[3.8] FreezeFinder - (Retro) [Blade Vortex + Vaal Cold snap] - [All Content]

"
memberx wrote:
The build feels very smooth atm. Lvl 81, did maps till t6 for now (f... that drop rate).

So i should switch arcane surge with added cold as i see?

My gear is real crap, better you keep your eyes closed :D Just regular drops... I know i need sceptre for shield charge, just don't have currancy to buy doryani's...

Gear

I would stick with your current setup whilst you have a mana flask. The arcanse surge does eventually work out to be BiS DPS wise also. But it's there to allow you to run without a mana flask eventually too, in conjunction with the mana / flask nodes from tree near ranger start and a level 20 Clarity.

I would just buy a cheap phys - cold scepter, or a spell damaeg dagger.
Also belt of teh deciever is a nice intermediate belt with all resist, global phys, and some crit mitigation.

Alpha's Howl is also a nice option for running hatred earlier.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 10, 2018, 8:01:56 PM
Great build, Can you please post some poe.trade examples for gear and some rings that are more entry level?

The Pandemonius amulet is huge DPS boost for us or did i something wrong in PoB? When i add "enemies are chilled" there's a huge difference.
If I may ask, what is the gem setup in your helmet? Is it for singletarget?
"
Great build, Can you please post some poe.trade examples for gear and some rings that are more entry level?

I will get round to this but currently working on my betreyal build as well as IRL is a bit hectic atm.

As far as a rough guide for starter gear for maps, Alpha's Howl Or The gul for helmet, Belt of the Deciever, Fire + lightning 2 stone rings, Tabula rasa, Hrimsorrow gloves, daresso's courage shield and atziri's step boots.

Just find a cheap dagger or scepter with some +spell or cold damage to spells.
"
memberx wrote:

The Pandemonius amulet is huge DPS boost for us or did i something wrong in PoB? When i add "enemies are chilled" there's a huge difference.

It is a decent DPS boost, the enemy is chilled is also a requirement for the Hypothermia skill gem, which is one of our most powerful multipliers, that's why you see a large increase.
Just getting started with this build but I had a vaal blade vortex drop in Act 2. I'm still fairly new to the game and figuring out what everything means. Is there any reason to NOT run the vaal blade vortex over the regular one? Thanks!
"
shinyzee wrote:
If I may ask, what is the gem setup in your helmet? Is it for singletarget?

Frost bomb is for the -cold res, Cold snap is there for a ranged chill attack taht generates frenxy charges (which suppliments our phase run)

I prefer to use a level 21 normal blade vortex and vaal cold snap as Vaal cold snap is a PBAoE damage effect, effectively stacking ontop of your BV dps.
It generates frenzy charges on single target also.
"
Just getting started with this build but I had a vaal blade vortex drop in Act 2. I'm still fairly new to the game and figuring out what everything means. Is there any reason to NOT run the vaal blade vortex over the regular one? Thanks!

It's preference, I prefer to run 1 vaal skill for soul gain consistancy, vaal cold snap suppliments the setup very well and allows you to get a level 21 blade vortex, since gem levels are very important for scaling spell damage this was my preffered option.

"
mfeeney87 wrote:
"

It's preference, I prefer to run 1 vaal skill for soul gain consistancy, vaal cold snap suppliments the setup very well and allows you to get a level 21 blade vortex, since gem levels are very important for scaling spell damage this was my preffered option.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info