[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
KTS_VON wrote:
Hey guys, I'm really not sure what my next upgrade should be, I think I am in the end game phase now.

I am sometimes having troubles with Wave 19 and 20 on Simulacrum.
Other than that, I really enjoy this build!

I don't know how to link my items but my character is Public so if you have time, please check my character.

I have around 20 exalts to spend.

Also this is my first ever league, let me know if something is fucked.

Your gear looks pretty good. I am using a different version than most on here but have many things in common. If you're looking for DPS upgrades I'd start with getting "phys damage over time multi" on your gloves. T1 starts at 13% and I'd also look into getting a watcher's eye since your using malevolence. You should be able to afford good gloves for 5ex or less especially if your patient and watch the market (I bought mine for 1-2ex they also save me needing to pick up mana leech elsewhere) and the "damage over time multi" watcher eyes are usually 14ex. I have both on my character Crux_BB.

hate to say it but rain of arrows sucks, split shot much better
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
Hey Guys,

just got my first Sirus (A5) Kill ever!
This build is awesome, thank you so much, i really enjoy this Season.

Keep up the great work and a good weekend for everybody!

Cheers
Esharadin
I just upgraded to a splody chest.... completely unnecessary but man does it feel pretty amazing to use.

"
Hucuchill wrote:

It depends. RoA is king in Hardcore (https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds?skill=Puncture) showing support for survival with trade, while SA is king in SSF/SSF HC (https://poe.ninja/challengehcssf/builds?skill=Puncture).
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Apr 4, 2020, 7:26:19 PM
I have to say, I love the guide and the idea, but I am going to abandon my char at this stage. I feel way too squishy even at AL4 even though I don't think I have gone terribly wrong with my gear. I tried a delirium encounter and couldn't kill the bosses at wave 15, they just kept one-shotting me.

https://pastebin.com/334RQjKG

"
Cruxation wrote:
Spoiler
I see a lot of people talking about not being tanky enough and having issues. I felt similar so I made several adjustments to the build to make it a lot safer. Granted I have been gearing this character for a while and its a pain to min/max but doable for sure. I also dropped Crimson Dance because a have too much faster bleed nodes/jewels/bow and it was less DPS overall. Split arrow is also way safer than RoA IMO.

For me the key was getting +min edurances charges on neck and both rings. This made me feel way tankier in and of itself. also GET A QUARTZ FLASK!!! This makes Delirum feel to much smoother, phasing prevents body blocking which is extremely prevalent this league! Medium Cluster Jewels give amazing offense and defense as well, I have 2x Vivid Hues and 1x Brush with Death. These jewels have some of the best nodes in the game for us. I also decided to roll with a divine flesh timeless jewel. This means you need lots of chaos res which is annoying to gear but improves tankiness. My final upgrades were "phys taken as chaos helm and chest". This gives a ton of extra phys damage reduction making armour more effective. Admittedly my armour currently mostly comes with flasks up but if you keep them up they are a big deal. Multimod items were made myself and gear upgrades over time. This gear is just my current version.

Cluster Jewels are INSANE for this build. Not sure how to link them but you can find them better on poe.ninja. Note that my gear has even been upgraded since the site last updated.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Cruxation/Crux_BB?i=8&search=class%3DGladiator%26item%3DGlorious-Vanity%26skill%3DPuncture

EDIT: I realize now you can also see my jewels on the passive tree on the official website. The character name is Crux_BB and my profile is public.

I don't know why you had to drop Crimson Dance in the first place, you should never have it to begin with.

Not everyone has tens of exalts to spend on their gear. It's simply not relevant to majority of the players. I do mention everything you're doing with exception of timeless jewel because it requires massive investment to make use of it. I use Quartz Flask myself and it's in the flask setup myself. Endurance charge generation i recommend through boots. Cluster jewel notables are useful but not really since Ryslatha's Coil already takes care of sustain for the most part. Vivid Hues is mostly for bosses.

Also - you're not using my build. I don't use armour.

"
Cruxation wrote:
Spoiler
All good, hopefully it helps someone else some. I will say in the most recent patch they changed how instant skills interact with LMB and moving. Essentially you can assign an instant skills to LMB and it will automatically cast if available as you move. This works by clicking or holding down the button while moving. I have added molten shell to mine. I suck at keeping it up and now it is automated. If you are a pro gamer who is great with cool down rotations then this is a down side. If you're a regular person who likes bonuses ever now and again without having to do anything or pay attention this is a pure free buff. As far as I know warcries, guard skills (molten shell, steelskin, etc.) phase run, and withering step all work like this.

Might work for Molten Shell. For Steelskin not so much. It's simply not reliable, CWDT setup simply works better.

"
The_Klous wrote:
I've been considering despair on hit gloves in conjunction with a vulnerability on hit ring and anointing +1 curse. Is this viable or a waste?

Also great guide!

Absolutely no. Cleaving gives you significantly more damage.

"
Mooginator wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hucuchill wrote:

It depends. RoA is king in Hardcore (https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds?skill=Puncture) showing support for survival with trade, while SA is king in SSF/SSF HC (https://poe.ninja/challengehcssf/builds?skill=Puncture).

I wouldn't read too much into it. Choice between both skills is primarly a preference. Many people a claiming Split Arrow to be better and safer, while my experience was exactly the opposite. Every time i switched to SA, i just wanted to go back RoA right away. I do primarly play HC.

Some people like tea, other prefer coffee.

"
Spiattalo wrote:
Spoiler
I have to say, I love the guide and the idea, but I am going to abandon my char at this stage. I feel way too squishy even at AL4 even though I don't think I have gone terribly wrong with my gear. I tried a delirium encounter and couldn't kill the bosses at wave 15, they just kept one-shotting me.

https://pastebin.com/334RQjKG

Of course you won't if you don't invest into your character. You're missing crucial upgrades. If you're facing Sirus then it means you're doing red maps, and you don't have things i list you should've acquired in yellow maps. Not even super cheap "Cleaving" annointment. Yes, things are expensive but i do warn that the build isn't cheap in end game. This isn't necromancer where you faceroll all content in Tabula.

Also, Sirus is mostly a mechanical fight. If you're dying, it means you didn't play well. Similar goes to fighting the Omniphobia in Simulacrum - you simply run circles and he can't hit you with his skills.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
@DankawSL

Well I never claimed to be using your build exactly as you have it. I specifically lead with there are the changes I made and highlighted so several players what made the build feel better for me. Cluster jewels are also insanely strong for bleed bow in general. easiest way to gain lot of damage scaling in one compact place. There's a reason all of the top bleed bow builds are using them on poe.ninja.

Lastly I built this character from the ground up. I didn't just magically get good gear. You upgrade over time. I can only show what I'm currently wearing and explain why.

EDIT: Lastly how is vivid hues only for bosses? 12% multi is a strong offensive node by itself... the life regen is gravy. Plus clearing is excellent with this character so improving bossing should be a #1 priority...

Last edited by Cruxation on Apr 5, 2020, 4:59:00 PM
If your ring gives you Vulnerability, any thoughts on what else to do with those Ensnaring Arrow links? Great build.
I use this since I made my vuln ring.

While I play with Split Arrow, I also agree that rain of arrows feels safer. It gives you a nice little safety bubble around you. Split arrow relies on speed and clicks. I run through packs shotgunning packs at full speed. The pierce kills a lot of stuff off screen ahead of me because my dmg is dumb. Two very different play styles. Ive used both with the build and felt better with each at different times. Since im going strictly mapping with this char, I chose to stick with split arrow.

Ive done several deathless simulacrums at this point, the build is very capable of all content. Ive done up to A7 sirus on it. I died a few times because I barely know the fight and this is not a facetank build, but I got it done.
Pushing above a 6k life pool helps a lot with preventing 1 shots in mapping. I used every life passive I could on my tree. I have 6500 life and only get 1 shot by simulacrum bosses in wave 17-20 or the random stuff I shouldnt have stood in.

Got my boss killer dialed in over the last few days and now i have some time and spare currency to put into this baby.
I have 10-15ex to spend, would love some input from you guys on where I should put it. Im really not sure at this point. I guess I could get a few more better gems. Maybe some kind of helm enchant? Is there even a good one? lol
My other build was all in on cluster jewels, there are some really nice es ones, was considering looking at some life ones to maybe give me a suitability boost.

I didnt check anything I just loaded my char and made a link
https://pastebin.com/9HVYsgnv
Last edited by FoggyNights on Apr 6, 2020, 1:59:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info