3.5 Betrayal - Chieftain EH RAT - Uber Elder - Uber Atziri - HOGM - .

Hi. This is my first guide and also English is not my native language so I ask you a little patience.
In exchange I´ll give you this guide to a build that Im playing since Incursion league. I remember reading the changes to Elemental Hit(EH) and I told a guildmate that full fire conversion was going to be insane(whoa , so smart!! no one saw that coming...). A vision of ice and fire dropped from a chest on temple(Incursion league) and the corrupt chamber gave me back a 4 white sockets Frostferno so I decided it was the time to test the fire EH power. EH was obviously super strong so I linked EH on a 4 links Frostferno with 2 supports gems that mixed have 50%-52% less dmg (one of them comes 30 less attack speed too) just to see if it was THAT strong.
EH was so freaking broken that you could take any map any mod with those supports gem, you could even clear most of Hall of the Grandmaster with some little patience too. At Delve league with the same tree and gear It deals roughly 1/3 less dmg than at Incursion league but it was so broken that even with the heavy nerf you can take all content just fine.
Enough preamble, lets go:

Index:

Pros
Cons
Videos
Items
Gems
Links setup
Bandits
Early levelling
Skill Tree and PoB
Flowchart
Ascendancy
Pantheon
Annoying map mods
Gameplay advices
I want more damage!
Final words

Pros
Spoiler

• Can take anything the main game throw at you. You dont have to but you can tank most things at a Delve 300 depth.
  • Can do any map mod.
  • Your damage will allow kill super fast most of the bosses.Budget is super cheap from start up to red tier maps and you will be destroying most bosses due to your high damage output even without some of your core items.
  • You dont need a 6 link once you get your Frosferno. You dont even need a 6 sockets but its highly recommended that your bow and your body armor have 6 sockets(leveling multiple EH gems for later 20% q recipe and later vaal , quality of life for swaping auras and probably more benefits). Profit from those Jewellers and Fuses you wont be using!
  • Your damage come from totems, that mean that you barely have to target anything although better placement of them will yield better results.
  • Leveling with some key uniques items is really smooth. When I decided to start playing this I was ready to level as a Sunderboi but since lvl 19 I was playing the build basically the way you play it at endgame and again , it was really smooth.
  • It´s 100% lab self sufficient from normal to uberlab. You wont need a carry and at certain point of your leveling/gearing you can even fortify yourself for 30+sec and leap your way to Izaro ignoring everything. So if you dont want to make a dedicated uberlab farmer and it happens that you want to run uberlab , this build can make it decently fast.

Cons
Spoiler

• The clear is speed is mediocre. Mediocre isnt necessary a bad thing , it certainly clear just fine but in PoE world, zoomzoom clear is just good, anything below is bad. You can check some videos I uploaded to see if its enough for your taste. You can also read this point as the famous disclaimer you will find on most totems builds , "Totems are not for everyone"
  • Although it can do any map mod , some mods are annoying. Combine 2 or more of those annoying mods with a high tier map and you will have 100% doable without rip but hard map.
  • The totems take a little time to start attacking after placed , that will surely feel off at first if you are not used to it.
  • Untwinked gear and specially SSF are not a option, at least for me. If you want you can use it as a league starter levelling as a Sunderboi until you get 2 key uniques (the tresholds jewels) but as for SFF you will have to grind a lot and then a lot again and probably even more later :(. You cant even buy EH gem at level 10 from act 1 NPC playing as a Marauder.

Videos
Spoiler

3.5 Betrayal Videos

Old 3.4 Videos
Spoiler

Keep in mind that I dont know why the hell I wasnt using Blood Rage on some of these , it was a serious dps gimp.
Vaal Temple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McLY9XxSZag
Delve (with mods) at around depth 300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6JEmZA_xtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csm4HYVAWBI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv4J1VZKmtY
Uber Atziri/The Alluring Abyss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBX4uQ2WLvE
Red tier Elder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omJQW29HvAc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2pydBc0wio&t
The Shaper's Realm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4w9gALV8zA
Uber Elder - lots of stupid mistakes and no Bloodrage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZqWUfZZW_0
The Hall of Grandmasters
https://youtu.be/DPLGiom14DA

For fun!
Amanamu at monster lvl 82
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckp-syKX4_o
Ulaman at monster lvl 82.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7P79lYAHds
Mino , Hydra and Phoenix with Diamond Shrine :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmUAmi-jNx8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDuQKgC8PCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMvi7P1rb2M
Not that fun , Possessed Phoenix with lots of res , life and damage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRawhnjXlY

Items. What items do you need? Any alternatives?
Spoiler
Jewels
Spoiler

• Combat focus
    The 2 EH Treshold jewels are an absolutely must and for the most part , they are the reason I dont think this is SSF viable.
    An okish explanation of EH and the treshold jewel.EH will shoot either fire , lightning or cold arrows and will not shoot the same type twice in a row , all 3 types damage "will be present" on any of the 3 types arrows it shoot , but it will only do the corresponding damage type.
    The Viridian jewel effect will make that EH cannot choose to shoot lightning arrows but remember that the lightning damage "will be present" so we should find a way to convert that lightning damage (or the most of it if we can which we will and it will be converted tol fire damage)
    The Crimson jewel effect will make that EH cannot choose to shoot cold arrows.Again , we will find a way to convert that cold damage to fire.
    So with those 2 jewels on our tree , we will be shooting only fire arrows and looking to convert the lightning and cold damage that its present to fire, because the fire arrows can ONLY do fire damage. On top of that we use Avatar of fire on the tree so we will definitely doing ONLY fire damage.
  • Tempered Mind.

I´ve started playing this at Incursion league and this was cheap and easy jewel to get. It will give you a really nice boost to damage since we aim to deal lots of critical damage and the way accuracy affect crits make it incredible valuable.
    I was using two of them at first actually but 1 is enough, you can get better results from an decently rolled Abyssal Jewel and only one Tempered Mind.
    At delve it was many more times expensive than at Incursion but nothing crazy.
    It will also help you have more dex than Int so you will get the Cannot be Frozen from Cyclopean Coil belt.
    This jewel is highly recomended but you can do fine without it.
  • The Vigil

This and the setup used will give you more than 30 seconds of Fortify. You will be using Vigilant Strike to get Fortify on very speciffic situation but it will worth it.
  • Abyssal jewel.

You can put this at the place of the 2nd Tempered jewel that I discarded while playing this on Incursion or just take the 2 skills points you need to get there and put them in somewhere else or you can put a Watcher's Eye with bonus to Haste and Purity of ice , its up to you.
    The best possible rolled Abyssal jewel is recomended

Helm
Spoiler

• Frostferno

The build can work without it but its benefits are huge so this is core and I wont be recommending other options beside a leveling helm.
    Probably most people overestimated how hard the nerf to the treshold jewels were going to hit or overstimated how much of a diference a +2 corrupt on it make , which made getting a corrupted Frostferno on Delve league fairly cheap.
    For start get it with 4 LINKED sockets with 2 red sockets , 1 blue socket , the other socket can be white(best option) or yellow. Keep in mind that you wont be able to modify the links or colours of sockets on a corrupted Frostferno unless you have Vorici at lvl 8 so be careful when buying this.
    The most important things of this item is that it will give 4 levels to an EH placed on it.
    It will also convert 50% of the cold damage that its present on the fire arrows to fire damage.
  • Goldrim

This is recommended for leveling but its not really needed.This is bis at early leveling , it gives you a lot of resistances , evasion and you can equip it as soon as you kill Hillock and get to your stash. As soon as you can replace with Frostferno when you meet the level requirement.

Weapons
Spoiler

• Chin Sol. Recommended.

EH is a hard hitter and the 100% more damage at close range of this bow is huge, and you dont need to be at close range to get that bonus , your totems have to.
    This will be your weapon when you are fighting bosses. This is core.
  • Arborix. Recommended

You can use the recipe (Beltimber Blade + Grelwood Shank + 1 fuse) to get a cheap bow that fire 3 arrow. It will make your clearing speed so much faster and since no one want that thing (or the recipe parts) it will be a massive clear speed for a cheap price.
    You have to keep swaping Chin Sol for bosses and Arborix for clear. Chin Sol with +1 arrow or Skirmish with +1 arrow will clear just fine but it will be a lot more expensive than getting an Arborix and you should be spending currency on other upgrades first.
    You can clear Delve at 300 depth or a tier 16 Vaal temple/guardian or Elder map easy with this.
    Reach of the Council orDeath Opus will work too but they are harder to get and more expensive.
    They will work ok but Arborix is better. It might feel off at first for the inconsistency on the move speed that the Arborix buff give but you will get used to it fast and once you are minmaxing and getting your +1 arrow Chin Sol and +1 arrow Skirmish for the quality of life (no more swaping bows) you will miss the buff.
    You can ditch Arborix and use a Rain of Splinters jewel but you will loose some boss damage and a jewel slot on your tree while gaining the "no more swaping bows" quality of life. You can use a Dying Sun but its expensive and you loose space for an utility mod.
  • Quill rain
    This is great for leveling until you can equip Chin Sol/Arborix. Before swaping to our core bows you can use Xoph´s Inception if you have it but dont spend currency on that , you will do fine with Quill rain.
  • Skirmish. Recommended and BIS

Most important thing about this item is dirt cheap but will allow you to place an extra EH shooting totem and will obvioulsy make huge difference on dps.You can try any other quiver you want and probably even make it work but you will be back to this almost immediately. This is core.
  • Brightbeak

You will carry this on the alternate swap to make Leap slam go fast. Then you can press your hotkey to swap to them and backtrack fast , do fast Uberlabs , fast clear prophecies that makes you go back to the acts ,etc.
    Also a melee attack is needed to get your Fortify buff. It will last 30+ secs with the setup we use so its not that clunky and is used in very specific situations, but in my experience its totally worth investing on it.
  • The Princess

This is paired with Brightbeak and will help to make your Leap Slam go faster. Both weapons are pretty common drops and are fairly cheap to get.
    You can choose a shield over this and use Shield Charge instead of Leap Slam if you like it more. I like Leap Slam even when gettting desync with it is pretty common.
  • The Screaming Eagle

This is just for early leveling. Smite will do more than enough damage with this.

Amulets and rings
Spoiler

• Yoke of Suffering. Recommended and BIS

This is mostly used to make your totem´s fire damage have a chance to shock, because EH do a 10% more damage on a shocked target on top of the increased damage that most things take while being shocked.The impact this have even if you replace a really good rare amulet is clearly noticeable so this is core.
  • Rare Amulet
    If it help you cap your res, have as much life as possible and any damage mod it will be fine before swaping to Yoke of Suffering.
    Be careful if it have dex or you could fail the required Dex of Chin Sol when you swap to Yoke of Suffering.
  • Karui Ward

This is the recommended amulet to use while leveling. You can equip it at level 5 and everything on it is great and you will love that extra Dex that will allow you to equip Chin Sol as soon as you meet the level requirement.Be careful of that Dex you will loose when you swap to Yoke of Suffering.
  • Rare rings . Recommended and BIS
    Use them to cap your elemental resistances. Try as hard as possible to have your elemental resistances capped. Also get as much life on your rings as you can.
    Then you can get any mods like Increased elemental damage with attack skills , accuracy , attack speed , fire damage , critical chance.
    Recomended bases for rings are Opal , Diamond or Two-stoned but take whatever you can get.
  • Call of the Brotherhood

One of this was bis at Incursion but with the nerf to the Treshold jewels they are not anymore. But they are still ok if you dont have a nice rare.
  • Mark of the Elder.

If you pair it with a shaper ring you will get a really high damage bonus but this ring doesnt have any resistances on it and it will make harder or more expensive to cap your resistances.
  • Pyre.

You dont need this at all but we have 100% chance of Ignite and with this ring the corpses of the mobs will be destroyed. You might be insterested on that.

Gloves
Spoiler

• Tombfist.Recommended and BIS

1 Abyssal socket is just fine but ofc 2 Abyssal sockets are better.Put a Murderous Abyss Jewel if you need more damage , put a Searching Abyss Jewel if you feel your damage is ok , the Maim will be useful at slowing down even more the bosses that dont dont die instantly (mostly t16 bosses). Put one of each if you have a 2 abyssal socket Tombfist.
    I also recommend getting some chance to blind mod on your Abyssal jewels.
  • Rare gloves
    Any rare with life , attack speed or other damage mods will do fine , just try as hard as you can to not rely on them to cap your resistances because you will swap to Tombfist (they have no resistances) as soon as you get them and you wont be coming back.

Belt
Spoiler

• Cyclopean Coil. Recommended.

If we take in account the benefits we got from this, the price or how often it drops from the Elder , this is the best of the best of the best. It give you a lot of life , it will help you to get that dex needed to equip Chin sol , if you are following the recommended tree and items you will also have immunity to freeze and ignite and it will give around 40% increased damage.
    Took Uber Elder down with this equipped , you dont need anything better but you can have something better if you pay for it. You will have to spend a lot of time and money to get a Stygian belt and a jewel that can take on all the benefits that Cyclopean Coil gives you.
  • Rare Stygian Belt. BIS

A best as possible rolled (life , resistances , damage)rare Stygian Vise belt with a well rolled jewel socketed on it is BIS but you will probably have to pay a lot for it.
    With this you will also need a remove/inmune to freeze mod on flask and might need a remove/immune to Ignite flask.
  • Perseverance

This is a nice alternative since it will give you Onslaught while you have Fortify and our setup will make Fortify last 30+ seconds.
    The problem is that you will probably get Cyclopean Coil drop more than a couple of times before getting this and Cyclopean Coil is better.

Boots
Spoiler

• Rare boots. Recommended

Any rare that have the most Increased move speed possible , the most life and help you cap your resistances . Better yet if you can get Shaper/Elder boots with Increased Totem Damage mod.
  • Wonderlust

This are great for leveling and Im counting on the dex on this for the early leveling guide . You will need to add a remove/immune to freeze mod on flask after you swap them if you arent using Cyclopean Coil belt.

Body armour
Spoiler

• Tabula Rasa

Beside the 2 tresholds jewels that are MUST, this should be the very first choice to spend currency if you dont have it already.
    It will make your leveling supersmooth. You can even take The Atlas easily until red maps without having to invest on a Frostferno.
    This is one of the best currency/time farming for it spent or lucky drop you can get early on a league , you will be using this while leveling on almost any build and so if you dont like this you can take your Tabula and try another build.
    Swap to another Body Armour when you equip your Frostferno and remember that you dont need any 6 links , just try to get them with as much sockets as possible.
  • The Perfect Form. Recomended.

This is incredible good and its fairly cheap to get. The extra tankiness you get from free Arctic Armour buff and the Phase Acrobatics are great.
    It also comes with a -30% cold resistance which will help using a lvl 20 Purity of Ice and still get more cold damage reduction from The Wise Oak flask buff which is super good for delve/Elder/Uber elder fight/Ice nova accidents from strongboxes. More on this later.
    Also comes with decent life and the extra dex will help you with the Chin Sol / Arborix requirements.
    Dropped Chilled Ground from Arctic Armour will help you on some bosses to get the 10% more damage against chilled enemies for EH right at the first shot.
  • Loreweave.

Most probably you will need to spend a lot to get the best or close to the best rolls. You can have your resistances at 80% which is great.
    Anything that comes with this armour is in range from ok to great for our build and since you dont need any Purity , you can still use Arctic Armour.
    The problem with this is that you loose Phase acrobatics. You will have to change thetree path to get it or loose it. It wont be bad at all but in my experience The Perfect Form is better and cheaper.
  • Kaom's Heart.

Tons of life, armour and some extra dmg? This is great but you wont have any socket on it and again , you will loose Phase Acrobatics.
    You will also have to give up on Arctic armour when you swap to Purity of Fire for Guardian of the Phoenix , Purity of Lightning when fighting The Eradicator or Purity of Ice when Fighting Uber Elder.
    I will take a good rolled Loreave every time and of course I will take The Perfect Form instead of this but it's a really solid option. The life amount you get from this is massive.
  • Belly of the Beast.

This linger as one of the most solid body armours on the game. It will give you a lot of life that will keep scaling as your character level up. It also have elemental resistances. Its a decent choice if you cant get your hands on The Perfect Form/Loreweave/Kaom's Heart or get a lucky Belly drop early at the league.
  • Rare Body Armour.
    Any decently rare armour that have the most life possible and help you cap your resistances will do just fine.

Flasks
Spoiler

• The Wise Oak
    You will need to balance your resistances to take advantage of this flask
    An okish explanation of what is uncapped fire resistance is ,it is the combination of all your sources of Fire resistance , like all your fire resistance on your rings, amulets, boot, skill tree , purity auras , flasks , etc. Same concept with uncapped cold or lightning resistances.
    Your fire resistance must be the highest uncapped resist(the one between parentheses on your character status screen).That way we have extra fire penetration on monsters resistances while we are under the effect of The Wise Oak , which will boost our damage.
    The effective resistance (the one that is not between parentheses on your character status screen)is what its used to calculate the damage you take from elemental sources of damage. Its valor is your uncapped resistance but normally limited at 75%. We will increase that limit with things like Purities auras , Loreweave armor and flasks.
    We aim to have 79% effective cold resist. We need to have at least 79% uncapped cold resistance and a lvl 20 Purity of Ice active but at the same time we want our uncapped cold resistance to be the lowest one. That way we have a lot of cold damage mitigation while using The Wise Oak which will be very useful while fighting Elder / Uber Elder or going to Delve.
    You can use a Loreweave that sets your limit for effective resistances at 80% if you get the best roll and you wont need to use any purity aura.
    Note that if your 3 types of elemental resistances have the same uncapped amount , all 3 will count as lowest and highest uncapped resistance and all 3 will get the bonus from The Wise Oak.
  • Life flask
    Since we wont be using this that much you can replace it with a Writting Jar if you fear getting near enemies to get the Fortify buff.It still good to have a Life flask and you can roll a really useful utility mod (remove bleed)on it that you cant have on a Wriitng Jar.Try to roll Catalysed or Panicked on it.
  • Forbiden Taste
    You can use this instead of a Life flask. You will have a lot of life regen and the totems leech a lot of life too so you wont feel the drawback of the chaos dps when you use it. Having your whole life instant replenished at the press of a key can be very useful. Again, you will loose the ultility mod you can have on a Life Flask :(.
  • Blood of the Karui.
    You can use this instead of a life flask too but its expensive and complete unnecessary. No utility mod on this again.
  • Granite flask
    It will give a lot of physical damage mitigation , more than a Basalt Flask.
    It will also give some extra armor to your totems if you choose Tukohama instead of Tawhoa.
  • Diamond Flask
    Nice boost to our damage. Remember that we aim to hit as much crits as possible.
  • Quicksilver Flask
    Extra movement speed that we need since our movement skill have a cooldown which makes it pretty bad and we will running most of the time.
  • Get all flask to 20% quality and get Experimenter mod on Granite , Diamond and Quicksilver for increased duration.
    Get remove/immune to curses on your quicksilver since its the flask that will last longer and you will want this immunity to run annoying curses mods on maps.
    Get Remove/immune to bleeding on the life flask and you will probably want to have remove/immune to freeze and Remove/immune to Ignite on any of the other magic flasks unless you are using The Cyclopean Coil belt.

Gems
Spoiler
  • EH.
    Get this and any other gem you need as soon as you can. You wont be able to buy this at act 1 npc as a Marauder so you might have to buy it as another class or ask someone else to buy it for you.
    EH damage scales A LOT with levels so try to get this to at least lvl 20.
    As soon as you get a free socket to spare on your gear put an EH on there and level it so when it reaches lvl 20 you can use the recipe to get it back to lvl 1 but at 20% quality. This is the cheapest option to get your 20/20 EH but ofc it takes time. You will probably need a lot of 20/20 to get your 21/20 EH with a Vaal Orb. Might sound rough but at some point I was leveling 5 EH hit gems at the same time without having to make any significant sacrifice on the gems link setup so is not that rough and you can make some profit at early on the league selling corrupted 20/20 gems.
  • Ranged Attack Totem(RAT).This support gem will place totems that use EH attack. Get this gem to at least lvl 20 and with 20% quality if you have gcp to spare. Vaal it when you get it to 20/20 and if it fails keep using that failed one, dont waste your time trying to get this to 21/20. Do it when your are minmaxing things.
  • Combustion.
    This support gem will be a really good dps boost to our EH and reduce ignited targets resistance to fire.
    It will also make our EH have 100% chance to ignite(unless you get a certain annoying map mod) so if you choose Tawhoa over Tukohama on your ascendency skill points, you will be at max Endurance charges most of the time while clearing maps.
    Get this to 20/20 and only take it to 21/20 when you start minmaxing.
  • Elemental damage with attacks
    You will use this support gem for boss fights and it will increase EH damage a lot.You will need a white socket on your Frostferno.
    Get this to 20/20 and only take it to 21/20 when you start minmaxing.
  • Chain
    You will use this support gem for clearing maps and it will increase our clear speed a lot.
    Get this level 20 , adding quality to this barely makes any difference and getting this to level 21 is just a minmax thing, you wont need it at all.
  • Pierce
    You will be using it on your Tabula Rasa before you can equip Frostferno.
    This is also an excellent alternative to Chain support.Get this to 20/20 if you decide to use this instead of Chain.
  • Slower Projectiles
    You will use this support gem as an alternative for Elemental damage with attacks if you dont have a white socket on your Frostferno. Note that Elemental damage with attacks is better but Slower Projectiles is good enough.
    Get this to 20/20 if you are using it but If you can use Elemental damage with attacks (1 white socket Frosfterno) dont waste your time leveling it.
  • Cast when damage taken
    You will use this support gem to trigger Immortal Call and Temporal Chains. It will trigger only from hits, dot damage doesnt affect this gem.
    Getting this lvl 2 is enough but you can level it a little more and gain some minor benefits with very minor drawback. Note that the lvl of this gem will affect the max lvl and effects of your Immortal Call and Temporal Chains.
    Feel free to experiment with this gem level if you know what you are doing or just leave at lvl 2 if you dont and use lvl 4 Immortal Call and lvl 6 Temporal chains.
    There´s no need to quality this gem.
  • Immortal call.
    This will be autocasted when you take the ammount of damage from hits that the your Cast when damage taken requires. It will make you immune to physical damage for a short duration. Things like the level of this gem and the amount of Endurance charges you have at the moment of the Immortal Call trigger affect the duration of this buff.
    This will make you safe against Porcupines explosions and allows you to leech back your lost life while being mostly safe or give enough time to run away if you have to.
    Feel free to experiment with the level of this gem if you know what you are doing. If you dont , get this to lvl 4 along with Cast when damage taken at lvl 2.
    There´s no need to quality this gem
  • Temporal chains.
    This will be autocasted when you take the ammount of damage required by your Cast when damage taken. It will curse enemies at an aoe around the enemy that make Cast when damage trigger it. The most important thing about this is that the curse heavily slowdown anyone affected by it.
    Feel free to experiment with the level of this gem if you know what you are doing. If you dont get this to lvl 6 along with Cast when damage taken at lvl 2. Quality this to 20%
  • Blood rage
    This will boost your dps and Leap slam speed.You will also use it to activate the 50% increased recovery from Arakaali Pantheon .It does have a noticeable drawback but you have a lot hp regen that nullifies it (unless you get some annoying mods rolled on a map) and also your totems damage leech a lot of life to you.Get this to 20/20
  • Summon Ice Golem.
    This golem will give you additional accuracy , critical strike chance and will help you getting the chill status on your enemies that will give your EH a 10% more damage against them.
    Later on it might be no that good but its still your best choice for a golem.Get this to level 20.[li]
    [li]Ice shot.
    You will use it to chill your enemies. EH will do 10% more damage against enemies chilled and also enemies will move slower while chilled.
    You will barely make any damage with this (actually your Mirage Archer will , not you... mmmmm)so leave it at lvl 1 if you want or take to 20 and see if you can make a profit from this and buy a lvl 1 again.
    Also you will use it cull enemies with your Culling strike support gem and as a plus you will gain some Frenzy charges while under the effect of Blood Rage while clearing maps.No need to quality this.
  • Mirage Archer.
    You will use this support gem linked to Ice shot, so you will have a reliable way of chilling enemies without having to be constantly using Ice shot.
    You wont have a really noticeable difference with this at lvl 1 or lvl 20 but 20% quality does make some minor difference. Also you can definitely profit from this so level it up to 20 and use the recipe to get it 1/20. Level it up again an sell it and get a new one and repeat the process if you want.
  • Greater Multiple Projectiles.
    This support gem linked to your Ice shot so you wont have to aim that much to get your enemies chilled. This have exactly the same aproach as Mirage Archer on the level and quality subject.
  • Blink arrow.
    When I think about bows and a rellocate skill I intuitively think about Blink arrow and mostly thats why Im using it. I got used to it even tho it kinda suck , you should use Flame dash.
    Flame dash isnt perfect at all but its arguably better.
  • Haste.
    This aura will increase your attack speed giving you more dps and also increase your move speed.Get the Vaalv version so you can also get a brief but really powerful dps boost that will help you against bosses.
    Level this to 20 , quality is not needed.
  • Purity of Ice
    This aura will take your effective cold resistance to 79% when you level it to 20. Its great for Elder/Uber Elder or Delve since you want to have as much mitigation against cold damage as you can on those situations.
    Level this to 20, quality is not needed.
  • Arctic armour
    This buff will make you a tank a lot more. Its free if you use The Perfect Form and you will drop Chilled Ground which will help you to chill enemies.
    With this , Temporal chains and Maim , enemies will be slowed a lot if they hit you.If they are rares/uniques they will also be slowed by Cover in ashes from your ascendency.Take this to 20/20.
  • Purity of lightning
    This aura will take your effective lightning resistance to 79% when you level it to 20.You will use this aura to fight The Eradicator.With this and 5k life pool and your 30+ sec Fortify plus your totems leeching life to you , you can face tank him at T16 maps but you dont even have to.If you are still levelling you might also need to replace the Quick Silver flask for a Topaz Flask with increased duration if possible.
    You might need use this to fight Esh if you are low level and dont have all your core items yet.
    Get this to lvl 20 , no need to quality.
  • Purity of fire
    This aura will take your effective fire resistance to 79% when you level it to 20.
    You will use this aura to fight the Guardian of the Phoenix.
    You can also use this to fight The Purifier but is not really needed against him. Get this to lvl 20, no need to quality.
  • Enduring cry
    This just adds some minor utility , it let you have at least 1 endurance charge at bosses fights that have phases.
    You will regen some extra life when you use it if there are enemies nearby , like those those sentinel traps on the lab ;).
  • Vigilant strike
    You will use this with your melee weapons to gain Fortify for 30+ secs. If you mess up you can bypass the cooldown and attack again but it will cost 1 endurance charge. If you dont have any Endurance Charge you can use Enduring cry and try again.
    Note that when you switch your melee weapons all your EH totems placed will disappear.
  • Fortify
    This will support your Vigilant strike and will be one of the reasons that the Fortify buff will last 30+ seconds
    Level this to 20 and get 20% quality if you have some gpc to spare.
  • Leap slam
    Use this to move fast. You can use it to stack vortex on top of eachother at the Uber Elder fight and quickly get out of the degen/slow aoe.
    Note that when you switch your melee weapons all your EH totems placed will disappear.
    No need to quality and levels on it wont make a difference for us.
  • Faster attack
    This will support Leap attack and will make it go faster.
    Level this to 20 and get 20% quality if you have some gpc to spare.
  • Blood Magic
    This will support Leap attack and will make it use life instead of mana.Get this lvl 20

Gem links
Spoiler
Might be obvious if you are not new to the game , but for support gems to affect skills both the skill and the support MUST be in LINKED sockets on the same item.
  • Put Vigilant strike + Fortify together on either the melee weapons.
  • Put Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Bloodmagic together on the other melee weapon.
  • If you want to use Shield Charge instead of Leap Slam , swap The Princess for a shield and ofc swap Leap Slam for Shield Charge.
  • Put EH+RAT+Combustion+Elemental damage with attacks on your Frostferno for boss fights.Swap Elemental damage with attacks for Chain Support for clearing maps, 1 white socket is needed.
  • If you dont have a 1 white socket Frostferno , put EH+RAT+Combustion+Slower Projectiles for boss fights. Swap Slower Projectiles for Chain for clearing maps.
  • If you dont like to swap gems before and after boss fights, put EH+RAT+Combustion+Pierce on your Frostferno. You will gimp your damage but you probably can still take Uber Elder if you know what you are doing and have good enough gear and level.
  • Put Cast when damage taken+Immortal call+Temporal chains.
  • Put Ice shot+Mirage archer+Culling Strike+Greater multiple projectiles. Since all these gems only need to be at lvl 1 I recommend to put this on your boss bow (Chin Sol) and second set of gems on your clear bow(Arborix). That way you when you swap your bows you will keep the Ice shot setup.

Additionaly you want:
  • A socket to place Blink arrow , if you can put it linked with your Ice shot and its supports you will get a very minor benefit.
  • A socket to place Purity of Ice
  • A socket to place Bloodrage
  • A socket to place Summon Ice Golem
  • A socket to place Arctic Armour
  • A socket to place Haste
  • A socket to place Enduring cry

Any other extra socket you have can be used to level up extra gems or to store Purities gems for easier swaping auras.

If you use Kaom's Heart you will need to ditch some gems because you wont have enough sockets. Good choices to ditch will probably be Arctic armour since you wont be able to use it along Purity of Ice and Haste. Ice Golem is not that useful late game.You can get away without Greater Multiple Projectiles and Enduring cry. Its not my recommended body armour , feel free to experiment with it.

Bandits
Spoiler
Help Alira(recommended) or kill them all and take the points. Helping Alira means easy resistances , and mana regen which are great for our build at any stage of the game and the crit multi bonus will increase one of our main source of damage since we want to crit heavy and as much as we can.
Killing them all might allow you to allocate an extra jewel slot on the tree but unless you really know what you are doing help Alira.
EH RAT Chieftain guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2251276
Last edited by kikeuy on Dec 14, 2018, 12:18:44 AM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2018, 12:17:07 AM
Early Leveling
Spoiler
If you dont have that much experience with the game you might want to read a levelling guide since I only will be giving some advices without going into much detail.
You might have a strict loot filter so you wont see any flask drops but you should upgrade your equipped life and mana flask everytime you can so you should change your loot filter settings.
You will aim to get to lvl 19 and make your skill tree to look like this:
Spoiler

If you have experience with PoE you might want to skip this levelling section and use the PoB and the Flowchart section.
Kill Hillock and go to your stash and take and equip Tabula , Wanderlust and at least 1 quicksilver flask and Smite , Chance to Bleed and Onslaught gems and put them on your Tabula and take Pierce gem and put it on another item socket to start levelling it. If you dont have the gems at your stash buy a Smite from Nessa and put it on the Tabula along with the Ruthless that you get from the Twilight Strand.
The Smite damage is nuts and its all you need for the very first levels.
From now every time you have the chance to do a quest that give you a book of skill you have to do it.
Level up any gem you have equipped as soon as you can.
If you dont have on your stash all the gems needed go kill Hailrake , take the Medicine Chest to Nessa. Now you can buy Chance to bleed and Onslaugth from her. Put them on your Tabula. If you already have this gems equipped you can skip this quest.
Usually you just want to hit once or twice someone on a pack of enemies and keep moving forward. Bleeding enemies left behind will die , the other wont but its the most efficient way to level up. If you are kinda new to the game I´m pretty sure you will want to kill everything you see, go and have fun , do it!
When you get to the Submerged Passage talk to Tarkleigh and choose Ancestral Protector as the gift. You can start using it at lvl 4 , put it on your Tabula . Use it when you a see pack of enemies , Smite once and keep running.
Once you reach lvl 5 equip Karui ward amulet.
Once you reach lvl 6 you can equip The Screaming Eagle axe. Smite with this weapon will destroy everything it touch.
After you kill Brutus you can take Leap Slam as a prize from Tarkleigh and buy Added fire damage and Combustion if you didnt have them stored on your stash. You can start using Added fire damage and Combustion at lvl 8 , put them on your Tabula and swap Ancestral protector to another item or drop it.
You can start using Leap Slam at lvl 10 , it wont help you move fast yet but you can jump cliffs with it.
Also at lvl 8 you should equip RAT and Lesser Multiple Projectiles. You wont be using them yet but you can level them. You cant buy them from a NPC until act 3 so you will need to take it from your stash. Also get Added fire Damage support and put it on your Tabula.Click on the skill slot where you want your Leap Slam and check Always attack without moving, trust me!
Spoiler

At lvl 10 you can equip The Princess. Go with both The Screaming Eagle and The Princess.
At level 12 you can equip EH . You wont be using it but you can level it. As a Marauder you cant buy it from a NPC until act 3 so you will need to take it from your stash.
Also at lvl 12 you can start using Static strike. You can buy from Nessa after killing Merveil. Take off Smite from your Tabula and put this in its place. You will hit once or twice with Static strike and while you have the buff from it will you kill most things just by walking near them.
At lvl 16 you can equip Herald of ash. You can get it from Greust in act 2 as a prize after you save Helena at The Chamber of Sins . Use this , it will reserve mana after become active and then the hit once and run while everything else near you die will get stronger.
At level 18 you can equip Cold to fire . You wont be using it yet but you can level it. As a Marauder you cant buy it from a NPC until act 3 so you will need to take it from your stash.
At level 19 you can start playing basically the same way you will be playing at end game. If you are having fun with Static Strike keep it and have as much fun as you can but note that your current skill tree is shaped to start using RAT EH as soon as possible so you might have problems fighting bosses/normal Izaro as a melee character with a non optimal tree.
If you took and use all the Skill books from quest so far your tree should look like the pic at the begining of this Early levelling section.
Put the two treshold on the tree sockets that we have unlocked (it doesnt matter which gem goes on which socket) and equip your Quill rain and Skirmish. Put EH , RAT , Cold to fire , Pierce , Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Combustion on your Tabula for clearing and swap Lesser Multiple Projectiles to Elemental damage with attacks for bosses.Check Always attack without moving for this skill. Keep using Herald of ash.
You can also have right now your Ice shot - Mirage Archer - Culling strike setup for the chill that will give you extra damage and slow your enemies. You cant use Greater Multiple Projectiles yet but you can put a Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support on its place until you meet the level requirement. You dont really need this setup right now but EH will do 10% more damage against chilled enemies and slow them so if you have the links ready on your bow , helm , gloves or boots use them.
The gameplan is to place your totems ahead of you and they will kill everything. If you already helped Alira you will have extra mana reg as prize and also more mana regen from your Skirmish and Wanderlust so you shouldnt have mana problems but have one mana flask ready to use just in case.
If you have your Ice shot setup ready use it if it doesnt cause mana problems. Check Always attack without moving for this skill.
At level 20 you can take Ancestral Bond on your tree and now you can have 3 EH totems placed at the same time.
At level 21 you will take a 30 dex node until you dont need it anymore and can respec since you can level up your EH to lvl 4 but you might wont have enough dex without that nod and even if you have enough Dex now you might have problems later.
You need to reach act 3 to do the normal lab. Do it as soon as you can. It will be your hardest fight against Izaro(unless you jump at cruel lab right at lvl 40 and merc lab right at lvl 60 before you can equip Chin Sol)but you are a playing a totem build, it will be easy enough to do it long before lvl 30 , just place totems and run. After you ascend as Chieftain and take Ngamahu as a prize you will notice that your totem are doing A LOT of damage. From now on you will not only kill but destroy everything that stands on your way. Might be that first ascendancy points or EH starting to level up but after normal lab and until maps the only fights that will offer a little challenge will be against Solaris and Lunaris and maaaaaybe The Brine King. Cruel Izaro? easy. The Trinity? easy. Argus at the Merc lab? easy. Izaro at Merc lab? easy. Kitava? easy.
You dont need early levelling advices from now on. Just keep going throug the acts and check your level and the corresponding POB to know where to put the skills points on the tree and also check the flowchart I´ll put so you know when to equip or swap gear and gems.

Skill tree and PoB

Lvl 1 to lvl 19
Spoiler

Lvl 20 to lvl 40
Spoiler
PoB - https://pastebin.com/CW1C50fc
Pic
Spoiler

Note that if you have the very worst dex rolls on your leveling items you might have to skill Versatility instead of Heart of the Warrior for that extra 20 Dex or else you will have Dex problems for level up Haste.
At lvl 40 you can do Cruel lab but its a lvl 53 zone and you will be very underleveled. There's no need to rush it so I recommend getting some more levels for you and your gems but you can do it at lvl 40 if you want.

Lvl 41 to lvl 62
Spoiler
PoB - https://pastebin.com/x4wAT4vv
Pic
Spoiler

First get Versatility if you dont have it yet and go to Warrior's Blood and Quick Recovery. After that you can start using Bloodrage without having life draining problems and also you wont have any mana problems, so swap the Mana flask for a Diamond Flask. At this point cruel lab should be easy , do it.
At Lvl 60 you can equip Frostferno. Its not really needed until around yellow tier maps but if you equip it you can swap Tabula for a better armour. You have the gems link on the links section.
At lvl 62 if you dont have the tree as show in the pic then you probably missed some Book of skill quest and you should complete them all.
If you have the tree as show in the pic you can equip Arborix for clear and Chin Sol for bosses even if you have the lowest Dex rolls on your Wanderlust and Karui Ward.
Drop Lesser multiple projectiles from your Tabula and put Elemental damage with attacks on its place since you will using Arborix for clear and it shoot 3 arrows.The gems on your Tabula should be EH ,RAT , Cold to fire , Pierce , Elemental damage with attacks and Combustion. At this point merc Lab should be easy if you dont let Izaro hit you and He wont have much time to do it since He will die fast.
Note that using Slower Projectiles instead of Pierce will give you more dps for boss fights so If you are ok with swaping gems , do it.

Lvl 63 to Lvl 100
Spoiler
PoB - https://pastebin.com/S9D4sNUs
Pics
Spoiler

Spoiler

This PoB is my actual Chieftain RAT EH at Delve league.
At lvl 63 you can take put Fury Bolts on your tree, its just 1 skill point.
From here you will be choosing more dmg or more life , its up to you.
This are PoB numbers for reference with only 2 of the recommended items (Chin Sol and Skirmish). You might have different results depending on the items equipped so if you know what are doing and are familiar with PoB you will use it to ensure the optimal path on your tree.
-------------------
Damage Nods from higher to lower dps gain.
Primeval Force - 6 skill points
Shaman's Dominion -8 Skill points
Lethality - 6 skills points , 4 if you took Primeval Force before
Celestial Judgement - 3 skill points
Tempered Mind Cobalt Jewel - You will use 2 skill points to allocate this. Do it around lvl 70 when your chance to hit drop to less than 90%.
-------------------
Life Nods.
Constitution wheel nod - 30% Inc Max Life - 6 Skill points
Golem's Blood - 15% Inc Max Life + 10 Str + 1,6 Life regen per sec - 3 Skills points - 1 Skill point more for 5% Inc Max life
Thick Skin - 14% Inc Max Life + 10 Dex + 8% chance to avoid elemental ailments - 3 Skill points
More Skill tree things.
At some point you want connect your starting point to Warriors's Blood taking 5 Life and Armor basic passives and respec the 3 first point we take when we starting this character.
At some Point(probably when you go for Shaman's Dominion) you will need to put an int nod (marked on the pic) and then you can respec 3 str nods. Dont Forget to respec the 30 Dex nod that we used early on.
At some point you want to put The Vigil jewel on your tree for that 30+secs of Fortify(check the pic or the PoB). I recommend to have it ready for your first Elder and Guardians encounter.

Flowchart

Green = better if you equip now but mostly you can do it later without problems.
Yellow = you can skip for the moment but you will gimp yourself now or soon by not equipping it.
Red = it's highly recommended that you equip this as soon as possible.

Spoiler
Lvl 2
Tabula Rasa - Wanderlust - Smite - Chance to bleed - Onslaugth - Ruthless -Ice shot -Pierce
Lvl 4
Ancestral Protector - Mirage Archer - Vigilant Strike
Lvl 5
Karui ward - Quill Rain
Lvl 6
The Screaming Eagle
Lvl 8
Added Fire Damage - RAT - Combustion - LMP -The Wise Oak
Lvl 10
The Princess - Leap Slam - Blink Arrow
Lvl 12
Drop Smite and start using Static Strike - equip EH
Lvl 16
Herald of Ash - Blood rage - Arctic Armour - Enduring Cry
Lvl 18
Elemental Damage with attacks - Cold to Fire - Culling Strike - Faster Attacks
Lvl 19
Skirmish- Both Combat Focus treshold jewels - Equip your Quill Rain and start using EH. Put EH , RAT , Cold to fire , Pierce , Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Combustion on your Tabula for clearing and swap Lesser Multiple Projectiles to Elemental damage with attacks for bosses. Keep using Herald of ash.
Lvl 20
Brightbeak (swap for The Screaming Eagle)
Lvl 24
Haste - Purity of Ice - Purity of Lightning - Purity of Fire -Temporal Chains
Lvl 31
Fortify
Lvl 34
Immortal Call - Summon Ice Golem
Lvl 36
Tombfist
Lvl 38
Cast When Damage Taken - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Chain
Lvl 60
Frostferno
Lvl 62
Chin Sol - Arborix
Lvl 65
The Perfect Form
Lvl 68
Cyclopean Coil
Lvl 70
Yoke of Suffering - Put Tempered Mind Cobalt jewel on your tree.
Before your first encounter against the Elder Guardians you should put The Vigil jewel on the tree.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Go Chieftain and take Ngmahu , then Hinekora and then Arohongui.
For your last ascendency points you have 2 choices.
  • Tawhoa.I recommend going with Tawhoa. Your EH have 100% chance to ignite so you will be at full Endurance charges most of the time while clearing. That will make your Immortal call last longer and also you will do a little more damage the more Endurance charges you have.This will make your clearing smoother than if you take Tukohama.
    As a downside , the map mod Chance to avoid elemental ailments will be more annoying than ever since not only you will do less damage but you will kill lots of enemies that arent ignited and those killed enemies wont have any chance of giving you an Endurance charge.
  • Tukohama is the second choice and a solid one too. With this your totem will be immune to fire and since your totems only do fire damage they will be immune to any kind of reflect. Fights like Guardian of the Phoenix , Uber Atziri , etc will be easier using Tukohama instead of Tawhoa.
    They will have a 50% of your armor as bonus too.
    The other 2 bonus are kinda double edged.
    The totem 20% chance to taunt sounds great but they kill thing really fast so it wont really make a difference. On things that dont die really fast, like Uber Elder , you dont really want the totems taunting anything there. Its better that The Shaper / Elder or anything on there focus you and let your totems do the most damage they can since you can move and dodge things but your totems cant.

Pantheon.
Spoiler

• Soul of Lunaris.If you dont have something like 5k life and most of your core item you should avoid any map or delve zone with the moster skill chains X additional times until you can capture the soul of the boss at Lair map and select Soul of Lunaris pantheon unless you want to suffer a lot.
  • Soul of Arakaali(recommended)
    If you capture the soul of the boss at Toxic Sewer and select Soul of Arakaali pantheon and have all the recommended gear and at least 5k life you should not have that much problems with the chain mod on maps. As long as the only dot dps you are taking is the Blood Rage dot , you can recast it to trigger the extra regen and leech rate from this Pantheon power. Immortal call while you have Blood Rage will activate it too.
  • For the minor Gods I like Soul of Shakari with the captured soul of Desert's spring boss. I have very bad memories of being destroyed after open a Strongbox that realeased a caustic cloud. Additionally You can capture the boss of Sunken city for the Arakaali pantheon to get an extra damage reduction against chaos DOT.
  • I swap Shakari to Yugul with Terrace map boss captured when fighting Uber Elder. You might want to use it to fighting Guardian of the Hydra if you feel you need it.

Annoying map mods
Spoiler

• No regen - Swap your Quicksilver flask for a Mana flask and you will fine but it can be a dangerous mod against T16 bosses.
  • Chance to avoid elemental ailments - No more 100% chance to ignite, and shocking enemies will be harder too so we will do less damage. You might need to slowdown just a little and boss fight will be a little longer.
  • Elemental reflect - If you go with Tawhoa instead of Tukohama your totems will kill everything but instantly die due to the reflect damage. Just recast them over and over again :(.
  • Monster take reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes - You will deal less damage
  • Monsters gain an Endurance Charge on Hit - Its especially annoying against guardians bosses (t16 maps). Basically , bosses will have 45% extra elemental resistances.
  • Monster Elemental Resistances- Extra fire resistances for monsters :(
  • More monster life
  • Unique Boss has increased life
  • Less regen and cannot leech are both annoying and even dangerous against T16 bosses
  • Elemental Equilibrium - Extra fire resistances for monsters

Any combination of 2 or more of those annoying mods will make the map noticeable harder.
If you choose Tawhoa and get a guardian map with Elemental Reflect , no regen and any mod that make enemies more resistant you will have a hell of challenge against the bosss. You will have to sacrifice a support on your Frostferno and put Bloodmagic there because you wont have enough mana flask charge to keep summoning your totems. Also you wont be able to use Ice Shot for that 10% more damage and slow , cant use bloodrage and any move skill because you wont have mana to do it. I did a deathless Guardian of the Hydra like that and it was a long fight but it was fun. You are advised to reroll or sell that kind of Guardian map or keep it and try it later when you want to have a challenge, you might have fun with it.

Gameplay advices
Spoiler
  • You have Point Blank and Chin Sol so you will do a LOT MORE damage if you totems are near the target.
    Most of the bosses will be inactive until you get near them. Use that advantage to place your totems right on top of them and use your flasks , Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning Trap (if you dont have Yoke of Suffering) and then get near them to get the fight started. Shoot an Ice Shot if the boss isnt dead already but unless its a Guardian , a boss with phases or you are very underleveled/undergeared it will die almost instantly.
  • Guardian of the Phoenix.
    Swap Purity of Ice for Purity of Fire for extra tankiness. If there is Extra Cold Damage as a mod swap Haste for Purity of Fire and Keep Purity of Ice.
    Remember to swap back to Purity of Ice and Haste after you deal with the boss.
  • The Eradicator
    Swap Purity of Ice for Purity of Lightning for extra tankiness. If you fortify yourself with Vigilant Strike , activate Blood Rage and keep your totems right on top of him you will be able to facetank him even at T16 maps. If you are having problems because you are underleveled/undergeared you can swap your Quicksilver flask for a Topaz flask to help you even more to mitigate the lightning damage. Remember to swap back to your Purity of Ice after the fight.
  • When you fight any Elder Guardian you should start the fight with Vigilant Strike and activate your flask and Blood Rage. If you mess up and dont get your Fortify you can use Enduring Cry and then attack with Vigilant Strike again. As long as your totems are on top of them you should be able to facetank them at any tier unless underleveled/undergeared. Note that if you dont have Cyclopean Coil you will tank the "Slam" from The Enslaver but the Ignite can kill you so might want to have a flask for that or try to dont tank the slam.
    In between Phases Before Elder take them and you to the next stage you can use VIgilant Strike on them and Enduring Cry to get/extend Fortify an one Endurance Charge.
  • The Elder
    Remember to place 3 totems right on top of him and buff yourself before starting the fight. Use Vigilant Strike to buff with Fortify not only yourself but also The Shaper. Do it as soon as you can after the unstable phase starts and right after The Shaper finish a bind on the Elder. Use Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning Trap(if you dont have Yoke of Suffering) on The Elder as soon as The Shaper finish his job and be sure to be buffed with your flasks and Blood Rage , you should still have enough Fortify time left. Try to place the totem right on top of The Elder for more dps(Chin Sol and Point Blank bonus) You can check any Elder video that I uploaded if you have doubts.
  • When you go down the stairs at an Vaal Outpost/Abyssal/Primeval Chamber Fortify yourself as soon as you can. At depth 300 you will be able to stand on the middle of the fray and tank everything there.
  • When you find a Abyss crack on a map , fortify yourself before following it.

I want more damage!
Spoiler
Your totem damage should be your only source of damage since you have Ancestral Bond on the tree but your Mirage Archer actually does damage.
You can maximize that extra damage with a 6l and put EH - Mirage Archer - Cold to fire - Elemental Damage with attacks - Pierce (or Slower Projectiles) - Combustion.
You will have 100% chance to ignite there , 98-99% if you dont have EH and Combustion at lvl 21 :( , so you can put Damage on Full life instead of Combustion on your Frostferno. For the bonus damage you have to be at full life , not your totems.
Even without chilling the enemies , your totem damage will be higher(if you are at full life) and as a plus your Mirage archer will also deal some extra damage.
Why not Elemental Focus instead Damage on Full Life? Because we wont be able to shock enemies with high life pool (like The Shaper).

Final words
Thanks to our fellow clan leader that reminded me of The Vigil , it does a noticeable difference with a minimum invest on the tree.
That should be enough for now.That was longer than I expected , now my eyes burns like the first time I run a Caldera map with Shocking Ground mod. If there some questions or suggestions I'll be here trying to help or update the guide and watch out those scarabs.

Edit.
Added The Hall of Grandmasters , no portal left but still a win on my book!. First wing and last Exiles since the clip got too big and the game started to play choppy.
Added Elemental Equilibrium to the annoying map mods , forgot about that one.
Last edited by kikeuy on Dec 6, 2018, 11:51:55 PM
Thanks for the guide man. I've been looking for a good totem league starter. Totems and Golems are the only thing I play in this game lol.

Question: Is the leech strong enough that you can sustain tough delves and map bosses? Would going Vaal Pact do us any good?
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
Thanks for reading and leaving some questions!
First of all , I said on the cons I dont think this is a good league starter, specially because it shines at levelling with some unique items.
If you want to try this as a league starter , you should level a Marauder as a Sunderboi or use Consecrated Path (there´s a great guide for a Chieftain Consecrated Path league starter). After you get the 2 treshold jewels you can start playing this build but you will have a huge dps increase on clear and boss when you equip Arborix/Chin Sol.
---
About the leech , yeah it is that strong. At Delves Outpost/Chambers around 300 depth I get the Fortify buff and just stand on the middle of the action and the damage output/leech of your totems will keep you safe all the time. You can facetank t16 Elder Guardians , I facetanked no damage mods Minotaur but you dont have too , just let your totems do their stuff while your safe at a distance.
---
About VP , if you see the tree you will notice that VP is just right there at just 1 point ready to be used. It does actually work fine but Chieftain have a lot life regen that you loose when using VP. Lab will be harder and Blood Rage degen will be become annoying. It just 1 point so you are free to try it but I recommend not getting it.
Last edited by kikeuy on Dec 2, 2018, 7:44:09 PM
In Betrayal we will have a big nerf to Chin Sol , big buff to Arborix(that wont change much to this build) and a new support gem.
The nerf to Chin Sol will make a lot harder to shock guardians/Shaper/Uber Elder. Its probably better to have a good rare amulet instead of Yoke of Suffering against them. The problem is that for the rest of the game , Yoke of Suffering is still BIS and it comes with a lot of resistances, so swaping to a rare amulet for guardians/Shaper/Uber Elder fights can mess your resistances (and your Wise Oak effectiveness). I recommend keeping Yoke of Suffering on the build.

The new Multiple Totem support is ridiculous good at only 21%(lvl 20) less penalty for an extra totem. I will probably use it on Shaper boots with RAT support mod for a 5l. Then you can swap Combustion from your Frosferno and replace it with Damage on Full life. Combustion will be on your boots along with Multiple totems Support and EH, will experiment with the last gem but probably will be a 20/20 Pierce.
The EH on your boots will be the clearing skill and for bosses we will place 2 main(the setup on Frostferno)totems and 2 clear(the setup on the boots ,just 1 cast for 2 totems). The 2 clear totems will do some extra damage and will also debuff the bosses with Combustion.

Did Uber Elder with Arborix and gimped my dmg and life switching belt and boots. It was rough but at least I have no doubt that at 3.5/Betrayal Uber Elder is viable despite the nerf to Chin Sol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vlzOA67JLE
In case you missed the point:
For boss fights 3.4 Chin Sol >> 3.5 Chin Sol >>>>>>>>>>>>> 3.5 Arborix > 3.4 Arborix.

I will keep the guide updated but I have the feeling I will be busy with Betrayal.
Good luck to everyone and have fun!
Added some Betrayal videos.
Multiple totems support is way too good.
Last edited by kikeuy on Dec 9, 2018, 10:46:23 PM
How do you think this build compares to hiero elemental hit totem, its more tank wise?, has more QoL? the hiero totem placement speed / inate multiple totem summon its a thing to consider when choosing between chieftain or hiero, thank you for this awesome guide
Last edited by lulico on Dec 10, 2018, 12:14:20 PM
"
Completed 6 Challengeslulico wrote:
How do you think this build compares to hiero elemental hit totem, its more tank wise?, has more QoL? the totem placement speed / inate multiple totem summon its a thing to consider when choosing between chieftain or hiero, thank you for this awesome guide

Thanks for the feedback!
There was one with Hiero that used Effigon that was pretty smart but it seems discontinued.

Currently there are 2 more RAT EH build that I follow.
I´ve only played mine so I might be wrong but it looks like the Ascendant(Chieftain/Slayer) is the most safe/tanky but have the least damage output , the Hiero is by far the most squishy but compensates with an insane dmg output. Chieftain seems to be on the middle.
In my opinion , the Ascendant version have a little edge on the others because its SSF viable(you dont need the Treshold jewels) even tho Im sure a skilled player can take Uber Elder deathless with any of the variants and without crazy expensive gear.
Hiero vs Chief QoL is debatable. The less dmg from Chief´s Arohongi and the Leech and Cover in Ashes from Hinekora make a big difference on the tankiness thing but the placement speed and overall dmg of the Hiero also makes a big difference on the dmg and the flow while mapping. The new multiple totem support favor the Hiero the most by far too but they usually use a Kaom Heart so they will probably run in sockets problems trying to get a double EH RAT setup.

Currently Im running RAT + EH + Dmg on full life + Elemental dmg with attacks on Frostferno and RAT + EH + Combustion + Cold to fire + Pierce + Multiple totems support on a cheap 6l body armour.
I use the multiple totem EH for clear (no 3 arrow bow yet) and the QoL is insane, when I need more single target dmg I cast once the Multiple totem EH and 3 times the one on the Frostferno. Thats 5 totems , 3 really mean totems and 2 more that also do a pretty good dmg and also apply the Combustion support debuff. Bosses get blown away and clear is better than it was on 3.4 , still kinda mediocre but it was ok then and its better now.

Edit:
Added Ahuatotli at depth 56 , poor guy XD.
Last edited by kikeuy on Dec 10, 2018, 3:04:53 PM
"
Completed 15 Challengeskikeuy wrote:
"
Completed 6 Challengeslulico wrote:
How do you think this build compares to hiero elemental hit totem, its more tank wise?, has more QoL? the totem placement speed / inate multiple totem summon its a thing to consider when choosing between chieftain or hiero, thank you for this awesome guide

Thanks for the feedback!
There was one with Hiero that used Effigon that was pretty smart but it seems discontinued.

Currently there are 2 more RAT EH build that I follow.
I´ve only played mine so I might be wrong but it looks like the Ascendant(Chieftain/Slayer) is the most safe/tanky but have the least damage output , the Hiero is by far the most squishy but compensates with an insane dmg output. Chieftain seems to be on the middle.
In my opinion , the Ascendant version have a little edge on the others because its SSF viable(you dont need the Treshold jewels) even tho Im sure a skilled player can take Uber Elder deathless with any of the variants and without crazy expensive gear.
Hiero vs Chief QoL is debatable. The less dmg from Chief´s Arohongi and the Leech and Cover in Ashes from Hinekora make a big difference on the tankiness thing but the placement speed and overall dmg of the Hiero also makes a big difference on the dmg and the flow while mapping. The new multiple totem support favor the Hiero the most by far too but they usually use a Kaom Heart so they will probably run in sockets problems trying to get a double EH RAT setup.

Currently Im running RAT + EH + Dmg on full life + Elemental dmg with attacks on Frostferno and RAT + EH + Combustion + Cold to fire + Pierce + Multiple totems support on a cheap 6l body armour.
I use the multiple totem EH for clear (no 3 arrow bow yet) and the QoL is insane, when I need more single target dmg I cast once the Multiple totem EH and 3 times the one on the Frostferno. Thats 5 totems , 3 really mean totems and 2 more that also do a pretty good dmg and also apply the Combustion support debuff. Bosses get blown away and clear is better than it was on 3.4 , still kinda mediocre but it was ok then and its better now.

Edit:
Added Ahuatotli at depth 56 , poor guy XD.

thank you for the reply, really awesome analysis, i will test out the two builds and leave some experience report later, keep the good work
Added Shaper's Realm to the 3.5 videos. Everything short of perfection is irrelevant :(.

Have to update some important things on the guide, for example the location of the Souls for the Pantheon , the double EH RAT setup(that works great) , the Arborix recommendation , which is still great bow for clear but one of the selling point was that it was dirt cheap and isn't anymore with the insane spike on the prices of Grelwood Shank.

Definitely get Death's Opus instead of Arborix , its worse but no where near 2ex worse.
Another important thing, I said on the jewel part of the guide that Tempered Mind is recommended but you can do fine without it but in reality unless you have some state of the art rings and abyssal jewels with a LOT of accuracy you should put Tempered Mind jewel on you skill tree , it does make a clearly noticeable difference against bosses.
Last edited by kikeuy on Dec 14, 2018, 12:50:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info