[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

"
seabazz wrote:
"
I'm kinda new, im following this build closely, but ive been using herald of ice + herald of fire. I havent been using golemns, i was wondering, instead of golemns, can I instead run herald of ice + fire + storm, and on the skill tree, instead of going down the elementalist golem tree, i go down the herald one? Would that be ok?

or are golemns crucial to this build?

Can someone help me out?

On POE builder, i removed the golem nodes from the tree, and replaces the golem skills with the 3 heralds, the DPS went from 450 to 1811, again, I'm super new, so can someone with time on their hands explain to me why golems are better? I know they are, I'm just too new to know why ):

Hi there. The golem thing is the absolute best dps we can get with this build against end game bosses.

But in the guide i posted 2 different ascendancy choices. 1 for easier farming. 1 for endgame damage.

tbh. whatever floats your boat should be fine.
But the skilltree is only focused on damage over time and fire damage. So Herald of Ice and thunder would not add much to the build.

Also if you have Mind over Matter. We don't want to reserve mana for heralds as it lowers your effective lifepool.
You could skip all the + mana nodes and Mind over Matter and go for Phase acrobatics instead on the right side of the skilltree.

But hey! Try it out and see if you like it or not:)

I Wish you luck!

Definitly my favorite build and guide of this league, so props to you Seabazz! I just did a little hybrid tweak on ascendancy for those confused or hurting, and it helps quite a bit.

Instead of taking paragon of calamity + pendulum or destruction OR Leige of the primordial + elemancer...I chose to take, paragon of calamity + leige of the primordial.

More often than not, having elemental reflect provides a much better buffer than shock and ignite immunity. plus the 20% damage increase from one golem is overshadowed by the 40% damage increase from elemental damage. This also allows arma brand to leech life, which helps more with ignite, and the build is already so damage heavy, theres maybe 2 endgame instances where shock immunity really shows its colors. Just my take on things but if i have anything else to say, its just follow this guys guide people.

If you just read his guide, use his build tree, and follow his gear, there is no need to ask any questions, its pretty thorough.
"
Skippsy wrote:
"
seabazz wrote:
"
I'm kinda new, im following this build closely, but ive been using herald of ice + herald of fire. I havent been using golemns, i was wondering, instead of golemns, can I instead run herald of ice + fire + storm, and on the skill tree, instead of going down the elementalist golem tree, i go down the herald one? Would that be ok?

or are golemns crucial to this build?

Can someone help me out?

On POE builder, i removed the golem nodes from the tree, and replaces the golem skills with the 3 heralds, the DPS went from 450 to 1811, again, I'm super new, so can someone with time on their hands explain to me why golems are better? I know they are, I'm just too new to know why ):

Hi there. The golem thing is the absolute best dps we can get with this build against end game bosses.

But in the guide i posted 2 different ascendancy choices. 1 for easier farming. 1 for endgame damage.

tbh. whatever floats your boat should be fine.
But the skilltree is only focused on damage over time and fire damage. So Herald of Ice and thunder would not add much to the build.

Also if you have Mind over Matter. We don't want to reserve mana for heralds as it lowers your effective lifepool.
You could skip all the + mana nodes and Mind over Matter and go for Phase acrobatics instead on the right side of the skilltree.

But hey! Try it out and see if you like it or not:)

I Wish you luck!

Definitly my favorite build and guide of this league, so props to you Seabazz! I just did a little hybrid tweak on ascendancy for those confused or hurting, and it helps quite a bit.

Instead of taking paragon of calamity + pendulum or destruction OR Leige of the primordial + elemancer...I chose to take, paragon of calamity + leige of the primordial.

More often than not, having elemental reflect provides a much better buffer than shock and ignite immunity. plus the 20% damage increase from one golem is overshadowed by the 40% damage increase from elemental damage. This also allows arma brand to leech life, which helps more with ignite, and the build is already so damage heavy, theres maybe 2 endgame instances where shock immunity really shows its colors. Just my take on things but if i have anything else to say, its just follow this guys guide people.

If you just read his guide, use his build tree, and follow his gear, there is no need to ask any questions, its pretty thorough.

Thanks for the kind words:) and im glad you like it.
Yeah theres alot of changes you can do to make it fit you better.

For instance in the end of "beggining" with this i removed MoM and went for phase acro.
Saved me from some of the oneshots comming for the Syndicates.

Have a wonderful day!

For instance in the end of "beggining" with this i removed MoM and went for phase acro.

Have a wonderful day!
[/quote] Have you updated the tree or changed the pob at all or is everything still the same?
"
Skippsy wrote:

Have a wonderful day!
Have you updated the tree or changed the pob at all or is everything still the same?[/quote]

It has been updated many times. but the one in the build has always been replaced. So the one you see is up to date.

One thing I have not mentioned in the build is to replace all the + maximum mana nodes and Mind over Matter and go for Phase acrobatics if you prefer that.

Have a great day!
I'm a new player, I and jumped on this build and really love it.

My only problem is about the flasks, what's the synergy of them? When do you use which one?

Also, the second flask :
https://imgur.com/a/COQC9DE
What is this? Can't find anything like this on poe.trade :(

I'm confused.

Thanks
cinderswallow urn
"
AzraëI wrote:

My only problem is about the flasks, what's the synergy of them? When do you use which one?

Also, the second flask :

I'm confused.

Thanks

The flask has added mods in PoB to simulate the dmg from stuff that PoB normally doesn't calculate. It's a regular manaflask with anti freeze.

Life flask (Staunching) - Fast heal and anti Bleed.

Mana flask (heat) - Manareg and anti freeze.

(Offensive) Sulphur flask (warding) More damage and Anti curses.
OR
(Deffensive) Quartz Flask (warding) - Phasing (run through monsters) And Anti Curses.

Cinerswallow urn - Uniqe flask that gives tons of regen during mapping and adds onslaught and more damage.

Alchemist's quicksilver flask of adrenaline - fast movement speed.

Also if you hate Mind over matter and go for phase acrobatics instead. I would remove the mana flask and go with sulphur and quartz flask.

// Simulates the Shock with 25% shock effect, tick Taunted instead of Shocked for an accurate calculation
Enemies Taunted by you take 25% increased Damage
//Cinderswallow Urn increased damage
Nearby Enemies take 10% increased Elemental Damage
// Liege of the Primordial with 3 Golems
// 25% per summoned Golem
75% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Ice Golems
75% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Flame Golems
75% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Lightning Golems
// 20% per summoned Golem
60% increased Damage

Read more on comment page 26.

Have a nice day!

Last edited by seabazz on Feb 4, 2019, 7:14:05 AM
"
seabazz wrote:
"
AzraëI wrote:

Also, the second flask :

I'm confused.

Thanks

The flask has added mods in PoB to simulate the dmg from stuff that PoB normally doesn't calculate. It's a regular manaflask with anti freeze.

Life flask (Staunching) - Fast heal and anti Bleed.

Mana flask (heat) - Manareg and anti freeze.

(Defensive) Sulphur flask (warding) More damage and Anti curses.
OR
(offensive) Quartz Flask (warding) - Phasing (run through monsters) And Anti Curses.

Cinerswallow urn - Uniqe flask that gives tons of regen during mapping and adds onslaught and more damage.

Alchemist's quicksilver flask of adrenaline - fast movement speed.

Also if you hate Mind over matter and go for phase acrobatics instead. I would remove the mana flask and go with sulphur and quartz flask.

// Simulates the Shock with 25% shock effect, tick Taunted instead of Shocked for an accurate calculation
Enemies Taunted by you take 25% increased Damage
//Cinderswallow Urn increased damage
Nearby Enemies take 10% increased Elemental Damage
// Liege of the Primordial with 3 Golems
// 25% per summoned Golem
75% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Ice Golems
75% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Flame Golems
75% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Lightning Golems
// 20% per summoned Golem
60% increased Damage

Read more on comment page 26.

Have a nice day!

Thank you very much!
This is all very clear now :)

I just started using the Cinderswallow urn in maps and it's awesome.
On the other side, I'm dangerously squishy on single target bosses.
Would you recommand some different flasks on bosses?
[/quote]

Thank you very much!
This is all very clear now :)

I just started using the Cinderswallow urn in maps and it's awesome.
On the other side, I'm dangerously squishy on single target bosses.
Would you recommand some different flasks on bosses?[/quote]

Well it's not a facetank build and it will remain rather squishy against hard hidding enemies and bosses.

my armageddon character has around 7.2k hp. Dodge instead of MoM. It's ok but you will have to run around the bosses:)

Im using life flask.
Quartz flask
Sulphur flask
Cinderswallow urn
Quicksilver flask for everything.

If i were to go for Uber elder. But I can't recommend it with this build I would use a frost res flask.
Last edited by seabazz on Feb 2, 2019, 7:38:15 PM
hey i see some other builds use ignite proliferation in place of immolate? can you tell me why and which is better and for what reasons? to me ignite proliferation looks better on paper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info