[3.4] Old Spectre (1M - 3.7 M dps) + Zombies (1.5 M - 2.2 M dps) build. All content | Shaper down

Added a T13 Elder video... on the hunt for Uber Elder!
Hey ,pretty interesting looking build , i rerolled my prev character build to this one , dmg output is decent but i seem to get 1 shot or killed very fast even when i try to avoid the dmg from mobs.. you think you can take a look at my gear and tell me where i can improve? currently have 2.7k hp (unreserved, 3772 total) and 3.3k ES , res is capped
thanks in advance ^^
"
ryan_MD wrote:
Hey ,pretty interesting looking build , i rerolled my prev character build to this one , dmg output is decent but i seem to get 1 shot or killed very fast even when i try to avoid the dmg from mobs.. you think you can take a look at my gear and tell me where i can improve? currently have 2.7k hp (unreserved, 3772 total) and 3.3k ES , res is capped
thanks in advance ^^

Hi! I hope you are getting fun with the build, I definetly have it :).

Looking at your gear it is very good, and your EHP buffer is also very good. You should not get one shot that often, so it is probably a matter of the content you are trying (some times, no matter what, and specially on low Delve levels 300+, mobs can one shot you if they catch you).

I find using flame dash too slow... maybe thats the issue if you are trying to escape with that skill; only linked with faster casting is a life saver, if not it just lacks reaction time. I have it only to save terrain cliffs and such on my swap (you still want to use it if you do LAB mind you ^^).
As escaping tool, learn to use Phase run and quicksilvers (yes I use two, to be always on the move), that makes you hard to hit, the combo makes your life a lot easier!.

I see you have low chaos resists, maybe you get those one shots when you face high level mobs doing chaos damage, I tried my best to get chaos res on gear, as it is one of the weakness of Midnight Bargain and lower hp buffer. I know it is expensive, but if you can, try to get chaos res on your unset ring or in one of the jewels.

Apart from that, the build needs to be on the move to evade hits, use your phase run and quicksilver and stay on the run, specially on hard content. A good technique to avoid hits, is hit phase run, pass through the packs and hit convocation, that melts them and you hardly get hit.
Remember that we ain't a tank! thats why we need so many defense layers.

Instead of using arcane surge, use spell echo to hit most mobs with arc in one cast; we are not doing the damage, we just need to proc EE for our spectres.

Try to socket Animated Guardian into your shield, and gear it with the recommended items, it will ease your life too, as it will give you 15% movement speed when it is near you, apart from greatly boosting your minions dps too!

Last edited by Aalzien on Nov 9, 2018, 7:07:16 AM
"
Aalzien wrote:
"
ryan_MD wrote:
thanks in advance ^^

Hi! I hope you are getting fun with the build, I definetly have it :).

Looking at your gear it is very good, and your EHP buffer is also very good. You should not get one shot that often, so it is probably a matter of the content you are trying (some times, no matter what, and specially on low Delve levels 300+, mobs can one shot you if they catch you).

I find using flame dash too slow... maybe thats the issue if you are trying to escape with that skill; only linked with faster casting is a life saver, if not it just lacks reaction time. I have it only to save terrain cliffs and such on my swap (you still want to use it if you do LAB mind you ^^).
As escaping tool, learn to use Phase run and quicksilvers (yes I use two, to be always on the move), that makes you hard to hit, the combo makes your life a lot easier!.

I see you have low chaos resists, maybe you get those one shots when you face high level mobs doing chaos damage, I tried my best to get chaos res on gear, as it is one of the weakness of Midnight Bargain and lower hp buffer. I know it is expensive, but if you can, try to get chaos res on your unset ring or in one of the jewels.

Apart from that, the build needs to be on the move to evade hits, use your phase run and quicksilver and stay on the run, specially on hard content. A good technique to avoid hits, is hit phase run, pass through the packs and hit convocation, that melts them and you hardly get hit.
Remember that we ain't a tank! thats why we need so many defense layers.

Instead of using arcane surge, use spell echo to hit most mobs with arc in one cast; we are not doing the damage, we just need to proc EE for our spectres.

Try to socket Animated Guardian into your shield, and gear it with the recommended items, it will ease your life too, as it will give you 15% movement speed when it is near you, apart from greatly boosting your minions dps too!

ahh i see , yeah ill try get chaos res is some gear , thank you for your input ^^
Added a large arm delve video to show how to deal with them... azurite is the devil, darkness is your new friend!
what spectre are you using for this build? solar guard?
"
xstations wrote:
what spectre are you using for this build? solar guard?

Hi, sorry for late answer, been taking a rest before new league :).

I have used different ones, depending on my RNG mood hehe.
In the end it all comes to preferences, I ended up using 2 Flame sentinels and 3 Goatman Fire-Raisers, and used them for long time, mainly because they do not die...
For some time I tested various combinations, and all are good, although it is good to have a mix between good pack clearers (Solar Guards, Sentinels...) and good bossers (Fire-Raisers, Incinerators...).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info