[3.6] Immortal Blade Flurry Assassin - Face-tank All Content - [CAN BE DONE ON BUDGET!] - 1 MIL+ DPS

"
tpacpc wrote:
Hi

It's the first time I play a melee character

I love this build, because it's simple to understand
your hit always hit
your hit always crit

I just find that lose 24%evade chance to 12% physical reduction (+stun immune) don't worth it
Perhaps you're right, and it's worth it, but to manage this you spent a lot's lot's passive points and.... I don't know, I think we can do better

So my question is, why don't be dualwielding
perhaps with kaom root and grelwood to keep IR/US
Lose lycosidea need to spent point to accuracy, but there are always with %melee and lycosidea don't have much life/resist/armor
and the tree is not "just go to IR and US"

Heart of Oak is not sufficient ?
Armor is better than eva (if 1=1) ?

thx for your time

You do not need to grab Unwavering Stance early in the game. The only reason I did was because by level 70, I could do red maps and end-game content. For end-game content, there are only two things that hurts this build which is being stunned and being chilled/frozen. These are the only ailments that can stop us from attacking and face-tanking. If we can't attack, that means we can't instant leech and if we can't instant leech, that means death. This is why stun/chill/freeze immunity is so important for the build. Earlier on it might not seem like much, but if you like fighting Guardians, Shaper and Uber Elder, I would suggest you grab it. If you're not going against that content, then I would ignore it or grab it later. This is the reason why we grab Iron Reflexes to take all of that dexterity/evasion and convert it to more armor.

Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics may cut our armor in half, but these two nodes are some of the best defensive measures in the whole game. To be honest, armor is not as good as dodge/evasion later in the game. For this build especially too. But this is only assuming once you get to be tanky enough and you see that you can sustain your instant leech for survival. And to be honest, it's not that much waste of passive points to grab the node. For melee builds, you always have to be close and engage in combat. Stun immunity might not matter much for a long-range character, but for a character that needs to be in the face of all of that danger, being stunned and or chilled/frozen means DEATH.

Lycosidae is too important to drop. Even with the only decent mods on it, the hit's can't be evaded mod is too important for a crit based build. It helps our DPS and ensures that we never miss which means we are always leeching. A monster with a simple evasion modifier can sometimes be your worst nightmare, and especially if they have a crap ton of regeneration. They are virtually impossible to kill at times.

Heart of Oak is a decent node. Yes, it gives us some stun immunity chance, more life and some regeneration, but a 20% chance to avoid stun is not the same as 100% stun immunity. That 80% chance of not avoiding the stun could be the death of you. Now, I'm not saying it is the wrong thing to do, but there is a huge different between having a chance to avoid stun and being immune to it. It might not be much early game, but end-game content, it does wonders. My buddy sometimes unspecs out of Unwavering Stance, but sometimes he specs back into it if he notices that he gets stunned in certain fights. It is all personal preference.

If you want to go that route, it is completely up to your choice too. This is more so just the whole blueprint of the character and it has gotten me through all of the content. Some bosses you might need to Whirling Blades to get out of a specific attack just to be safe, but you should be able to face-tank all the content in the game with it granted that you optimize the build and have it fully working.

Good luck, buddy!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Is it possible to play this build as a Scion? What would the required changes be?
Hey I changed life nodes a little bit, so you get more armor, life regen and DPS even, but you lose some max HP and 30% life from flask recovery. (Respecing Life, Flasks into the Heart of the warrior, warriors blood, armor)

What do you think?

https://pastebin.com/LTRavNeR
"
tomekswk wrote:
Is it possible to play this build as a Scion? What would the required changes be?

I actually tried this build as a Scion last league as well. It also can work as a Scion but of course slightly weaker in DPS but has more directions you can take it. Reason being is because you can use another ascendancy along with Assassin. Obviously you will still use an Assassin, but whatever other ascendancy you pick will depend on how you want to play.

For example, you can go Assassin/Juggernaut. This will make you way more defensive and tankier. You also get stun/chill/freeze immunity so you can drop Dream Fragments and get a rare ring for more life+crit. The Endurance Charge you gain when hit also boosts up your tankiness. If you want to be tankier for some slight sacrifice in DPS, this is also a really good choice to go.

Another solid choice would be Assassin/Slayer. Since we have instant leech, the over leech we get with this ascendancy does wonders. We can stock pile all of that leech that we are already sustaining to grant us some extra survivability. The increased AoE from killing something also helps in clearing. Assassin originally has culling with critical strikes but loses it from the Ascendant's Assassin node, but if you run Slayer with it, you get Culling Strike again.

As you can see, it's really on how you want to build it towards what you want. Scion offers a lot more flexibility, but it may be a bit more difficult to start because you cannot really start at the Shadow's skill tree. I would say starting up the build is more difficult with Scion, but you have a lot more flexibility and customization to your liking. Totally up to you. :) You can even keep the skill tree the same. All on your imagination.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
Feedlikepro wrote:
Hey I changed life nodes a little bit, so you get more armor, life regen and DPS even, but you lose some max HP and 30% life from flask recovery. (Respecing Life, Flasks into the Heart of the warrior, warriors blood, armor)

What do you think?

Honestly, the change is so small, that you could go that route if you wanted, or not. The biggest difference with this small change would really just be the life regeneration. A minor 2% to physical damage reduction and slight DPS boost isn't too large of a change. I think you could respec it to this afterwards when you get to a much higher level.

If you are leveling like normal, you want to take the life wheel on the left of Scion. If you are just normal leveling the build from the get go, you want life earlier. You can understand what I mean when you look at the level 70 skill tree. For league starting, it is more optimal to grab the wheel so you have as much life as early as possible. You can grab them, but it is going to take slightly more time to grab them.

As I mentioned, maybe later when you get to like... level 85+ or something, you can respec like you changed it. It is really just preference though. Do what you like. I am really just laying down the blueprint. :)

Good luck and enjoy!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 18, 2018, 9:07:08 PM
"
"
aka2411 wrote:
Hi, first time playing this game and I follow your build.

Here is my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/aka2411/characters

Can you give me some advise on how to setup the auras if I have no enlighten gems or have the amulet for free haste? I do feel the lack of dps and sometime get 1 shotted ;(
Thanks

Sure, I can give you some help. There's definitely some things we can change to make the build run smoother. First things first, if you do not have the amulet (which is totally not required), you just need to run a Vaal Haste version instead. A Vaal version of a gem uses souls to activate so essentially, you are never going to be using the actual "Haste" part of the gem. This is only assuming that you do not have the Aul's Uprising with the free Haste reservation mod. You build souls by killing enemies. You should have enough souls to pop Vaal Haste by the end of your map on the boss.

If you do not have any Enlighten gems, you can just use Wrath > Blasphemy > Punishment. This should reserve only 85% mana without an Enlighten setup. You are going to have to drop Herald of Purity but at least you still have some pretty good damage cause we still have two auras running.

For the survival portion, looking at your tree first, you can unspec out of Unwavering Stance. If your build is not optimized or at least not tanky enough to out-leech enemies, then you need to unspec out of Unwavering Stance. Unwavering Stance is more so for end-game content. The current gear I had for the build allowed me to be tanky enough to handle end-game content so I grabbed the node at level 70. Unwavering Stance gives you stun immunity which is one of the main things that hurts this build and keeps us from face-tanking. The other weakness our build would have is getting chilled/frozen but that is taken care of with Dream Fragments if you use the ring.

I would not suggest grabbing Unwavering Stance until you are tanky enough, or when you can grab Iron Reflexes so all of your evasion is at least put to use. Try this and I think you will notice a huge change.

Now onto the gear portion. Along with the Unwavering Stance, another huge reason why you are getting one-shot is because you do not have enough life on your gear. I would suggest dropping your amulet, Carnage Heart and grabbing a rare amulet with life+crit multi. Obviously if you need resistances and other attributes, then prioritize those after life before the crit multi. Your rings, boots, and belt barely have any life on them as well.

You need to prioritize on life+resists before anything. If you do that and the unspec Unwavering Stance, you are going to see total change in survival. Not prioritizing life+resists is a common mistake and reason why people get one-shot and die so much. Even more so for this kind of build where everything needs to be fine tuned together to work well. Also, try to get life+crit multi on your jewels. If you cannot get crit multi on them yet, then prioritize in a increased maximum life roll on them (7% is the highest you can get on a regular jewel). You can find them for like an 1 chaos or cheaper. Usually even cheaper than 1 chaos so you can find them easily.

Hopefully these tips help. Let me know if you have any other questions or need help.

Good luck! Cheers!

Thanks for the tips, I am getting rid of my old gears and builds more towards hp and your suggestions. Currently sitting at 4k hp and capped resis. Sure there are a lot more to min maxing like the hp and other rolls on items but do love my progression every day.

I do feel lacking a bit on the damage side so working on that by getting crit multi and chance. Also thoughts on blade flurry AOE? running the less aoe more dmg gem seems slow me down in doing maps.

Thanks again for the guide.
Last edited by aka2411 on Dec 19, 2018, 5:03:06 AM
"
"
Feedlikepro wrote:

What do you think?

Honestly, the change is so small, that you could go that route if you wanted, or not. The biggest difference with this small change would really just be the life regeneration. A minor 2% to physical damage reduction and slight DPS boost isn't too large of a change. I think you could respec it to this afterwards when you get to a much higher level.

If you are leveling like normal, you want to take the life wheel on the left of Scion. If you are just normal leveling the build from the get go, you want life earlier. You can understand what I mean when you look at the level 70 skill tree. For league starting, it is more optimal to grab the wheel so you have as much life as early as possible. You can grab them, but it is going to take slightly more time to grab them.

As I mentioned, maybe later when you get to like... level 85+ or something, you can respec like you changed it. It is really just preference though. Do what you like. I am really just laying down the blueprint. :)

Good luck and enjoy!

Thank you for your reply and for the build btw :)

I'm new to the game so excuse me some noob questions:
Is getting 100% hit chance and removing our evasion chance makes gaining dexterity pointless?
And what if we replace Lycosidae with some crafted weapon with "Hits can't be evaded mod" ? (or may be even crafted shield but you can't add that mod on shields I think)

Cheers and bless the RNG :^)
Which skill am i suppose to use until i can start using blade flurry? Looks like a fun build, want to try it out. Thanks
Hi dude what should i do if i cant afford a level 4 enlighten gem ( 5ex each...)
i can only afford level 2 enlightens and also how should i level this build what skills should i use and last question can i switch gems to reave while mapping?
Thanks alot for this guide really love your build and Hope You Answer!!
Your gloves can be corrupted +1 gems. But enlighten can be linked to only one aura in this case...
Btw. Vanish item mtx is disabling shield visual appearance. Mathil has used one on YouTube in his last video... I think it's a must in this build :) because this shield looks bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info