Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2018, 11:02:38 AM
nvmd
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 5, 2018, 5:48:36 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Your propensity for inappropriate, useless replies is bordering on legendary these days, A_D.

__

As other YT comments said, this reminds me of TB. And that makes me sad. :(

Oh yeah I forgot fat shaming is a thing nowadays nevermind.
Git R Dun!
D:I looks like a low fidelity rehash / recycled spinoff for a platform which is prone to be the worst one for that kind of games.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
He has a lot of points.

I still can't understand how Blizzard could fuck up so badly. They KNOW that a SOLID majority of their fan base are PC players. PC is Blizzard's biggest arena, where all their biggest franchises and brands have a solid foothold. Hell, 95% of gamers attending BlizzCon, are PC gamers (yes, I'm guessing). And this is what they have for them?

I lost all hope after Diablo 3. They removed choices. They removed builds. They removed almost everything resembling an RPG, even though there's a small "a" in front of it. They removed the "grittyness". They turned away from the core fans already back then, and this is just confirmation that have no connection to their core fans.

I realize as I'm writing that the "old" fans, wanting a real aRPG with choices, builds and complexity are a minority these days. So I blame the kids. And Blizzard. I'm sad. Not because I had hopes, but because the whole situation is just that. Sad.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Your propensity for inappropriate, useless replies is bordering on legendary these days, A_D.

__

As other YT comments said, this reminds me of TB. And that makes me sad. :(

Oh yeah I forgot fat shaming is a thing nowadays nevermind.

It's ok, after all everyone should fall within your values, else they're shitty human beings.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Don't make me elaborate on the character customisation options of every arpg from D1 onward...because you know I will, and I'll hate you just a little bit for it. :P

Can you elaborate on this, please? :P

In my simple mind, calling D3 an aRPG is just wrong. You have no choices. You don't customize your character. You pick a set of skills, stay with them - and if you want to change? Just pick any other skills on the fly, because you have no points to put in either of them.

I understand that something like that was added to the game after I left, but it was pretty superficial.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the appeal of an "easier" game, that doesn't require you to sink your life into it. Both from the developers point of view, and the players. But there isn't (wasn't?) many elements in D3 resembling "RPG".

I've played them "all". From D1 and D2, through the Sacred games, TL1 and 2, TQ, D3, PoE and more. What does all of them have i common, except D3? You level up, earn points - to use to specialize into your way of playing, based on the skills you (want to) use. I might be blowing this out of proportions, but to me, that is the key in aRPG (Hack'n Slash games). D3 failed hard there.

When I say "failed", I mean it failed to appeal to me as a gamer. D3 didn't fail, at least not from an economical point of view.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"

:). I liked it.

Nevertheless there is player base who are "scared" of PC and Blizzard did good decision. Not with how they announced it though :D.

New player base on horizon!

Check this Twitch Chat Reacts To The Diablo Immortal Announcement on youtube.

Some of those comments are top tier :D.
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 5, 2018, 7:30:35 PM
I sure hope GGG doesn't take this guy too seriously and let the Blizzard foo-bar on D4 for PC (they shot themselves in both feet this time) go to their heads and end up in ivory towers like Blizzard is and completely disconnect from the PoE player base. It kind of feels like GGG already has with the announcement of custom private leagues. More catering to the elite PoE players and ignoring the rest of their player base. PoE is already plenty hard enough for the casual masses. Mods like No Vending, No Stashes, Reduced Resistances (beyond the 60% we already incur in the endgame), No Magic or Rare drops (white gear and uniques only), famine, etc. As the guy in the video said, what kind of rubber dick is GGG slapping us filthy casuals in the face with? All us casuals already view the endgame as "we don't need no stinkin' harder endgame!" We definitely need more play options in the endgame, that's why the infinite dungeon delving really needs to be incorporated into the core game, but with much lower sulphite requirements. We also need less speed racing and fewer one-shot boss death traps. Unfortunately, that's what the PoE elites want, "more harder please GGG". We need more endgame content that the 98% can play. Double Uber Elder... fuck that shit (I haven't even reached the Guardians yet. And also fuck the "git gud or git out" players... just stay mute please.)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 5, 2018, 8:03:12 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
I sure hope GGG doesn't take this guy too seriously and let the Blizzard foo-bar on D4 for PC (they shot themselves in both feet this time) go to their heads and end up in ivory towers like Blizzard is and completely disconnect from the PoE player base.

I highly doubt that they will. The way GGG interact with their community is already COMPLETELY different from what Blizzard is like. I also don't think that they're celebrating the D:I announcement as some people here think that they'd do. I feel like it sparked discussion if anything. I read that it was originally planned to release an early D4 teaser on Blizzcon, which for some reason was cancelled. The big question is of course, what ARE the reasons? Had they released the teaser, then everything would've been fine I think. So what was important enough to cancel the plans and cause such a PR disaster?

As for the "recent news" stuff... private leagues were promised years ago, so this one just got hella delayed.
And the PS4 thing? PoE already got an Xbox port, this is just the game expanding to yet another platform. The first one didn't destroy the game, this one won't and if there are more in the future, then I highly doubt they would.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info