[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

Would help a ton to just see the gem to know what how high the weapon damage scales, if it has any added flat phys on the gem, whether quality gives attack speed, better aoe or something else and so on and so forth.

Scion scaling best with a ton of investment sounds about right, usually works that way, doesn't it? Especially considering meek and unnatural instict are already expensive as hell. You could even slap on hatred and get a crit watcher's eye, obviously skipping brutality that way (if you were even gonna go for that) for maximum currency burn.

Why does it have to be another 11 days, jeez. GGG are just too good at building hype.
"
ZoobieTV wrote:
Would help a ton to just see the gem to know what how high the weapon damage scales, if it has any added flat phys on the gem, whether quality gives attack speed, better aoe or something else and so on and so forth.

Scion scaling best with a ton of investment sounds about right, usually works that way, doesn't it? Especially considering meek and unnatural instict are already expensive as hell. You could even slap on hatred and get a crit watcher's eye, obviously skipping brutality that way (if you were even gonna go for that) for maximum currency burn.

Why does it have to be another 11 days, jeez. GGG are just too good at building hype.

yea. scion will not be fun to level tho, especially as league starter. disconnected tree, lots of jewel sockets, and basically requiring uber lab.

maybe ill make a noob/budget friendly deadeye guide and expensive/OP scion guide.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Nov 26, 2018, 7:43:10 AM
Pretty much what I was thinking for a starter too.
Need to see the full details and numbers for the skill though, unclear if going pure phys is the way forward or not. Getting some cold conversion plus herald of ice would be good for shattering and clear, though we should have enough evasion so porcupines aren't too bad.

If single target isn't great, we always have vaal double strike. And can swap in blade flurry/molten strike for multi phase fights/izaro if needed.

Been thinking gearing (Not even going to go over a full Farruls set, though that would be pretty awesome).

- Weapon. Depends how useful extra projectiles are going to be for single target. If they are then Beltimber seems like an obvious choice. If not then probably a good rare. Shouldn't be too hard to craft something usable with fossils.

- Chest. Ursa Yriel's Fostering is an interesting choice. But in reality it will be hard to look past loreweave. Other option would be an elder rare with crit strike to attacks. Belly is never a wrong option, but I'd be more likely to just craft a 6l with high life than try and link a belly these days.

Gloves - Maybe Haemophilia. Though we will be struggling for life anyway. So probably tombfists or rares. Oskarm is worth a look too though. Giantsbane will be nice for levelling.

Helmet - Starkonja is obvious choice. Abyssus if you want to go crazy. Starkonja should be available with helm enchants (assuming we get some) though will be pricy!

Probably rares everywhere else. Flat phys, life and resists.
"
Carlovski wrote:
Need to see the full details and numbers for the skill though, unclear if going pure phys is the way forward or not. Getting some cold conversion plus herald of ice would be good for shattering and clear, though we should have enough evasion so porcupines aren't too bad.

If single target isn't great, we always have vaal double strike. And can swap in blade flurry/molten strike for multi phase fights/izaro if needed.

Been thinking gearing (Not even going to go over a full Farruls set, though that would be pretty awesome).

- Weapon. Depends how useful extra projectiles are going to be for single target. If they are then Beltimber seems like an obvious choice. If not then probably a good rare. Shouldn't be too hard to craft something usable with fossils.

- Chest. Ursa Yriel's Fostering is an interesting choice. But in reality it will be hard to look past loreweave. Other option would be an elder rare with crit strike to attacks. Belly is never a wrong option, but I'd be more likely to just craft a 6l with high life than try and link a belly these days.

Gloves - Maybe Haemophilia. Though we will be struggling for life anyway. So probably tombfists or rares. Oskarm is worth a look too though. Giantsbane will be nice for levelling.

Helmet - Starkonja is obvious choice. Abyssus if you want to go crazy. Starkonja should be available with helm enchants (assuming we get some) though will be pricy!

yea youre on the same page as me! Because of the new master crafting stuff tho, we probably might wanna use more rares than usual. Like maybe a +1 curse elder chest and use blashphemy proj weakness + curse on hit vulnerability gloves might be cool if pure phys. Pure phys doesnt have much for aura options, so blasphemy is fine I think. Herald of purity, arctic armour, blasphemy. purity of ice is fine too.

I'm praying that shattering + Volley + AOE is huge single target damage. Really depends on how the projectiles spread

Also hoping the impale banner is good enough for us to go pure phys.

Well normally I'm not a fan of getting extra curses for damage curses, you don't need them vs trash, and not effective when you do need them, but the extra utility (bleed chance, pierce) might make it worthwhile.
Other problem with blasphemy though is the size of the radius unless you can invest a bit. Windshriek could be an option, ele damage is wasted and no life, but curse, bit of resists and curse aoe scaling.
"
Carlovski wrote:
Well normally I'm not a fan of getting extra curses for damage curses, you don't need them vs trash, and not effective when you do need them, but the extra utility (bleed chance, pierce) might make it worthwhile.
Other problem with blasphemy though is the size of the radius unless you can invest a bit. Windshriek could be an option, ele damage is wasted and no life, but curse, bit of resists and curse aoe scaling.

I know, I havent used blasphemy for several leagues now (except when leveling). But a pure phys build could be an exception. Like i said, wrath/anger, herald of ash/ice/thunder, hatred, theyre not useful.
Sounds nice. Any of u think about Guardian (Herald of Purity) with one of the two new Steel Skills?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
frankenik wrote:
can I please get a freezing pulse + volley tease/sneak peek? :) ty very much
Instead, you can have this painstakingly crafted image demonstrating the rules Volley follows for additional projectiles (even distribution, projectiles are fired symmetrically, 'extra' projectiles biased towards inner points).

Clearly this is even better than what you wanted.

This is what mark said when Volley was released. With 2x beltimber, deadeye +1 proj, and dying sun, we'd have 12 proj for shattering (3 proj at baseline). Based on the image he linked, seems like the AOE could overlap. Maybe 8 of the 10 proj will hit the boss. hmmmm

EDIT: It's 12 proj. not 10.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Nov 28, 2018, 6:44:12 AM
"
Ivan_Sorenson wrote:
Sounds nice. Any of u think about Guardian (Herald of Purity) with one of the two new Steel Skills?

guardian and minions work best with auras. But a (potentially) pure phys build have very few aura options. Also, templar is surrounded by melee and ele nodes. it doesnt synergize well probably.
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

ok. ill give u another hint. Make a pure-phys spectral throw build in POB. I say this cuz it will scale damage similarly to lancing/shattering. You'll be able to get an idea of what kind of dps u can do. Also, POB will tell u which support gems have highest dps.

EDIT: Oh wait. I was focusing on your 6link in POB. not in post. Yea, brutality, maim, viscious, crit chancce are good.

Yep these for pure phy build, which seems most logical. But I'm wondering about something else as well. Could Bleeding/poison build with Herald of Agony+Purity work??

"
Carlovski wrote:

Love your choices for gear! Starkonja is easily a great choice, yes. Abyssus will not work because it's melee crit (Unless you mean that only flat damage + armour outweigh the debuff?)

"
Hollyphantom wrote:

yea youre on the same page as me! Because of the new master crafting stuff tho, we probably might wanna use more rares than usual. Like maybe a +1 curse elder chest and use blashphemy proj weakness + curse on hit vulnerability gloves might be cool if pure phys. Pure phys doesnt have much for aura options, so blasphemy is fine I think. Herald of purity, arctic armour, blasphemy. purity of ice is fine too.

I'm praying that shattering + Volley + AOE is huge single target damage. Really depends on how the projectiles spread

Also hoping the impale banner is good enough for us to go pure phys.

Can't we simply slam some support gems for herald of Purity instead? I mean herald of Agony works well with one minion summoned, so we can run Purity in 4L and enjoy bonus damage directly from the summons. With so many hits we can easily sustain the 4 summons during bosses/uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info