Let's Hope Betrayal Doesn't Go Core

"
golan4840 wrote:
I was wondering, it was my understanding that the newly added league mechanics will be accessible through master missions. Does that mean standard will get nothing?

Delve/Incursion/Bestiary are from master missions, and going core.

Jun and Betrayal, you'll find in every zone, like all other current league mechanics.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
This thread just proves what I have known all along: people that play this game have zero humorous bones in their body. Or at least the folks that are on this forum.

Indeed, why not start the thread before league launch? We know it will here sooner rather than later.

To be fair, GD is a cesspool of threads like this so people reacting as if it might be serious is not that surprising. Hell, half the threads like this provide only slightly more articulate arguments...some shockingly less.

I'm not sure which comment was the most absurd but if I had to vote it would be:

"It's basically forcing us to do stuff in the game."

That line should have been a big clue, but I constantly have to remind myself that not everyone is a native english speaker. Also bitching about the league going core before the league even starts should have been a clue :)
Last edited by Nubatron on Nov 14, 2018, 3:33:08 PM
I actually read this title and cursed under my breath.

But I am glad it was ironic and satirical. I laughed in the end.

It is a little sad that some people took it so seriously though. Good Lord, Kolyaboo, take a break or something.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
I actually read this title and cursed under my breath.

But I am glad it was ironic and satirical. I laughed in the end.

It is a little sad that some people took it so seriously though. Good Lord, Kolyaboo, take a break or something.

I was definitely wondering if folks would see the thread title and wonder if it was serious. To me, it's absolutely outrageous that it could be but I definitely get it.

I miss the sky is falling thread being actively updated. That thing documented every time things like this happened. Greust's Seal of Disapproval was so perfect.

RIP Greust.
Last edited by Nubatron on Nov 14, 2018, 3:49:07 PM
Satire holds no value if you need to explain it or suffix with a "just kidding!".

I will add:
Since new patch my potato crashes constantly.

Interacting with league content is way less profitable and efficient than running cells for doctor, screw this league.
Last edited by ladish on Nov 14, 2018, 4:02:26 PM
"
ladish wrote:
Satire holds no value if you need to explain it or suffix with a "just kidding!".

That is so true. Sadly most people seem to not understand satire anymore. Hate having to explain jokes or that I am even joking.
Censored.
Combine the fact that there was a thread with the exact same title about Delve, and the fact that the league was just announced, how can people not see right away it's satire? Amazing.
"
ladish wrote:

I will add:
Since new patch my potato crashes constantly.

Interacting with league content is way less profitable and efficient than running cells for doctor, screw this league.

I'll add, though I might take some creative liberties with it if you don't mind. :)

Spoiler
Since new patch, my NASA computer with a 1.21 gigawatt power supply, Apple decals and flashy lights crashes constantly.

Interacting with league content is way less profitable than just doing maps -- check out my mirror and headhunter as proof!.
Last edited by Nubatron on Nov 14, 2018, 4:36:07 PM
Wait ... you were joking?! But I agreed with every single point you made!

(Well, except the part about the computer with the Apple decals crashing -- no way on earth that could be true. I mean, c'mon, those stickers are like perma-Immortal Call for your gaming rig! Jeez, man, you think we're a bunch of noobs or something?)

But back on point ... clearly, those of us who really know things (truthbois, not fanbois) will have to storm this post, liberate it from the clutches of the jokesters (cuz humor has no place in an ARPG), steep it in our bitter tears and venomous subjectivity, put it in a paper bag, drop it on GGG's doorstep while setting the bag on fire, and then ring the doorbell and run away, laughing. That'll make them sit up and take notice.

Spoiler
Also want to say how much the RNG in Betrayal SUX!!! More than 20 fusings in, and still no 6-link!!! WTF GGG, WTF?!?! My grandma could write a better game, and she's dead!
Oft him ānhaga āre gebīdeð,
Metudes miltse, þēah þe hē mōdcearig
geond lagulāde longe sceolde
hrēran mid hondum hrīmcealde sǣ,
wadan wræclāstas. Wyrd bið ful ārǣd!
[Removed by Support]
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Nov 14, 2018, 9:54:26 PM

Report Forum Post