@GGG only thing you are missing is CGI sequences in between the POE story - PLEASE <3

Omg @Charan answered my thread, meaning i made it in wraeclast and @GGG will make short cgi clips someday.

Or lets say they make story telling in between major quests and end or start of the acts similar to Max Payne 1 and 2...those were golden and im sure artists would love it.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Nov 9, 2018, 5:42:58 AM
I'll make a gif for each act for free.... :3
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
A problem with this idea is that the majority of paying users will skip every single cutscene while quickly leveling to endgame as usual. Cutscenes in a game are nice, don't get me wrong; it's one of the best parts about Blizzard's games, but PoE really isn't focused on the story.

The one thing that comes close to cutscenes are Shaper appearances, and they're massively unpopular because they interrupt the flow of the game and aren't skippable.

The only reason why cutscenes would be implemented is to attract new players. Existing ones won't benefit.
Yeah some kind of animated story telling would increase the immersion. Atm many ppl do the 10 acts without even knowing what is the game about really.
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Achilion wrote:
Yeah some kind of animated story telling would increase the immersion. Atm many ppl do the 10 acts without even knowing what is the game about really.

Yeees yeees +10, that is what im talking about. Thank you sir !

EDIT:

For example im veteran i know the story pretty well, but i still have like lots of blank spots in my head to be able to connect everything, that happened before the events of Wraeclast and present time...still many loopholes.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

Last edited by Farystar on Nov 10, 2018, 11:38:40 AM
I'd love that, but I don't see GGG do it unfortunately :((
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

I hope they do it, so they are skip-able for those who don't want it, simple go @GGG ! :P.

"
Farystar wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

I hope they do it, so they are skip-able for those who don't want it, simple go @GGG ! :P.

This is GGG, they only add the workable version of something the third time around... so no, they won't be skippable and will be a pain in the ass.
Every game their own.

Did Half-Life series need CGI movie clips to tell the story? Does WOW have CGI movie clips in-game to tell the story?

That Diablo 2 had them, does not mean POE need them to compete with D3/(D4)/Grim Dawn/Wolcen/Last Epoch/Lost Arch for new players. CGI cutscenes/mini clips in-game are not the means to the end of "immersion." It's not a must-have nor mandatory.

btw Half-Life was groundbreaking at its time, telling the story through its engine (heavily modified Quake engine) and not CGI cut-scenes. And to this day, Half-Life Series tells the story through its engine, not CGI cut-scenes.

Thus, I argue the opposite, if GGG can tell the story with their engine, they should do so, solely; eg Piety's death scene.

Also, CGI mini movies cost money, taking money away from league and expansion development. I'd rather have a polished league than a fancy CGI teaser trailer for the new league.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Nov 21, 2018, 5:24:30 PM
"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:
That Diablo 2 had them, does not mean POE need them to compete with D3/(D4)/Grim Dawn/Wolcen/Last Epoch/Lost Arch for new players. CGI cutscenes/mini clips in-game are not the means to the end of "immersion." It's not a must-have nor mandatory.

I don't think anybody said that.

For example, cut scenes/animated movie clip were very important in MM7, or in many finaly fantasy games, and they added a lot to the experience.
( Of course in the case of all the latest real ff - as in : up to X -, the characters were 'static' and included in all of those, making it even more ... powerful if I may, but in MM7 and many other Might and Magic series, they didn't, and they still were important ).

Of course, it would need to be something skippable, let's not be silly.

PoE is less about the story and the immersion though, which makes those scenes less needed. I guess most people would not care about it anyway.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2018, 8:55:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info