Nothing for daggers?

i'd rather see maces get overhauled nearly completely
"
xMustard wrote:
i'd rather see maces get overhauled nearly completely

Yea, maces have lower damage than axe and resolve around a mechanic that noone uses: Stun. The passive nodes and implicits show that, sadly. Also the low attack speed is horrible in a meta in which you stack flat damage and the only movement skill for maces (and axes) is leap slam, which needs high ats and has a high wind up time imo.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Blade Flurry that was the last new dagger-specific (well, plus claws and 1h swords) skill which was 2.4.2 or almost exactly two years ago.

It seems there are only 5 attack skills keyed specifically towards daggers and claws: Blade Flurry, Puncture, (Vaal) Reave, Viper Strike, and Whirling Blades.

So yeah, dagger-specific attacks are kinda lacking.

But the devs have never said the balance of new skills in terms of weapons was ever a thing nor is it something they strive for. It'd be nice if they handled it better but I know it's something I have never expected of them.

At least daggers get to be caster weapons too. Claws? They're hardly even in the picture probably due to defensive implicits when people want more murder.

Seems weird to have Shattering and Lancing Steel only be for swords and axes especially since they're perfectly in theme with the Impale effect.

But I do agree maces need a makeover since their main shtick is pretty well lost. Why stun when you can kill?
"

At least daggers get to be caster weapons too. Claws? They're hardly even in the picture probably due to defensive implicits when people want more murder.

Iirc claws are amazing for molten strike.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"

Iirc claws are amazing for molten strike.

They are indeed bc of life gain on hit. And the leech implicits aren't bad either. But they're yet another example of the extremely narrow usefulness of stuff in this game, because claws aren't really great general weapons outside of molten strike and probably a few other skills, and if you can get life gain on hit/leech otherwise they're unnecessary.

I'd also point out that the life gain on hit from claws is useless for ES, which Shadows are supposedly incentivized to use.

Daggers? Never seen anyone use them, but if others are saying they're good, then sure. Seems to me like since Assassin is one of the more meh ascendancies and daggers haven't received much attention in years, we have a perfect opportunity to buff both and link them to one another in some fashion. Don't want the Assassin to be limited to daggers, but some clever way of making them synergize (along with claws, perhaps) might be cool.

Edit: One idea might be to give Assassin a 7th major node that gives some defensive bonus for dual wielding claws or daggers. Maybe block, maybe global defenses, idk. If it only applied when using two claws or two daggers, perhaps it would be less easily abusable by stat sticking.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Nov 18, 2018, 3:03:27 AM
"
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Blade Flurry that was the last new dagger-specific (well, plus claws and 1h swords) skill which was 2.4.2 or almost exactly two years ago.

It seems there are only 5 attack skills keyed specifically towards daggers and claws: Blade Flurry, Puncture, (Vaal) Reave, Viper Strike, and Whirling Blades.

So yeah, dagger-specific attacks are kinda lacking.

But the devs have never said the balance of new skills in terms of weapons was ever a thing nor is it something they strive for. It'd be nice if they handled it better but I know it's something I have never expected of them.

Seems weird to have Shattering and Lancing Steel only be for swords and axes especially since they're perfectly in theme with the Impale effect.

But I do agree maces need a makeover since their main shtick is pretty well lost. Why stun when you can kill?
I agree. Maces are even worse. They suppose to release at least one new skill for each weapon type.
"
xMustard wrote:
nothing for daggers?
daggers were the most op thing in the game for years. literally. they were nerfed like 3 times to try to close the gap, and swords were buffed once or twice.

And now daggers are bullshit weapons (i mean, for attacks).

Great balancing, GGG.

Yes, i know they were OP in the past. But that's not the reason to overnerf them so they're significantly weaker than swords or claws.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Absolutely agree. Daggers need more attention. GGG should focus in fulfilling dagger "fantasies" which are backstabs, hit and run and super high single target damage outputs with high crits.

I believe more varied skill gems would make the thing :)
Lab is love, lab is life.
All of these suggestions make it seem like a weapon type = a class.

This is PoE..... have you played the game at all?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
If we leave the nonsensical mirror tier gear.

Daggers
+ high base crit
- mod pool

Skills themselves aren't bad. We have Reave and we have Blade Flurry, do we need something else?

Sure, adding new skills with weapon lock is kinda weird. Can you impale somebody better with an Axe or a Dagger?

Btw, claws are better, end of story, good bye.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info