Stuck at 62 Where to farm Gear

Hey, first post, be gentle. I am stuck at 62, start of act 9 getting squished a bit too easy. Think I need to farm some gear with more life stats. Resists are all ok. Damage I think is ok for my level (2.5k with totem)? just over 2K health pool.

Where should I farm gear at 62?
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2018, 1:16:02 AM
I mean you could farm blood aqueduct as it is linear, kind of fun, and you can get humility divination cards - 9 of which trade in for a tabula rasa chest. As to resists and life: using purity of elements is a good stop gap for the former but for life you really need to path to life % nodes on the passive tree and get flat life rolls on your gear as much as possible. GL!
ya blood aqueducts are great. another place you could consider is labyrinth. cruel difficulty is lvl 55 and relatively safe.

lab gives good returns and allows you to get used to its mechanics pretty quickly.
Also remember there's trade, learn and do the "chaos recipe" and buy some rings and belt for 2 chaos that have good resistances and life, and
farm some levels in blood acueduct
Thanks everybody appreciate the responses. I will farm away in BA. I didn't know about trading in the cards for gear. I will look that up. I am close to life % nodes in my passives. I will grab those next and look for some life gear.

Is it correct that resists max out at 75%, is that what it means when it's 75% (116%).
"
xMustard wrote:
ya blood aqueducts are great. another place you could consider is labyrinth. cruel difficulty is lvl 55 and relatively safe.

lab gives good returns and allows you to get used to its mechanics pretty quickly.

I have unlocked the 55 lab, haven't tried to clear it yet. I will run that tonight as well.
"
TheGreesh wrote:
Thanks everybody appreciate the responses. I will farm away in BA. I didn't know about trading in the cards for gear. I will look that up. I am close to life % nodes in my passives. I will grab those next and look for some life gear.

Is it correct that resists max out at 75%, is that what it means when it's 75% (116%).

Exactly what it means.
I would suggest you try to get 105% all elemental resist(other than chaos) if you are buying gear cause at the end of act 10, u gain -30% loss in resist permanently, and you won't have to buy new gear to get resist again.
"
TheGreesh wrote:
just over 2K health pool.

Hey there,

thats a problem :)

Try to stack about 300hp per act. Which means you should be sitting at 2,7k life in act9. If you were an experienced player, you could get away with a lower lifepool but as a beginner that might be a huge issue.

Grab as many lifenodes on the tree as you can (shoot for about 180% at lvl80 as melee) and also try to get as much flat life on gear as you can get, while also capping your res.

That might be challenging, but you can bypass res issues by temporarily running a purity of elements aura until you get your gear sorted, so you can focus on liferolls for a while and make sure you can handle the content.

In case you want feedback on your tree, please unhide your characters in your accounts privacy settings, so we can take a look and make recommendations.

Cheers
Thanks for all the posts. I was able to quickly level up to 67 in BA and got my stats to 4k damage (with totem and crit triggered damage boost) and 3k health.

Farming BA is nice mindless farming. Quite a nice little run. I think i will farm out a tabla rasa for my stash and level 70 for my char and move on to finish the Acts before the end of the season.

Also I will make sure I get those resists all over 105%.
Your goal on resists should ultimately be 75% (109) after the act 10 resist penalty at a minimum. This is called over-capped resists and it allows you to be cursed by Elemental Weakness and still remain resist capped. That is why they show you what your total actual resists are even though it gives no benefit under normal conditions. When the resist value in the parenthesis starts to get over 109, you should consider re-balancing your gear if, for example, you can equip a new ring with better life and some offense and not dip below 109 on resists, that is a really good upgrade. Not super vital at this stage of the game, but once you start hitting yellow+ tier maps, Elemental Weakness can ruin your day.

Also bear in mind, there are map mods that lower your "maximum" resist, and over-capping does NOT help with this. This mod lowers the cap for resists, not the amount you have. So if it lowers it by, say 10%... your new resist cap in that map would be 65%, and that can be brutal. Especially when coupled with other map mods that give enemies elemental damage boosts and crit boosts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info