3.5 Expansion launch @Xbox

Is there any date set for Xbox launch for new league?
Would be nice to get also a start during weekend, or at least make some poll what people prefer?
Start again on Monday/Tuesday or start one week later than pc but have a nice competitive during weekend with way more players.

Would be good to know to take some days off at work.
Last edited by jaav on Oct 31, 2018, 9:49:35 PM
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2018, 3:40:36 PM
It's usually a week after PC.
it'll be the Monday after the initial PC release, because some genius (heavy sarcasm) at GGG decided to screw over us xbox players by releasing on the worst day of the week (a monday).

People need to face it, Poe on xbox is the red-headed step child that GGG couldn't give a shit less about. There's zero communication between staff and community like there is on PC, any staff member replies are just generic copy pasted replies with no thought or consideration put in. Requests for quality of life features have gone ignored.

Move to PC if you want to play a polished game. Xbox is just another way for them to make more money.
"
LOLUBAD wrote:
it'll be the Monday after the initial PC release, because some genius (heavy sarcasm) at GGG decided to screw over us xbox players by releasing on the worst day of the week (a monday).

People need to face it, Poe on xbox is the red-headed step child that GGG couldn't give a shit less about. There's zero communication between staff and community like there is on PC, any staff member replies are just generic copy pasted replies with no thought or consideration put in. Requests for quality of life features have gone ignored.

Move to PC if you want to play a polished game. Xbox is just another way for them to make more money.

I would be more than a little surprised if a Poll did not come back with a large in favor margin of releasing as soon as possible, regardless of the day that it might land on, so i can't agree with what you consider "screwing us over" in this statement. Trying to get the updates out as fast as possible, which is what people were screaming for earlier on, seems to me to totally contradict it actually.

I will agree with you that things have been silent for some time now communication wise. Xbox specific fixes and/or changes are pretty much non-existent with every subsequent update for quite some time now.

I play it as a time filler now on the xbox, much like i do on the PC these days.

If a future update hits with a bunch of requested changes for the xbox, i will be pleasantly surprised, but i ain't holding my breath at this point.
Why would they not just release it on a Friday like they do PC? Their reasoning is: "we have the weekend to fix any bugs the PC version might have". Yet we still receive the same bugs that PC originally launches with. It literally makes ZERO difference. And why not just release it Friday and then work on the bugs over the weekend? It literally makes zero sense. A weekday launch (monday) must literally have the worst statistics of any day of the week. I would put money on it.
"
LOLUBAD wrote:
Why would they not just release it on a Friday like they do PC? Their reasoning is: "we have the weekend to fix any bugs the PC version might have". Yet we still receive the same bugs that PC originally launches with. It literally makes ZERO difference. And why not just release it Friday and then work on the bugs over the weekend? It literally makes zero sense. A weekday launch (monday) must literally have the worst statistics of any day of the week. I would put money on it.

Ya i dunno. If i had to guess, i'd say that it has something to do with Microsoft's Certification Process. While, yes we do have the same bugs at launch as the PC, i figure that the bugs that they fix over the weekend for the PC can then have the time needed to pass through the Certification Process to coincide with the xbox for when our weekend hits, thus making for a smoother gaming experience once that has happened.

One could argue that if this is the case, then they could still simply delay it until the weekend just the same, to which i would argue that possibly the earlier release allows them to see any Xbox specific bugs that also need to be addressed to be packaged in the update or very close thereafter.

All just speculation on my part though :)

People were making a stink about the delay between platforms earlier on as well. If they do delay it so that it has a weekend start, the "Please start on the weekend" post's will just be replaced by the "Why do we have to wait so long?" post's, so its a can't win situation for them no matter how you slice it.

Some launch dates work out better for me than others so i win some and lose some, but if a Poll did go up i think i'd want it out as soon as possible personally. Especially with an update that has an expansion attached to it.
I really don't care when as long this next patch fixes the crashes and all those annoying bugs that've been around for some time ;_;
"
cheeky90 wrote:
I really don't care when as long this next patch fixes the crashes and all those annoying bugs that've been around for some time ;_;

That would be nice for sure. I'm on an original xbox that came with the kinect, so i could use any help i can get. I wish there was an option to drastically downgrade the graphics to boost my performance. I'll take a huge hit on pretty for a small bump to smoothness. Anytime i open a strongbox i got my fingers crossed it doesn't completely freeze for 2 secs and leave me with a no-chance pooch death (and no it's not the strongbox that freezes me, its the game)
"
SQUINT wrote:
"
cheeky90 wrote:

That would be nice for sure. I'm on an original xbox that came with the kinect, so i could use any help i can get. I wish there was an option to drastically downgrade the graphics to boost my performance. I'll take a huge hit on pretty for a small bump to smoothness. Anytime i open a strongbox i got my fingers crossed it doesn't completely freeze for 2 secs and leave me with a no-chance pooch death (and no it's not the strongbox that freezes me, its the game)

;_; ;_; ;_;
yeah, i know what u mean
"
LOLUBAD wrote:

Because publishers need to get certification from Microsoft + publishing anything in xbox store cost money. Unless ggg contract with Microsoft states otherwise it's usually additional payment towards Microsoft for any update thus it's logical we need to wait. If you expect updates in the same as PC Xbox version would need to be published BEFORE PC because getting Microsoft certification takes time. It doesn't matter when game is updating - even if you aim for a place within top10 - unless we talk about shoet time races.

I wouldn't put any money to place a bet because as far as it goes people work on shift patterns, weekend shifts, part time shifts or going to schools. Most of community is rather casual players and it doesn't matter for them when it's published.

As we don't know what goes behind closed doors how do you know they don't do additional tests during this time to get rid of xbox specific bugs? Xbox and pc versions are different.

To say it short - there are reasons they do it the way it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info