[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

"
Lund14 wrote:
Would it be viable to take this build and just swap Armageddon brand with Fireball as a league starter`for 3.6? And swapping to fireball is there anything you would change in items / passivs?

Hi there. Good question. Here's a Trickster Fireball build link with a focus on ignite damage. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289998
I would look at that and figure out which support gems to use. Maybe you wanna use a Greater Multiple Projectiles Support for a wider/smoother mapping experience. Or maybe the prolifiation from our Elementalist ascendancy is enough and you could use that Support gem slot for a bigger dmg increase.

Without looking into PoB a fireball link with my Armageddon tree would probably be:

Fireball - Main spell
Immolate - More damage against already Burning(ignited) enemies.
Burning damage (more damage)
Deadly ailments (more damage)
Combustion (more damage)
Swift affliction (more and faster damage)

The tree should pretty much be the same except all the Brand specific nodes has to go somewhere else.
The item's could very well stay the same.

A thought on fireball vs armageddon brand.

The good thing with the brand is that is constantly reapplying itself "keeping the strongest ignite active" while with fireball you would have to manually spam fireball against let's say a boss to keep the ignites from starting and hoping for harder hits to get the best ignite possible.

This means you got tons of more time to focus on moving and dodging with armageddon brand but with fireball you would have to stand still and cast fireballs more often.

GL HF!
Last edited by seabazz on Mar 7, 2019, 7:24:12 AM
Hey would this be viable as a SSF starter or are there any must have uniques?
"
Brokenhandz wrote:
Hey would this be viable as a SSF starter or are there any must have uniques?

there are no must have uniqes. So yes I would definetly call this a SSF viable build.

the ring ofc helps with late game bossing for EE procs with the Lightning golem.

But no it's not needed.

Have a nice night!
This was my first build ever in my first league with my first ever character!

I noober-more niave me asked the community some two months ago why golems are played instead of heralds and I didn't listen.

I made some tweaks and ended up with 900k dps, 7.7k effective life, and 640k shaper dps, but the lack of golems and the addition of heralds didn't turn out well for endgame.

I did some research and it turned out (at least from what I could tell) that ignite was somewhat of a trap and you could get higher DPS from going full fire dmg and ignoring ignite.

Pastebin for reference:
https://pastebin.com/UcT2TmZU

To anyone just starting this build - my advice - take the golems!
Last edited by OverweightAnorexic on Mar 8, 2019, 1:58:02 PM
"
This was my first build ever in my first league with my first ever character!

I noober-more niave me asked the community some two months ago why golems are played instead of heralds and I didn't listen.

I made some tweaks and ended up with 900k dps, 7.7k effective life, and 640k shaper dps, but the lack of golems and the addition of heralds didn't turn out well for endgame.

I did some research and it turned out (at least from what I could tell) that ignite was somewhat of a trap and you could get higher DPS from going full fire dmg and ignoring ignite.

Pastebin for reference:
https://pastebin.com/UcT2TmZU

To anyone just starting this build - my advice - take the golems!

Yep it's true that you can get alot higher "tooltip" damage if you skip ignite and focus on the spell hit/crit damage.

However this was not the goal of this build, Instead only to be a good starter with fast/smooth clearing and I wanted to make use of the Elemental profiliation to see packs melt away.
Hello,

Really like the idea of this build, i think i will give it a try the next couple of days.

3 Question i have for the build and the new Lauge:

-If i load up the PoB Tree there are some unassigned skill points (10 i think) and 1 10+ Int nodes leads nowhere. Its on the right in the shadow area.
Is this on purpose or did something get lost with all the updates?

-What is the Defense like? Obviusly Life nodes and Mind over matter are important, anything else? Or is this a somewhat glasscanon build?

-Is this a good build to kill the endgame bosses? Or is it really more for map farming?
Last edited by Reaktorbot3 on Mar 12, 2019, 8:10:30 AM
"
Reaktorbot3 wrote:
Hello,

Really like the idea of this build, i think i will give it a try the next couple of days.

3 Question i have for the build and the new Lauge:

-If i load up the PoB Tree there are some unassigned skill points (10 i think) and 1 10+ Int nodes leads nowhere. Its on the right in the shadow area.
Is this on purpose or did something get lost with all the updates?

-What is the Defense like? Obviusly Life nodes and Mind over matter are important, anything else? Or is this a somewhat glasscanon build?

-Is this a good build to kill the endgame bosses? Or is it really more for map farming?

hello there.
Something must have disaperaed when they updated the tree a second time..

It's defense is good while mapping.
Its a mapper not a bosser.
But i killed shaper and red elder with it.

There are other armageddon brand builds out there that focus on bossing damage.
"
Reaktorbot3 wrote:

hello there.

Are you planing to update the PoB Tree Link?

Do you know know one of these bossing builds from the top of your head?
Last edited by Reaktorbot3 on Mar 12, 2019, 8:49:46 AM
"
Reaktorbot3 wrote:
"
Reaktorbot3 wrote:

hello there.

Are you planing to update the PoB Tree Link?

Do you know know one of these bossing builds from the top of your head?

https://pastebin.com/cVm25kaZ updated.

should be on poebuilds.cc if they didnt remove them.
"
seabazz wrote:

https://pastebin.com/cVm25kaZ updated.

should be on poebuilds.cc if they didnt remove them.

Thx for the help and quick replays :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info