Elemental Damage or Elemental Penetration

so i have this

and
, i cant decide in which one should i have main skill , if i have it in weapon i have 82k damage and 13% pen but if i do it in body i will have 42k damage and 53% pen , please help and tell me which one is more effective
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2018, 6:19:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Depends on how much resistance the target has.

PS: wrong section
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Why would you wanna use chaos skills with ele pen?
This is really confusing to me. Am i missing something?
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Your support gems seem off to me. With causic/scourge arrows, you should only be scaling phys, chaos, maybe damage over time, but no elemental.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

Yeah. Abyss jewels are the strongest scaling for scourge arrow and caustic arrow. He’s playing them as pure elemental with abyss jewel stacking and auras and not scaling the phys to chaos conversion or the chaos DoT.

For the OP: Probably the elemental damage with attacks support is stronger than the pen against most bosses and map mods. The only reason for the pen to be stronger is if you run a map that adds extra elemental resists.

However... You have slower projectiles socketed and the penetration should definitely beat that unless it’s affecting the spread of the pods.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Nov 17, 2018, 11:19:55 AM
"
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

Yeah. Abyss jewels are the strongest scaling for scourge arrow and caustic arrow. He’s playing them as pure elemental and not scaling the phys to chaos conversion or the chaos DoT.

but 60% of both skills are converted to chaos?
how can you play a skill's 40% dmg with elemental damage?
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
That conversion only applies to phys. It won’t affect flat elemental stacking.
i would go with the pen setup as long as i can kinda 1 shot white mobs in that setup.
against rares and boss (maybe even blues) the pen should be the better option. (pen scales beyond 0% enemy resi,it pushes it to the negative)

i didint do the math for it so i obviously could be wrong,but normaly pen beats 1 solo more multiplier if it makes use of its full pen.
"
That conversion only applies to phys. It won’t affect flat elemental stacking.

I’m extremely confused - what’s the point of playing flat elemental caustic when you’re ignoring the whole caustic part? Wouldn’t any other elemental or elementally nuetral skill be better, even split arrow?

Scourge I’m not familiar with, so maybe the pod explosions are good enough there not to need the dot. Toxic rain I have played, and could theoretically see flat ele through pod explosions and ignoring the chaos (or scaling it all through projectile damage nodes).

Anyway, OP can play how they want, but just curious bc I’ve never heard of this before.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
demon9675 wrote:

I’m extremely confused - what’s the point of playing flat elemental caustic when you’re ignoring the whole caustic part? Wouldn’t any other elemental or elementally nuetral skill be better, even split arrow?

overlapping explosions of caustic arrows shotgun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info