[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

What is the best cluster jewel setup for this build? Including a large, medium and small. Do you aim for DoT multi? Curious to see what you all are running.

I was thinking a combination of any of the following:
Large cluster:

Smite the Weak
40% increased Attack Damage against Maimed Enemies
Attacks have 10% chance to Maim on Hit

Heavy Hitter
30% increased Attack Damage
10% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold
20% chance to double Stun Duration
30% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills

Martial Prowess
20% increased Attack Damage
6% increased Attack Speed
15% increased Global Accuracy Rating
20% increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills

Medium Cluster:

Rend
+12% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Bleeding
30% increased Bleeding Duration

Compound Injury
50% increased Damage with Bleeding you inflict on Maimed Enemies

Wasting Affliction
20% increased Damage with Ailments
Damaging Ailments deal damage 10% faster

Brush with Death
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Recover 1% of Life on Kill
Recover 1% of Energy Shield on Kill
Thinkin about running this for the next league, SSF. Seems like a great leagestarter, especially for SSF.

Plan is to farm "the Lion" in act6 mud flats for Jewel, chest, bow and even the boots.

Does the boots "Trigger Level 5 Rain of Arrows when you Attack with a Bow" work with curse-on-hit ? should be a great ghetto-cursing if so.
I've been neglecting answering questions again, didn't i? After losing my meme character i had no reason to log in PoE, especially with how rarely questions are asked anyway. With new league announced which i look forward to i should be quick to answer everything again.

Despite short time since league announcement, there's one buff coming up to this build and it's Wind Dancer keystone availability. Not only it's precisely what this build needed for defence. It doesn't solve all issues, but this change is welcome. Keystone is currently placed in location which this build paths through. Assuming that passive tree won't change much that, this means just 1 passive is required to gain all benefits.

As usual, i won't answer older questions because they're almost certainly outdated by now.

"
MajorSadist wrote:
Spoiler
What is the best cluster jewel setup for this build? Including a large, medium and small. Do you aim for DoT multi? Curious to see what you all are running.

Large cluster:

Smite the Weak

Heavy Hitter

Martial Prowess

Medium Cluster:

Rend

Compound Injury

Wasting Affliction

Brush with Death

You can find information about cluster jewels in passive tree section. PoB also has suggested cluster jewels.

"
chockdoo wrote:
Spoiler
Thinkin about running this for the next league, SSF. Seems like a great leagestarter, especially for SSF.

Plan is to farm "the Lion" in act6 mud flats for Jewel, chest, bow and even the boots.

Does the boots "Trigger Level 5 Rain of Arrows when you Attack with a Bow" work with curse-on-hit ? should be a great ghetto-cursing if so.

Deja vu? I feel like i've read this post few months ago.

FAQ: How does it perform in SSF?
A: Mediocre. Due to limited gear acquisition you will often hit a wall starting from ~white/yellow maps transition. It's caused by Ryslatha's Coil being ridiculously rare which heavily hinders the build. It forces you to have 100% bleed damage elder mod which also might be hard to obtain early on. Same issue with acquiring oils for amulet annointment. All combined slows progression considerably. If you're fine it, feel free to try.

Based on your plan, i already know you didn't even check my build - because it sure doesn't use any of these uniques other than bow.

Yes, RoA triggered from these boots can apply curses. You can even throw Maim on top of it. It will make it easier to clear maps for sure, but you should hit a wall at certain point eventually.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jun 5, 2020, 8:46:54 AM
"
DankawSL wrote:
I've been neglecting answering questions again, didn't i? After losing my meme character i had no reason to log in PoE, especially with how rarely questions are asked anyway. With new league announced which i look forward to i should be quick to answer everything again.

Despite short time since league announcement, there's one buff coming up to this build and it's Wind Dancer keystone availability. Not only it's precisely what this build needed for defence. It doesn't solve all issues, but this change is welcome. Keystone is currently placed in location which this build paths through. Assuming that passive tree won't change much that, this means just 1 passive is required to gain all benefits.

As usual, i won't answer older questions because they're almost certainly outdated by now.

"
MajorSadist wrote:
Spoiler

Large cluster:

Smite the Weak

Heavy Hitter

Martial Prowess

Medium Cluster:

Rend

Compound Injury

Wasting Affliction

Brush with Death

You can find information about cluster jewels in passive tree section. PoB also has suggested cluster jewels.

"
chockdoo wrote:
Spoiler

Deja vu? I feel like i've read this post few months ago.

FAQ: How does it perform in SSF?
A: Mediocre. Due to limited gear acquisition you will often hit a wall starting from ~white/yellow maps transition. It's caused by Ryslatha's Coil being ridiculously rare which heavily hinders the build. It forces you to have 100% bleed damage elder mod which also might be hard to obtain early on. Same issue with acquiring oils for amulet annointment. All combined slows progression considerably. If you're fine it, feel free to try.

Based on your plan, i already know you didn't even check my build - because it sure doesn't use any of these uniques other than bow.

Yes, RoA triggered from these boots can apply curses. You can even throw Maim on top of it. It will make it easier to clear maps for sure, but you should hit a wall at certain point eventually.

My reason for believing in this build(especially for SSF) is that this is gonna be a "crafting-league", just like beastiary was when i last played SSF. And a good few streamers have been playing this and they all have said it's a great starter.

Grinding the lion divcard to gear up with some solid gear before maps and then follow up with crafting. How many builds can farm 4usable items from one common divcard :P should be cruisecontrol into yellow-maps!!

This build can be played with slight variations aswell, which perfectly suits SSF.
"
chockdoo wrote:
Spoiler
My reason for believing in this build(especially for SSF) is that this is gonna be a "crafting-league", just like beastiary was when i last played SSF. And a good few streamers have been playing this and they all have said it's a great starter.

Grinding the lion divcard to gear up with some solid gear before maps and then follow up with crafting. How many builds can farm 4usable items from one common divcard :P should be cruisecontrol into yellow-maps!!

This build can be played with slight variations aswell, which perfectly suits SSF.

League is definitely going to help, but it won't magically solve the issues i've listed. Finding good ilvl 83 elder bow is a challenge in SSF, but you will get it eventually. Finding Ryslatha's is basically impossible. Both of these items skyrocket your damage and without good basic gear which you can easily obtain in trade league it's gonna get even worse. You'll be lvl ~90-95 before you know it.

Anyway, bleed build is "just decent" for SSF. It's not great because of the issues i mentioned. I playtested it in SSF back in 3.9, it's a rocky experience which you have to endure. There are other builds that are less reliant on gear, tankier, faster and more relaxing to play in SSF than bleed bow.

Patch notes and passive tree changes can also shake things up a lot.
Last edited by DankawSL on Jun 5, 2020, 10:58:37 AM
First time of trying a bleed build. Feels pretty smooth after you get some good Gear. I tried to selfcraft all my Gear with Fossil (mostly jagged + pristine). The only item i bought was the explode chest and the bow. Crafted on my own a 450 pdps bow but got some money leftover and mirrored the currently #1 in league.

At the Moment I have like 11m-12.7m dps depending on the pride aura efffect after 4sec with perma Frenzy charges uptime.

https://pastebin.com/hzmwy4Pa

could go for even more dps with Cinderswallowa nd bottled faith flask, but it isn't necessary at this point.

Also tried to league start with this build ins ssf. Leveling was smooth on a 4 link, and mapping feels good in <T10 maps if you have a 6-Link setup for puncture and split arrow. wouldnt recommend to go for the red Tier maps until you got a elder bleed bow or cluster jewels for dps.

Spoiler
Anyone got any tips for levelling with this at league start? I was planning on doing a variant of this build in Harvest.
Why do we use Rain of Arrows ?

I am trying Puncture with GMP and feels nicer for both clearing and single target
"
burdd wrote:
Anyone got any tips for levelling with this at league start? I was planning on doing a variant of this build in Harvest.

There's a whole section dedicated to levelling. No, i didn't hide any secret tips that will magically make it quicker.

"
Valant wrote:
Why do we use Rain of Arrows ?

I am trying Puncture with GMP and feels nicer for both clearing and single target

Blasphemy.

Getting slightly higher damage to kill enemies who die from almost anything at cost of 30% less attack speed - that's a terrible deal. No sane person would go Puncture - GMP for clear when Split Arrow exists. I still believe Vaal Rain of Arrows is significantly better than both but well, to each their own.

For single target you want primarly damage. While it's certainly easier to hit enemies with 5 arrows, in majority of cases you will be able to hit bosses few times when they're stationary. It's a point and click situation.
"
First time of trying a bleed build. Feels pretty smooth after you get some good Gear. I tried to selfcraft all my Gear with Fossil (mostly jagged + pristine). The only item i bought was the explode chest and the bow. Crafted on my own a 450 pdps bow but got some money leftover and mirrored the currently #1 in league.

At the Moment I have like 11m-12.7m dps depending on the pride aura efffect after 4sec with perma Frenzy charges uptime.

https://pastebin.com/hzmwy4Pa

could go for even more dps with Cinderswallowa nd bottled faith flask, but it isn't necessary at this point.

Also tried to league start with this build ins ssf. Leveling was smooth on a 4 link, and mapping feels good in <T10 maps if you have a 6-Link setup for puncture and split arrow. wouldnt recommend to go for the red Tier maps until you got a elder bleed bow or cluster jewels for dps.

Spoiler

Hi,

Based on your SSF experience, would you recommend this as a league starter?
I'm planning to go Champ (I hate dying) and was thinking to level with TR + Quill Rain -> HoA.

Would you strongly suggest to go split/RoA instead for leveling?

Thanks!

I'm very curious on your leveling experience but also the ceiling you did hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info