[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Just thought I'd give a brief update, I may be one of the highest levels on this build.

I'm currently level 89, I have 8.3K ES and 1411 Int. I am now this unkillable mess who's expected in my 3/4 man group to survive and carry the ripping maps. Can easily carry Uber lab too. It's crazy how effective this is. I've done the previous scion one but this is a pretty fun spin on it. Need to fix some links and I'm missing good int on my helmet and any int on my gloves and boots...but work in progress!

Thank you for the build!

Awesome guide so far.

Any thoughts on whether this build will handle uber elder well?

How is this build with bonechill?
I think I'm going to do CWDT + Storm Brand + Curse On Hit + ((Insert Curse here))

Brands seem like they spread quite nicely and they look cooler than ball lightning.

Think that would be just as effective?

Or maybe even just cast the brand manually?
Last edited by Benisuzumeh on Dec 10, 2018, 9:43:42 PM

I think I just found the easiest way to sustain mana on boss fights
"
jerrymathew wrote:
How is this build with bonechill?

Bonechill only affects Arctic Armour in this build, but that's actually enough to make it work.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
So how is this build comparing to the original Scion build?
"
Med1umentor wrote:
I'll just say, i don't know how it will be in maps, but right now i even had a leisure to link winter orb with onslaught to improve movement speed. Damn that's a good clear. I have much better opinion of this now.

I advice you to try it as swap weapon strategy :)

P.S. The more i use it, the more i like it. Oh my god, it's SO GOOD! Why i never tried it before?
Just bought cheap corrupted 6link staff for it, now i'm happy as hell :)

What you mean 'in maps'? Are you talking about just leveling with it?
Can you post clearing speed map with WO? :)
"
Beverast wrote:
No offense to the OP but for me the build just isn't working. I have a feeling this is more of luxury build and definitely not a starter. With a few edits and theory crafting I think this build could be really great but I gave up on it at act 5. Even after getting a max roll whispering ice staff my dps was horrible and almost all syndicate encounters resulted in me dying a bunch of times.Leveling was truly a horrible experience for me.

The bright side is at least I didn't finish all the acts before realizing the build needs some work,so starting a new character won't take long to recoup my lost time testing this build out. In its current for I don't think I would recommend this build atm.

If your goal is to farm the Syndicate at lv 40 then this is not the right build for it. I've already said: ignore the Syndicate and just level. Once you reach lv 65-70 and switch to CI - that is the point where the Syndicate becomes just another trash encounter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info