[3.5] Updated Hardcore Betrayal Bax_CD's Herald of Agony Ascendant Scion HoA Beginner Friendly

This build looked really interesting and even though I'm not too well off this league, I managed to eke out most of the suggested items (although barebones versions--no 1% reduced mana reserve on jewels or good enchants/corrupts on gear--and I'm using a 5L Shavronne that 400 Chromes couldn't improve from 3G 2B) I switched to low-life at around 70, currently 72 and going smoothly. I was going to wait until I unlocked Eternal Lab and re-specced from the Witch start, but my modified tree is working out.

One problem I have is with keeping stacks up on single targets, and I'm hoping for suggestions/advice.

So far I've got reduced mana reserved to where I can keep up 6 auras on top of Herald: Haste, Hatred, Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Discipline, Vitality.

My poison/virulence keeper-upper is Lightning Ball--Poison Support--Lesser Poison Support--Reduced Mana Cost. My stats tab shows that I've got almost 50% faster cast going, but it still feels pretty clunky at times. Should I replace the RMC with Faster Cast, or is there a better way to go about this?

I've also considered Blade Vortex, is that worth a try?
Any update on your flask set up?
Why doesn't anyone use Alpha's Howl with this?

Last edited by tainium on Jan 16, 2019, 7:15:24 AM
"
rvan205 wrote:

My poison/virulence keeper-upper is Lightning Ball--Poison Support--Lesser Poison Support--Reduced Mana Cost. My stats tab shows that I've got almost 50% faster cast going, but it still feels pretty clunky at times. Should I replace the RMC with Faster Cast, or is there a better way to go about this?

I've also considered Blade Vortex, is that worth a try?
You can try Winter Orb which works well for me. It has pros and cons vs ball lightning but I like it so far.
By the way, my mana issues are solved by using winter orb with a -8 mana cost ring to make my casting cost zero. No need for the vitality tricks on Jewel or ring.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 18, 2019, 12:33:07 PM
I'm kind of a noob at PoE, but it says to basically completely change the passive spec after level 80. If you only get like 10 respec points, how are you supposed to reset the whole tree? Hopefully I didn't get 59 levels into this build only to realize it messed it all up.

Thanks! Have a great day!
"
WildJoker4851 wrote:
I'm kind of a noob at PoE, but it says to basically completely change the passive spec after level 80. If you only get like 10 respec points, how are you supposed to reset the whole tree? Hopefully I didn't get 59 levels into this build only to realize it messed it all up.

Thanks! Have a great day!
right. energy shield builds are different. Around Level 70 you basically rebuild it from life to ES. It costs respecs to do it. You can get more respecs from quests, vendors and trading.

I wouldn't generally recommend this for noobs. Building and playing as ES is different from life.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 19, 2019, 12:49:14 PM
is empower still buffing herald? i dont see a +1 marker on it (compared to if I move it over to ball lightning to compare BL says +1 from gem)

Edit: NVM - now it's showing (not sure why not earlier)
Last edited by Unshiftables on Jan 23, 2019, 11:57:15 PM
"
Unshiftables wrote:
is empower still buffing herald? i dont see a +1 marker on it (compared to if I move it over to ball lightning to compare BL says +1 from gem)

Edit: NVM - now it's showing (not sure why not earlier)
not sure what this is about.
Hi, i just started this build on hc betrayal seems like insane build, just one question about it.

How many respecc points / regrets it takes to do full coversion to low life- end game build ?

Great work man keep it up !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info