Of all the games to ripoff why Shadow of Mordor?

Wasn't there anything actually good on the menu to steal ideas from?
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2018, 11:54:33 AM
"There is nothing new beneath the sun"
No matter what you do, it's going to have similarities to something somewhere. What's important is that they make something that fits PoE and that they implement it well.

That said, i'm not impressed by Betrayel so far. But let's see...
If you want to steal ideas, why not steal from the best? The nemesis system was, and is, pretty fucking bonkers.
Second-class poe gamer
Wonder if they are going to steal the payment methods too.
Yeah im also really upset. Out of this many amazing ideas (can u even imagine how incredibly fun POE: immortal would be) we get some "nemesis" system from niche and budget game.
Shadow of Mordor? dont get the reference. Was thinking its a very game of thronesy plot line.

As for the league itself, eh.

I'm a lot more interested in the core game changes, will probably just carry on playing my delve character in normal league if anything.
Last edited by Asmosis on Nov 15, 2018, 4:35:54 AM
^ He thinks its like the nemesis system, which it might be but doesn't look too much like.

Also shadow of mordor was great and has the most satisfying finishers ever! Pinching bits out of good games is a fairly solid (and well established) strat
- Lock yourself in a room and come up with anything on your own.
- Publish your idea
- See people going crazy on why you had to steal from x or y

There is not much new under the sun, everything is similar to something.

You might want to read about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intertextuality
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Wasn't there anything actually good on the menu to steal ideas from?

Yes, let's complain before we know how the mechanics of the "Syndicate Board" even work.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I think the phrase you're looking for is "loosely based upon specific parts of" Shadow of Mordor. As if that game was the first to invent a nemesis system anyway?

It's all been done before.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info