A nice video explaining the situation.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'm probably allowed to admit now I've known about the ps4 PoE port for well over a year. It's been a long time in development (working with Microsoft and working with Sony are two very different things) and none of you noticed any impact on the PC version, right? :P

Chris Wilson can be one canny bastard. Blizzard wish they had someone with his business acumen and passion for the product in their ranks. Rotating door development never works out in the end.

There probably wasn't as much impact on the PC version than there was with Xbox port. With Xbox the situation was "what we had before console port", whereas with PS4 it's probably more along the lines of "what we could've had without console port". And I'm kinda glad I have no idea what the game could've been at this point if it wasn't balanced with console ports in mind.

Ignorance is bliss \o/
"
鬼殺し wrote:
DI is a natural extension of D3. Anyone thinking otherwise hasn't been paying attention to where 'mainstream' ARPGs have been going from the start. Everyone knows it's neither original nor innovative, borrowing so heavily from the existing mobile evolutions of the ARPG. But what it will do is bring quality to that market -- the vast majority of those games are pretty to look at but utter trash to play. Unresponsive controls, paywall locked loot, auto-combat runs...all very much hallmarks of a market flooded with wannabes. By bringing the actual Diablo into it with NetEase's experience, Blizzard are very likely going to clean sweep the entire genre. If they can avoid the pitfalls of NetEase/Gameloft/Gamevil/Netmarble/etc games, keep the loot hunt rewarding but challenging...yeah, this WILL be a win for them. It's a wonder they could hear the gamernerdrage over the sound of the fortune waiting to be made.

I agree 100%. Developing/outsourcing a Diablo game to the mobile platform isn't a bad move at all, seen from a business perspective. A lot of people seem to think that the game itself (Diablo Immortal) was the "fuck-up". It wasn't. And the game will sell well, i can almost guarantee it.

The fuck-up was the hyped videos from Blizzard before BlizzCon, the buildup, and the "climax" that was only Diablo Immortal, and nothing - not even a hint/tease/straw towards the core Blizzard fans, that are mainly PC gamers. Blizzard chose to focus only on Diablo Immortal.

As Octavian(*) sais, Diablo Immortal would be a lot more welcomed, if it would be announced alongside a D2 rework, or as part of the hype train building up to D4, like Fallout Shelter.

* A streamer ("whore" in your words?)

And as the person behind the video in this topic: D2 DESERVES a remaster. But Blizzard have said that it sadly would take to much work, as they more or less would have to build it from the ground, based to the engine it runs in, as I've understood.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 6, 2018, 9:38:38 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Blizzard wish they had someone with his business acumen and passion for the product in their ranks. Rotating door development never works out in the end.

I'm certain that players of Blizzard products would wish for a Chris Wilson, but I'm not sold that Activision wants someone like him. In spite of the vitriol about GGG recently, and selling out to Tencent, I do think their passion still remains with the game rather than the bottom line...even though the two go hand in hand to a point (making money means less compromises).

Activision would make a game called Black Screen, and sell MTXs for different shades of black if they thought they could sell it.
the best and most innovative arpg i've played in recent years has been BDO, which is a pretty damning statement as its an MMO lol, but the combat engine was really something it woulda made a great arpg if they stripped out the korean grind bullshit and pointless mmo framework.

Blizz should try something they used to do, good plan well executed. Sadly I suspect that both appeasing their corporate overlords and a general lack of the right kind of talent is going to inhibit that, genius developers are hardly going to go to Blizzard to express their creative freedom are they :/
1/ # feelsbadforrealdiablofans
2/ # hopegggwontfollowthewrongpathofgreedandstupiditywegottonsofeverywherenowadays
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info