New skill gem: Scorched Earth

Fruz, you're missing the point, mate. You are the one talking about the need for reworks, not me. I'm saying there is no need for every skill to be "meta compatible".

If I may be so blunt, %@#! the meta.

OP's idea is fresh, it's different from the usual 1 trick pony playstyle, at least, with some minor alterations. It can also be made more interesting or simple with supports, threshold jewels, gear, veiled mods perhaps, should need arise.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 22, 2018, 6:02:05 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
Fruz, you're missing the point, mate. You are the one talking about the need for reworks, not me. I'm saying there is no need for every skill to be "meta compatible".

OP's idea is fresh, it's different from the usual 1 trick pony playstyle, at least, with some minor alterations. It can also be made more interesting or simple with supports, threshold jewels, gear, veiled mods perhaps, should need arise.

And I'm telling you that it's not realistic to expect GGG to release stuff that just do not fit the meta, unless they want to drastically change it (and if anything, pretty much everything they've been doing this last year show that they don't want to).
I'm telling that if such a skill was in the game, it would probably need a rework, imho ....

But maybe my "image" of the OP's proposition isn't the same as his, and I'm somewhat misunderstanding it, so I can't tell for sure.

And the new skills do fit the meta I think, I haven't given them much time but .... it does not seem to me that it's anything anti-meta whatsoever, or ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

And I'm telling you that it's not realistic to expect GGG to release stuff that just do not fit the meta, unless they want to drastically change it (and if anything, pretty much everything they've been doing this last year show that they don't want to).
I'm telling that if such a skill was in the game, it would probably need a rework, imho ....

But maybe my "image" of the OP's proposition isn't the same as his, and I'm somewhat misunderstanding it, so I can't tell for sure.

And the new skills do fit the meta I think, I haven't given them much time but .... it does not seem to me that it's anything anti-meta whatsoever, or ?

They are physical skills with a pure physical new ailment type attached... if that's not anti-meta right now, I don't know what is.

"
Xavathos wrote:
They are physical skills with a pure physical new ailment type attached... if that's not anti-meta right now, I don't know what is.

I was talking about skill that have already been released, it's too early to judge on those ones, and you could clear fast with those easily, especially with Haemophilia, while still being able to have potentially really high dps on bosses.

But it's too early to tell, anyway ... it is only going to be a matter of numbers imo.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Im sure GGG will find a way to make it work, they always seem to in the end, right?
If it was pure phy damage it would be even better as fire spells already have a lot of possibilities.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
On the topic of slow non-meta skills, how many people do you think play cremation?

Sure you can add more. But what's the point if nobody ends up using them?

P.S.: I think shotgunning skills will be quite popular, regardless of whether they are intended to be played as pure phys. Remember all the phys / chaos Scourge Arrow builds? Yeah, right.
Last edited by DER_PSYCHOPATH on Nov 24, 2018, 3:13:43 AM
"
On the topic of slow non-meta skills, how many people do you think play cremation?

Sure you can add more. But what's the point if nobody ends up using them?

P.S.: I think shotgunning skills will be quite popular, regardless of whether they are intended to be played as pure phys. Remember all the phys / chaos Scourge Arrow builds? Yeah, right.

I play slow builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info