have to face Uber Elder or Aul for example I think it will fail hard compared to Winter Orb option.

In UE fight if you get frozen by Shaper Barrage balls and don't have the flask charges to un-freeze yourself fast you may consider yourself dead :). Same for Aul fight.

I am initially inclined to agree with you on part that Worb Channeling is probably better for strictly endgame bossing. But I'm also not convinced yet. Keeping an open mind until I get to end game content and give it a go.

You can still use Inquisitor for Ailment Immunity. you only need to get touched by the consecrated ground for it to work. Alternatively you can just wear a corrupted Dream Fragments or multimodded "Dream Fragments" boots. (alt spam for T1 Flat ES+T1 Int, regal, annul, multimod for Cannot Be Frozen, Cannot be Chilled/MS%, and Suffix of choice)

And that's really only needed if you want to forego Inquisitor Ascendancy.

Watcher's Eye with Purity of Ice Freeze Immune + Boot MS%/Cannot be Chilled is an option too.

There are ways of making it work if you want to. I really do think that Cyclone lends itself to a slightly different setup compared to the Worb one.

Also, it should be noted that for the Cyclone Version Arctic Armour is kinda pointless...

Why couldn't this helmet have rolled INT?!?

Any Reservation enchant + level 3 enlighten (or level 2 and 1 Reserve node in tree) let's me use Hatred+Discipline+Herald of Ice.

My Current Gear

"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Something like
should definitely be considered. It's a huge upgrade over Astramentis (uncorrupted) and is much easier to get the bit of Str/Dex you need as a Scion than as a Witch.

Nice find, I got 2 days ago one for myself that is more powerful than a corrupted 6% intelligence implicit Astramentis. Only had to grab a 30 Dex node to fulfill Str and Dex requirements. I used this type of Talisman also in Synthesis league. If you find a decent one for a decent price you should grab it

Uh, how did you craft the 18% increased ES on your CORRUPTED talisman? (Yeah, there's always something to learn every day in POE.)
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Something like
should definitely be considered. It's a huge upgrade over Astramentis (uncorrupted) and is much easier to get the bit of Str/Dex you need as a Scion than as a Witch.

Nice find, I got 2 days ago one for myself that is more powerful than a corrupted 6% intelligence implicit Astramentis. Only had to grab a 30 Dex node to fulfill Str and Dex requirements. I used this type of Talisman also in Synthesis league. If you find a decent one for a decent price you should grab it

Uh, how did you craft the 18% increased ES on your CORRUPTED talisman? (Yeah, there's always something to learn every day in POE.)

It's a possible outcome of one of the syndicate crafting benches. Jorgin in Research turns a regular amulet into a talisman. Tier of talisman based on his.
Ahh, the Jorgin's tier affects the talisman tier -- I didn't know that.

So it was a 1 in 7 chance to get that. Now I know what I am using my Syndicate for...

That's actually a reasonably fun thing to pursue rather than corrupting Int rings.

Also, I found this
. Cool, huh?
Last edited by Graiaule on Jun 13, 2019, 2:50:47 PM
When you do boring Uber Labs for mana leech enchant and Izaro decide to be grateful to you :

Dear diary...

Shaper down, but I think I'll avoid uber until more ES as I suck at that fight. In any case, I like the maximise-int approach. I die too much to legion but hopefully that changes today with the patch. Otherwise T16s are easy to farm, my DPS is very helpful. When I've done uber I'll elder orb somewhere or other and 5-sextant that a bit.

level 92
9.6k ES
2,433 int
40k single target, 31k cascade

Cheapest next upgrade for me is probably crafting a Vaal Regalia 12% chest. Does anyone have 6% increased attributes yet by any chance? :)
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 14, 2019, 5:48:07 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Dear diary...

Shaper down, but I think I'll avoid uber until more ES as I suck at that fight. In any case, I like the maximise-int approach. I die too much to legion but hopefully that changes today with the patch. Otherwise 83s are easy to farm, my DPS is very helpful. When I've done uber I'll elder orb somewhere or other and 5-sextant that a bit.

level 92
9.6k ES
2,433 int
40k single target, 31k cascade

Cheapest next upgrade for me is probably crafting a Vaal Regalia 12% chest. Does anyone have 6% increased attributes yet by any chance? :)

How do you calculate single target DPS? That 40k value seem kinda big
I made a simulation in PoB with your character and Shaper average hit of Icestorm is 27.5K without Vaal RF and 35.9K with Vaal RF.

Arcane Surge/HoI/Bonechill/Frost Bomb/Frostbite taken in consideration

Do you check also flasks?

For Uber Elder the DPS will be way less since normal setup for this fight recommends switching HoI with PoI, a Brute Force jewel(Templar area) with The Vigil jewel for 35s Fortify and even Vaal RF with Enlighten 3(or drop Bonechill) because you don't have enough mana to run PoI instead of HoI.

It seems that Uber Elder this league was kinda boosted, people talking in /reddit that Shaper now has no cool down to his skills and he cast way faster and more often Barrage/Beam/Slam during UE fight.

Doing it with ~10k ES without The Vigil, PoI and 2x Sapphire flasks (especially that now we are not 100% immune to Freeze and Chill and we lost 50% ES max recovery from BloodRage/IC/Arakaali combo) will not be easy unless your dodging skills are very good

And yes with Occultist in Flashback event i did Uber Elder from first try (with 1 death) with 10150 ES and 1835 Intelligence - 9.450 tooltip DPS (but with the conditions mentioned above) and Occultist was tankier than it is now Inquisitor/Occultist variant:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2256360/page/238#p21967697
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jun 14, 2019, 6:10:44 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
How do you calculate single target DPS? That 40k value seem kinda big
I made a simulation in PoB with your character and Shaper average hit of Icestorm is 27.5K without Vaal RF and 35.9K with Vaal RF.

Ah, I just took it from pob:

Where do you go for the simulation?

"
lilianmarius wrote:
Doing it with ~10k ES without The Vigil, PoI and 2x Sapphire flasks (especially that now we are not 100% immune to Freeze and Chill and we lost 50% ES max recovery from BloodRage/IC/Arakaali combo) will not be easy unless your dodging skills are very good

Vigil and PoI shouldn't be a problem. Dodging skills are a problem though :)

Freeze immunity seems easier though, 2x sulphur (or sorrow of the divine if you're me) flasks, 2x sapphire, 1x quicksilver of heat?
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 14, 2019, 6:29:15 AM
Your Path of Building seems to be bugged :) no way that mana cost of the Icestorm from picture (185 mana) is correct.

Import this pastebin code in a new profile, is generated with your tree and your gear:

https://pastebin.com/XTtr6E6H
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jun 14, 2019, 6:52:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info