[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Breken wrote:

Ditching Efficacy and GMP in your damage setup would help ALOT.. GMP only helps Winters Orb, and there are much better supports than Efficacy

Thanks! Yeah, I put conc effect instead of efficacy and cold pen instead of GMP and we'll see how it goes. Aoe is definitely impacted but blues go down much faster. I wonder how much of a priority ES should be at this point, compared to INT? Or int does not get diminishing returns at any point, and I can just keep upping it?
For clearing my HOI and Winters Orb usually is dropping most the trash anyway
Also, in that league i have a strange bug.

While i chanelling winter orb, sometimes my character goes in "apeshit mode" when he appeared to start channeling and canceling that in the same moment, almost the same way as you don't have sufficient mana, and you just start and stop infinitely. But i checked and confirmed that my mana was almost full.

Don't know what the reason of that issue - new winter orb, or entirely channeling mechanic become broken in that league...

P.S. And about inability of using "malachai's artifice" together with herald of ice. Isn't it easily solvable by initial use aka "put golem in it", instead of storm brand.
Golems wouldn't get the effect of our heralds, right?
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 9, 2018, 7:10:36 PM
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
I've played Whispering Ice for like 5 leagues as a main build and your tree pathing seems a bit alarming to me,is it really worth going all the way down to duelist to get VP? aren't you losing like an insane amount of damage?

Occultist loses only 3 more nodes to get VP compared to Ascendant - those evasion ones in the Scion area. Everything else is not wasted, Dex is converted to Int.

Most of the difference in DPS (about 20% less than Ascendant) comes from the loss of free Int and skill points that Ascendant gets. And a little more from having less damage than Ele+Inq. But instead of that damage Occultist gets a whole new level of tankability.
"
Ivan_Sorenson wrote:
For leveling and SSF till u get ur Staff: Winterorb + cwc + freezing Pulse + GMP

Interesting idea. I'm past that stage though, but I'll check it out later.
"
Aleoddio wrote:
Hi there,

Why do you pick Frigid Wake as second, and how do we sustain mana?

Thanks

I like freezing stuff :)

For mana I ended up using Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark. Until lv 39 that is. After that WO lv 1 is 2-3 mana (depending on links). I tried to level WO but that required constantly using mana flask without adding much damage. Icestorm does all the damage you ever need already.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 9, 2018, 10:11:06 PM
"
Aleoddio wrote:
i'm lvl 70 with 5s staff, 2800hp 2600ES started mapping, getting oneshotted badly and dmg is simply not there...
Kinda hard to judge but gonna reroll...

You should be already CI by the time you start mapping. I just did Uber Lab at lv 72.
"
thekottik wrote:
You guys are making your life too difficult for nothing. Whispering Ice needs Intelligence to be able to properly scale damage. Just start with ARC+Spire trap until you're comfortable to change and get wicked ward early instead of void beacon.

Lots of ways to level. Arc is very OP early. Apparently there are ways to use Winter Orb too. And it's entirely possible that Occultist doesn't need to rely on VP early.

That's why this build is experimental.
"
Gorrinako wrote:
Guys im using CwC + Winter Orb + Arc + LL and its fine to leveling, only little bit problems with Syndicate

Yeah but then you don't get anything from Ascendancy. May be worth it though.
"
HoloSemmy wrote:
I like it than the scion version but...
Elemental reflection is impossible.

You will need to use some special setup for ele reflect. Yugul + probably Sibyl's Lament. And Sapphire flasks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info