Connected atlas progress in private leagues

For the past few days me and my friend have been doing map progress together and noticed that when we do shaper or elder zones, they only count for the person who's map we were doing (even though both of us had elder/shaper on that map).

So I was thinking that it would be great to have and option for private leagues, to have connected atlas progression, so that when people try to progress with each other, it wouldn't only count for one person and it would provide more of a challenge for private leagues that have a lot of people, since it would prevent people from farming single map, since most likely majority will want to fully unlock atlas. Only thing i would make personal in atlas would probably be sextants.
Last edited by jkgamerhq on Nov 18, 2018, 3:17:27 PM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2018, 7:10:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 to this. Sounds like a really big improvement over what we have today. It may sound like Boosting or making game easier, however think of that from prospective that most of the people who are gonna play this league and select this option are couple/dozen of friends who progress together. I don't know for sure how this should be implemented, but for me it would be logical to sync maps once you're in party, or make it as private league mod which you can enable or disable when creating private league.

How i said this may rise a few issues:
- Players who're joining your league at the beginning will have access to all maps you and your friends/guild members cleared and that may sound like "making game easier". I have to agree that this sounds like it but it's actually not, since you will have to wait till all maps are cleared anyways, and without proper gear you won't advance further or generate good loot.

- That might be challenging from the code perspective.
I agree on this as well, but with party system POE currently have there are a lot of ways to improve it, this would be a huge step forward which we definitely need.

Private leagues are really really amazing feature and i would love to hear from developers/community managers response to this or other party related inside private leagues requests.

Thanks.
Best regards.
It would have to be voided, because it does make the game easier. Current private leagues are limited to 1000 players, I believe. Having that many people use the same atlas would definitely speed things up. The same point is also valid if you only have 10 players.

If you don't mind it being voided, I think it could be interesting.
Voiding would be a solid option. However i think developers can come up with more versatile outcome, but idea in general is really good if you're not solo player.
Anything that makes the game easier in private leagues must be either voided or not available at all. Otherwise the game becomes p2w, however light.

Because you can have a shop in the forum, stash tabs are barely scraping by, but there's just no way to replicate a shared atlas with other players.
I agree, voiding certain private league mods would be awesome idea. it won't influence any ongoing league, will accept more "casual" players, and unify atlas for entire private league - then being voided sounds better every time i think of it.

How i imagine this:
- You select this mode while creating a private league, then you're being warned that selecting this mode will not allow migration to parent league. And you can't access your characters if league time is ended, you can only delete that character. This way you're bound to your private league with that one character that can't be migrated and influence other markets.

I think similar approach would allow more "funny" and unique mods to be added to the game which MAY make game easier. But they won't influence outside leagues and it lowers players retention. You can play on your own speed/pace, with your selected mode and that brings and keeps more players isn't it?
Any special treatment to private leagues that makes them easier to progress than original leagues would enter the definition of pay to play.
Please stop asking for privileges to private leagues.
I dont want poe to go down that shitroad every other arpg did.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"

Any special treatment to private leagues that makes them easier to progress than original leagues would enter the definition of pay to play.

Argument why playing in league that meets my preferences is pay 2 play?
Please stop talking without arguments about stuff you don't even care that much. I don't want people who here only to s***t talk commenting my thread :]

P.s P2P is not P2W and i don't see anything bad within this model. I would be glad to pay for customization of the game features i enjoy/don't enjoy.
Last edited by A1ke on Nov 20, 2018, 7:35:28 AM
"
A1ke wrote:
"

Argument why playing in league that meets my preferences is pay 2 play?
Please stop talking without arguments about stuff you don't even care that much. I don't want people who here only to s***t talk commenting my thread :]

P.s P2P is not P2W and i don't see anything bad within this model. I would be glad to pay for customization of the game features i enjoy/don't enjoy.

I dont care that much?
Your thread?
This is a public forum for gamers.
Anything ANYTHING gives you advantage over other players in a game you can buy with real money means pay to play.
Please.please you already got your shitty private leagues. Do not f.ck up my game with dumb requests. I said before i dont wanna say again. I dont want this game to go pay to play route other games did.
It only takes one mistake to get a big backlash from community. Giving advantages to private leagues is one of these mistakes. Take what u got and be glad with it. You are playing private leagues to play harder or at equal difficulty. It wont get easier than this.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
The thing is that, some people see private league not only as harder version, but also as a way to do group found and the problem is that when you are in the party and do elder/shaper map, even though everyone else has shaper/elder on that map, when finished atlas progress would only update for only one person. And by atlas progress I mean shaper and elder moving around the map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info